Server Maintenance - August 10, 2012

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - August 10, 2012

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:18 pm

So why did we raise the en cost to 6 and not just increase the rpp number needed to win the onslaught? You could even decrease the rewards some to balance, but the 6 en cost makes onslaughts a parking lot where people just watch to one person that waited 15 minutes to recharge...

It completed slowed the battle down to the point of killing the intersest, I know my guild took it off the schedule...its boring now...
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Postby Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Jetras wrote:So why did we raise the en cost to 6 and not just increase the rpp number needed to win the onslaught? You could even decrease the rewards some to balance, but the 6 en cost makes onslaughts a parking lot where people just watch to one person that waited 15 minutes to recharge...

It completed slowed the battle down to the point of killing the intersest, I know my guild took it off the schedule...its boring now...

The reason they didn't just increase the rpp, and or, decrease the pay out. Is, they wanted to make it so you could dump your energy faster in case you don't have much time, just like a normal raid.
P.S. are you sure that's why your guild dropped it? My guild dropped it too, but it was because it became hard to finish. Especially because some people were protesting it, being annoyed they couldn't get enough kills to make it worth it. Also, vallus gives a better payout, and since the update it's actually easier to finish.
Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz

Postby TCG_Garrison64 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Pureawesomeness wrote:
Jetras wrote:So why did we raise the en cost to 6 and not just increase the rpp number needed to win the onslaught? You could even decrease the rewards some to balance, but the 6 en cost makes onslaughts a parking lot where people just watch to one person that waited 15 minutes to recharge...

The reason they didn't just increase the rpp, and or, decrease the pay out. Is, they wanted to make it so you could dump your energy faster in case you don't have much time, just like a normal raid.
P.S. are you sure that's why your guild dropped it? My guild dropped it too, but it was because it became hard to finish. Especially because some people were protesting it, being annoyed they couldn't get enough kills to make it worth it. Also, vallus gives a better payout, and since the update it's actually easier to finish.

That's not why they dropped it. They dropped it because people were getting entirely too much RPP out of the raid without spending gs. The payout was just too high and would eventually throw the game out of balance. My SW was getting over 20k RPP easy without spending any gs. Normal raid is 4k to 5k at best without gs.

Our guild dropped it primarily because it isn't fair to all classes. Justicars have it the worst and most of our Justicars refuse to even show up for it. It's just too frustrating for them. But the raid is also boring now because it's so easy to run through even 42 energy and then you just sit there waiting to regen or you are forced to pump gs to keep the energy flowing. Also without very good attendance it is very difficult to finish without using a lot of gs because it is very long with the increased energy requirement. Good attendance is hard to get because quite a few of our guild just don't like it and I don't blame them.
TCG_Garrison64

Postby Bbbb » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:48 am

Not fair to Justicars? I run all three classes. A properly configured Justicar (e.g. you need heroic will) does just fine. For me, I found SW during the mob phase to be the most handicapped of all classes.

The RPP being higher doesn't matter. The RPP->Valor conversion was lower than all other raids.

Of the guilds I know that dropped it, nobody dropped because of fairness or being too difficult to finish. It was that Kraken/Zuur was a better use of time than Crypt and Vallus/CK was a better use than SC. My home guild is one of the few that hasn't dropped it, but we do it a LOT less often. From daily to maybe twice a week.
Bbbb

Postby Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:30 pm

TCG_Garrison64 wrote:
Pureawesomeness wrote:The reason they didn't just increase the rpp, and or, decrease the pay out. Is, they wanted to make it so you could dump your energy faster in case you don't have much time, just like a normal raid.

That's not why they dropped it. They dropped it because people were getting entirely too much RPP out of the raid without spending gs. The payout was just too high and would eventually throw the game out of balance. My SW was getting over 20k RPP easy without spending any gs. Normal raid is 4k to 5k at best without gs.

There was a mistake in my post. At the beggining I meant, the reason they didn't just decrease the rpp given per set of kills... Hopefully that was understood even though what I originally said there made no sense.
Now back to the main topic. What I said was, the reason they did it the way they did, instead of making the rewards less. is, because they wanted people to be able to get rid of there energy faster. Not that the reason they made it harder, was to let people get rid of there energy faster.
Pur3Aw3zom3n3zz

Previous

Return to Game Updates