Server Maintenance - August 10, 2012

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Server Maintenance - August 10, 2012

Postby Lady_Katy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:20 pm

There will be a server maintenance tomorrow, August 10th at 11am server time. We are rolling out some additional server fixes and balance tweaks. Expected downtime is a half hour.

NOTE: There will be no compensation for failed raids due to the maintenance interruption. So plan your schedules accordingly.

General
  • Made latency improvements to the servers.
  • Sending chat messages should no longer boot you out to the main menu under certain conditions.
  • Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause an error when immediately entering a raid after the 5 minute warm up time.

War Mage
  • Reduced cooldown on Flaming Pyre.

Justicar
  • Increased debuff effect of War Cry. It now decreases physical resistance by 20%/35%/50%.
  • Increased damage of Radiant Light 2 and 3.
  • Removed stacking bleeds between Circle of Blades and Wound.
  • Bleed stacking on Wound has been reduced to 2.
  • Bleed stacking on Circle of Blades has been reduced to 2.

Shadow Walker
  • Removed stacking poisons between Poison Cloud and Toxic Blade.
  • Poison stacking on Toxic Blade has been reduced to 2.
  • Poison stacking on Poison Cloud has been removed.

Raids
  • Decreased combat time per Onslaught phase.
  • Increased energy requirement to 6 per Onslaught phase.
Lady_Katy

Re: Server Maintenance - August 10, 2012

Postby Totoros » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:33 pm

Tweaks such as? :)
Totoros

Postby Lady_Katy » Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:46 pm

Totoros wrote:Tweaks such as? :)

Such as the ones that will be posted tomorrow ;-)
Lady_Katy

Postby Little_Mike » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:25 pm

Patch notes have been added.
Little_Mike

Postby Totoros » Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:29 pm

Very nice! thx :D
Totoros

Postby Marney » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:08 pm

Lady_Katy wrote:Sending chat messages should no longer boot you out to the main menu under certain conditions.

What about the unintentional sends?

Lady_Katy wrote:Removed stacking bleeds between Circle of Blades and Wound.
Removed stacking poisons between Poison Cloud and Toxic Blade.

I'm not sure what either of these means, exactly, but I suppose it should be easy enough to figure out by testing.

Lady_Katy wrote:Decreased combat time per Onslaught phase.
Increased energy requirement to 6 per Onslaught phase.

This seems like it will punish players with lower might, rather than rein in those of us who have been having a field day with onslaught; previously, it only made sense to play onslaught if you could kill two or more mobs per wave, now it won't make sense unless you can kill three. People who have trouble killing mobs will usually have a lower max energy as well, so this is a double whammy for them, as the timer is reduced while the energy requirements go up. I was killing ten on occasion, so this won't really affect me, but I imagine plenty of other people will be more reluctant to participate. Did you guys consider putting a limit on the maximum number of mobs in a wave instead?
Marney

Postby Little_Mike » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:40 pm

Marney wrote:
Lady_Katy wrote:Sending chat messages should no longer boot you out to the main menu under certain conditions.

What about the unintentional sends?

Lady_Katy wrote:Removed stacking bleeds between Circle of Blades and Wound.
Removed stacking poisons between Poison Cloud and Toxic Blade.

I'm not sure what either of these means, exactly, but I suppose it should be easy enough to figure out by testing.

Lady_Katy wrote:Decreased combat time per Onslaught phase.
Increased energy requirement to 6 per Onslaught phase.

This seems like it will punish players with lower might, rather than rein in those of us who have been having a field day with onslaught; previously, it only made sense to play onslaught if you could kill two or more mobs per wave, now it won't make sense unless you can kill three. People who have trouble killing mobs will usually have a lower max energy as well, so this is a double whammy for them, as the timer is reduced while the energy requirements go up. I was killing ten on occasion, so this won't really affect me, but I imagine plenty of other people will be more reluctant to participate. Did you guys consider putting a limit on the maximum number of mobs in a wave instead?

1) No the unintentional sends will be fixed in 1.4.1. This fixes a rare issue where if you send a chat message, it would boot you to the mian menu.

2) If you had certain ranks of Poison Cloud/Toxic Blade or Circle of Blades/Wound, the dots would stack with each other instead of putting two separate debuffs.

3) We checked our telemetry and people even at 2300-3000 Might are doing more than the intended number of hits per energy on Crypt of Corruption. The higher energy cost and less amount of time per Onslaught will help with that and the inability to dump all your energy in an appropriate amount of time.
Little_Mike

Postby Marney » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:21 pm

re: 2, huh, I never knew that. I got the mistaken impression that that was what the fix was going to do.
re: 3, okey-dokey. I've only played the Crypt a couple of times; Hunter was more what I was thinking of - those wolves dodge a lot.

Thanks for the clarifications, Mike. :)
Marney

Postby Hotasfire0Coolasice » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:09 pm

I guess it's only fair for them to stack only twice with DoT critting. What do you mean decreased combat time, less time per 6 energy? Considered the onslaughts already give half valor, unless you get 6 kills every energy cost, it'd be a waste. And with the decreased combat time, that will become even harder!

It seems more class ability justice is in place though, emphasis on JUSTIC.
Hotasfire0Coolasice

Postby TCG_Garrison64 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:18 pm

I don't see those changes helping Justicars much. They still have to deal with too much dodging and blocking which is the real killer in Onslaught raids. Too much reliance on luck both on the dodging/blocking and with crit. It's still going to be out of balance. Simply increasing War Cry isn't going to change that because all the blocks and dodges will still be happening. You can't damage what you can't hit. It's so frustrating that most of our Justicars stopped going to the Onslaught raids including myself. I'd rather play my SW which is way more fun on those raids. My Justicar just makes me want to throw my phone against the wall.
TCG_Garrison64

Next

Return to Game Updates