Update 1.4 - August 3, 2012

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Patch 1.4.0 - PREVIEW

Postby Little_Mike » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:06 pm

Update:

Android

• Push notifications have been implemented on Android. You should now be able to receive notifications when your Guild starts a Raid!
Little_Mike

Postby SïlvërDüst » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:29 am

Can you all make that members online icon on the guild menu clickable to show only those members that are online that make like alot easier than scrolling thru members of the whole guild to see who is online that
SïlvërDüst

Postby Swift » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:50 am

It sounds good, but the idea of taking away health regeneration during battle kind of sucks. It's a pain to go for healing potions or having to constantly leave battle to get healed. Not really looking forward to that.
Swift

Postby DB_DeathArcher » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:57 am

Push notifications! Yes
DB_DeathArcher

Postby Celestial_Cavalier » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:46 pm

Swift wrote:It sounds good, but the idea of taking away health regeneration during battle kind of sucks. It's a pain to go for healing potions or having to constantly leave battle to get healed. Not really looking forward to that.

I assume you're level is still low. Levels aside this is actually quite realistic because how can you restore health in the middle of battle. As long as you plan ahead I see no problem in having health regen removed during battle.
Celestial_Cavalier

Postby aptass » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Silverdust wrote:Can you all make that members online icon on the guild menu clickable to show only those members that are online that make like alot easier than scrolling thru members of the whole guild to see who is online that

Good suggestion. If possible, also add energy level of those online. Would help to determine if raid is doable or not.
Xxxxxxx. 32/42
Yytttttt 0/36
Etc
aptass

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Swift wrote:It sounds good, but the idea of taking away health regeneration during battle kind of sucks. It's a pain to go for healing potions or having to constantly leave battle to get healed. Not really looking forward to that.

Since this is just a preview, I do not know *why* Venan is taking away Health Regeneration during combat and not Energy Regeneration & Health Regeneration. However A) a brief glance shows Onslaught Raid mode is the most likely reason, B) Venan may add it back at a later date.

One of the updates was famous for having 3 overhauls in less than 11 days, most dealing with Stun Locking Enemies and other unintended consequences.

Since I just discovered Semi-Soft Stat Caps (Note 1), I will wait to see what actually happens during the first few weeks of v1.4.

Note 1)

Semi-Soft Stat Caps (Haste 40%, Crit 40%, Crit Power 250%, Melee ? <240, Magic ?<240, Total Physical Resist ?<75%, Total Magic Resist ?<75%, Dodge 40%)
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Little_Mike » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:59 pm

At this point, since we already submitted to Apple, the base client related changes are locked. We are still able to work on Android specific tasks since Google doesn't require a certification process. Obviously, we can still also work on data related tasks as well.
Little_Mike

Postby Musketeer » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:02 am

BjofCJandBj wrote:

Since this is just a preview, I do not know *why* Venan is taking away Health Regeneration during combat and not Energy Regeneration & Health Regeneration.

Taking away Health regeneration is logical, if a little harsh on the lower levels. Combat is supposed to be taking place in minutes, while time outside of combat represents hours or days spent travelling around. I suspect this will hardly be noticed by the level 25s, while it will slow progress a little for the lower levels that get hit a lot more often. By level 25 you shouldn't be getting hit all that often, or all that hard, and using an occasional potion is hardly a chore. We're all selling potions by the score daily, so what if you need to drink a few?

Take away Energy Regeneration while in combat? So to regenerate energy during a raid you have to leave the raid, and restart your RPP bonus again? Do you really want that?
Musketeer

Postby Musketeer » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Peter34 wrote:What is the purpose of the Recruit rank in a guild? Your post suggests that it has the exact same rights and privileges as Members.

It hasn't been stated by Mike but here's how I'd work it, and how it may be designed to work, if not in this patch then in a future one.

When you first join a Guild you are a recruit, until you are promoted to member by an officer or GM. Recruits do not gain bonuses from Favors.

Simple. Thus Mercenaries who guild hop for their own amusement and benefit do not get the advantages of full Guild members. This promotes Guild loyalty. The Mercenary lifestyle is still doable (and I do it myself, and will in the future) but there are some real game penalties for the freedom.

Guild officers would still have the option to grant membership status to a Mercenary if they chose.
Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates