Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:43 pm

No noticeable difference in P2 of SR, DW still not viable. You need constant crit pots or other buffs so it isn't sustainable. P3, the guy takes a little more melee damage but still kills you in one hit, making melee builds consistently unusable unless what I've heard is true and there is a phys resist gem now (wasn't in the notes).

Tried P3 of SQ - no noticeable change in physical resist. Seems like lip service was paid to a change that wasn't actually made - lets get it actually adjusted, Venan.
Last edited by Illy_the_Red on Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Illy_the_Red

Postby DoyleDD » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:07 pm

Thanks for the changes Venan but I wish IF had remained just tweaked a bit so phase 3 wasn't soooo hard. Could there be a compromise? Maybe timed IF or he won't rampage and IF at the same time. But thank you for the changes much appreciated :)
DoyleDD

Postby Shekka » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Derrin_Watson wrote:Shekka was correct in that inner focus is altogether gone. Resistance in general is lower. It's still a challenge. It should be. But it's much more easily doable.

Sigh, I was hoping you were correct and I was wrong.

I think that IF should remain, but on a timer or sorts. Now there is no fear for what is going to happen he you don't let him heal. I liked that feeling. Made us make sure that we were paying attention.

Don't get me wrong, he still hits hard and actually got me down to below 2k Heath twice, but I wasn't in fear that death was around the corner.
Shekka

Postby Honaj » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:18 pm

+1 D and Shekka
Honaj

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:19 pm

CheMClarc wrote:General:
  • Majerio got ahold of some Tragick Gems and will be selling them in the Black Market.

Does Majerio run the black market? Talk about a monopoly!!
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Postby CodeMonkey » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Intense Focus sticking was actually a bug with onslaught mode that would happen if you killed him during a heal. The buff was only supposed to be there while he was channeling, but when he 'died' and reset in onslaught mode the game was not correctly removing the channeled buff.

We may be able to bring it back in a future client update, but we can't fix the underlying problem w/o a code change.
CodeMonkey

Postby Shekka » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:27 pm

I personally looked at the raid like this prior to it being altered:

Have you ever taken a vehicle off-roading?

When you go off-roading, you can't drive like you do on the highway. If you do death WILL occur. Simple right?

You need to apply thought, and adapt to the path in front of you, might mean you drive much slower, might mean that you have to think about where you put your wheels on the path. Maybe it's a "do I need 4x4, or can 2 wheel get through this part?" Perhaps you need to add things to your truck, like better tires designed for off-roading.

In TSR the idea is the same. You can't take your KFS or CoC build and jump in and EXPECT to be awespoon. You have actually think about your move, you might need to tweak some abilities. You might even have to pay attention and not mindlessly tap.

My point is, not everything is meant to be easy. Not everything has a silver spoon plopped into your hand. Deal with it, and learn. It's life, and it the fun part. Learning how to adapt.

That said, great job on the new raids overall. Wish IF could come back in some form at some point.

Shekka
Shekka

Postby DoyleDD » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:19 pm

CodeMonkey wrote:Intense Focus sticking was actually a bug with onslaught mode that would happen if you killed him during a heal. The buff was only supposed to be there while he was channeling, but when he 'died' and reset in onslaught mode the game was not correctly removing the channeled buff.

We may be able to bring it back in a future client update, but we can't fix the underlying problem w/o a code change.

That would great :)
DoyleDD

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:02 pm

CodeMonkey wrote:Intense Focus sticking was actually a bug with onslaught mode that would happen if you killed him during a heal. The buff was only supposed to be there while he was channeling, but when he 'died' and reset in onslaught mode the game was not correctly removing the channeled buff.

It should stay gone. The phase is hard enough without a buff that enhances his status resist - his damage and speed are still so high that you need every edge you can get. Yes it's supposed to be hard, it IS hard. Very silly that immediately after a tweak is made, a minority want the tweak nerfed. Keep IF gone, it was an extra buff he doesn't need.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:04 pm

DoyleDD wrote:Thanks for the changes Venan but I wish IF had remained just tweaked a bit so phase 3 wasn't soooo hard. Could there be a compromise? Maybe timed IF or he won't rampage and IF at the same time. But thank you for the changes much appreciated :)

How is it more difficult now he doesn't have a SR buff that you have to wait out? The change was asked for, a minority now complain the change was too much - it wasn't. Tbh the main issues (phys resist not really changing and his damage) are still the primary ones. He doesn't need extra buffs to make it even more difficult for certain classes.
Illy_the_Red

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates