Client Update 2.6.0 - Server Maintenance

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Client Update 2.6.0 - Server Maintenance

Postby Bbbb » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:03 pm

I'm amazed. I had given up completely. Decent timing too. I was starting to get burned out a little on Dungeon Boss. I won't go back to 5 toons full time but I could seeing myself maybe doing a raid or two a day with 1-2 toons here and doing the tower and guild quests over in DB.

Chem, can you please tell us how many merc slots are available for each raid?
Bbbb

Postby Derrin_Watson » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:08 am

DreamingDæmon wrote:I sincerely hope that the people who have kept faith and stayed with the game get what they want from this update, and it rewards you hanging on through the silence you've put up with for so long.
Players so loyal deserve that much and more.

It's unfortunate indeed that Venan has chosen not to tell us exciting news such as this until it is upon us. But, as the bard said, "What's past is prologue." I prefer to focus on the future.

And as someone who has kept faith and stayed with the game, I am thrilled with what I see. No there isn't t20 gear and a new level of valor. I'm not sure there needs to be. Between the white gems and the Valentines T16 unstable gems, there are intriguing possibilities for customization and growth, without the expense of transferring enchants. Several folks have urged Venan to shake things up, and think outside prior updates. They have done exactly that.

Most important from my perspective is the addition of two new, high level, onslaught raids. I am eager to try them out. Honestly, I don't expect them to be perfect and perfectly balanced right from the start. I'm not troubled by that. Venan has a good track record of listening to our comments and making necessary adjustments. For now, I'm excited and willing to suspend judgment until we see what they have brought.
Derrin_Watson

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:48 am

Are they going to answer the question as to why there will be nothing for physical builds? They're a big part of the game too. Not everyone plays mages and spiricars.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Saraa » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:56 am

Ily, its the weekend. Let's give them to Monday and hopefully they will have an answer for us all. :)
Saraa

Postby Famous_Fella_O_Nutella » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:52 am

I am very happy about the update but once again I see venan has ignored my ideas. I see no mention of Pokemon summons, no hazelnut based health pots, no ability to upload my face pic to use on my toon and no ability to play candy crush while I wait for my e to regen. Venan also missed a great opportunity to have a Super Bowl raid complete with halftime show by Vilepaw, as I suggested. "We regret we cannot do as you request since in addition to being a stupid idea, we would run into many legal and copywrite issues". Yeah right, sounds like they were just too lazy! I swear, I'm giving this game just three more years, and if they don't shape up, I'm gone!
TEAM stands for Together Everyone Accomplishes More

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day"

"Never believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln
Famous_Fella_O_Nutella

Postby Bbbb » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:26 am

Hi_Im_Sara wrote:Ily, its the weekend. Let's give them to Monday and hopefully they will have an answer for us all. :)

Exactly, Chem posted at the end of the day Friday. I bet it was just a mistake in the post itself.

However, I do not expect that they have fixed the fundamental problem of a physical justi in OS. When I quit playing 2 months ago, I had maxed my physical setup. I think my spirit setup is only at level 7 but I still have a bunch of junk essence needing to be refined. But my mage is my first priority anyway.

Derrin wrote:It's unfortunate indeed that Venan has chosen not to tell us exciting news such as this until it is upon us.

If they had said something a couple months ago, I would have handled things differently. I wouldn't have completely quit and handed GM over to someone else. I would have logged in every day and kept downloading free apps to earn GS periodically (earning them money). But oh well, maybe quitting and playing a different game since Halloween was a good thing. That's just me but I don't see how not saying something was in their best interest.

Derrin, congrats! I think you are the only person that had any faith left. I wonder if my interest will come back.

Finally, I really hope they fixed whatever they did to break Android emulators. That was a contributing factor in my quitting.
Bbbb

Postby AmyLoo » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:27 am

Bbbb wrote:Derrin, congrats! I think you are the only person that had any faith left. I wonder if my interest will come back.

Ahem!
AmyLoo

Postby CheMClarc » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:10 am

Ilyana wrote:Are they going to answer the question as to why there will be nothing for physical builds? They're a big part of the game too. Not everyone plays mages and spiricars.

There are no melee specific gems for the new raids because your physical attack already benefit from Crit / Crit Power gems. Physical based characters have been a strong influence in the game because we didn't offered enough ways to tailor your abilities toward magic. War Mages can now favor one element over the other as they see fit while physically based Shadow Walker and Justicars can focus on building resistances toward other characters who dive deep into one style of play. This allows more depth in character builds for PvP and competition in the onslaught raids because some enemies do have high resistances toward certain elements. This year's Tragick Valentine event does have unstable gems that give boosts to melee at a cost of other attributes for those players who wish to push further into physical strength.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Bimbosigliere » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:36 am

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Bbbb » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:42 am

I am not trying to argue, but there is something I am not getting (I'm sure others feel the same).

CheMClarc wrote:There are no melee specific gems for the new raids because your physical attack already benefit from Crit / Crit Power gems.

Don't all the magical attack already benefit from crit/crit power gems?

War Mages can now favor one element over the other as they see fit while physically based Shadow Walker and Justicars can focus on building resistances toward other characters who dive deep into one style of play. This allows more depth in character builds for PvP and competition in the onslaught raids because some enemies do have high resistances toward certain elements.

I understand about PvP but physical Justies were already at a disadvantage for onslaught. I see this making them fall further behind.
Bbbb

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates