Server Maintenance - October 22nd, 2015

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Server Maintenance - October 22nd, 2015

Postby CheMClarc » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:11 am

Heroes!

There will be a server maintenance period at 10 am EDT/ 2pm GMT on October 22nd, 2015.

We anticipate a down time of approximately 1 hour to deploy the Halloween Event.

Halloween Event will begin at 12pm EDT / 4pm GMT following the downtime.

Details on the event can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8127

We thank you for your patience during this maintenance period.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Re: Server Maintenance - October 22nd, 2015

Postby В_ЯдD » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:25 am

Will you be utilizing this time to fix the few pvp issue where the wrong build is populating and where the weekly rewards are not being paid out correctly??? Or must we wait longer???
В_ЯдD

Postby CheMClarc » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:18 pm

B_Râd wrote:Will you be utilizing this time to fix the few pvp issue where the wrong build is populating and where the weekly rewards are not being paid out correctly??? Or must we wait longer???

Ah B_Rad I was about to reply to your support ticket! After further investigation on the issue, we found that you are not actually getting the wrong PvP medals for the week.

Here is the break down:
We send out the rewards on Monday night and the next line of code right after that decays any player who did not pvp that week. When you and any other players check your mail for your rewards and then check your current rank to see if it matches the rewards, it looks like you have been short changed. You ended up moving around in the rankings seconds later have the rewards went out because other players have lost 10% of their rank for not playing. Last week, you ended at rank 6 but jumped up to rank 2 right after you would got your mail. We will be updating the mail message to reflect this and apologize for the misunderstanding.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Mr_Op » Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:33 pm

I never mail it in but I have had this issue on multiple occasions even being in the top slot and completing my 10 matches. Do I really care? Not really, but if people do care I would want it to be known and addressed
Mr_Op

Postby В_ЯдD » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:56 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
B_Râd wrote:Will you be utilizing this time to fix the few pvp issue where the wrong build is populating and where the weekly rewards are not being paid out correctly??? Or must we wait longer???

Ah B_Rad I was about to reply to your support ticket! After further investigation on the issue, we found that you are not actually getting the wrong PvP medals for the week.

Here is the break down:
We send out the rewards on Monday night and the next line of code right after that decays any player who did not pvp that week. When you and any other players check your mail for your rewards and then check your current rank to see if it matches the rewards, it looks like you have been short changed. You ended up moving around in the rankings seconds later have the rewards went out because other players have lost 10% of their rank for not playing. Last week, you ended at rank 6 but jumped up to rank 2 right after you would got your mail. We will be updating the mail message to reflect this and apologize for the misunderstanding.

Wrong yet again... I would appreciate someone (other than you) actually looking into the issue and coming to a correct resolution. The fact that Venan and you continue to act as if I am in the wrong is extremely frustrating and did in fact lead to my last public post that many seen in public chats. As players we are advised to report issues to customer service for resolution and all we ever receive is a bogus excuse stating there is no issue it must have been your fault. This is in fact the reason why many no longer report these issues like my friend Mr. OP in the previous comment... What is it now? We both were out of top 5 and the decay brought us back up? Lmfao! I would also like to know who was listed in the top 5 that didn't get in 10 matches and fell from decay because I can assure you if they were in the top 5 they got their 10 in and based off of your exact statement I was at 6th and jumped to 2nd "AFTER" decay so that mean 4 of the top 5 didn't get in their matches! That's a joke right???
В_ЯдD

Postby beekeo » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:56 pm

The process, as explained by the programmers that wrote it (which are neither me nor Chem) is as follows:
1 end of the week arrives and the servers begin the process of calculating PvP rewards and mails them out
2 the very next line of code applies decay to anyone that did not meet the activity requirement
3 characters that did not decay move up the leaderboard if possible
... some time passes ...
4 player reads their PvP reward mail message which does not state the character's rank at the time of reward calculation
5 player then goes to the leaderboard and might see that they currently qualify for a reward that is higher than the one they received

so this is what the leaderboards looked like at the time of PvP reward calculation:
pvp_results.png
pvp_results.png (33.97 KiB) Viewed 1831 times

В_ЯдD (LordXankul) was in 6th place.
Mr_Op (Salad) was tied with you but was placed in 5th because their most recent match was newer than yours.

If you scroll to the right, you can see that neither of Ceka's characters nor Barooen had any fights at all so they each lost 10% (279-295) of their points and they all fell out of the top 5 and everyone who did not decay moved up.
If you saw yourself in 2nd instead of 3rd, there must have been another match completed by yourself or one of the other two characters between the time that the data was captured and when you looked at the leaderboard.

We will be revising the weekly reward emails to show the rank you held at the time but this will require new translations and a DLC update so I cannot provide a specific date for when this improvement will be available.
beekeo

Postby Mr_Op » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:37 pm

Beekeo???? Ceka and Bar haven't pvp in months so that is still wrong
Mr_Op

Postby В_ЯдD » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:49 pm

Mr_Op wrote:Beekeo???? Ceka and Bar haven't pvp in months so that is still wrong

Wow! Thank you for proving my point better than I ever could Beekeo! Would anyone else like to give it a try???
В_ЯдD

Postby Mr_Op » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:01 pm

Yeah this excuse is BS I have been top 5 pretty much every week since season 3 completing more than 80 matches a week so trying to tell me that decay got me just doesn't work...
Mr_Op

Postby __Q__ » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:11 pm

ok here we go, i found cekas toon seyka on over all hs board (number 122) he hasnt been on in over a month, and more importantly his pvp rating is zero which means he would never have made masters in season 3 and most likly never fought a battle, cause no way he would decay everything in a week. which means there is a glitch in your system. he shouldnt be anywhere on your sheet. im not trying to get down on u devs, just trying to help u with your glitch
__Q__

Next

Return to Game Updates