Update 2.4.2 - Server Maintenance - Update

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 2.4.2 - Server Maintenance

Postby CheMClarc » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:26 pm

PrivGeneralB wrote:Chem the guild darkest night has lost members as they did not create a Venan I'd, can you restore them

They need to email cs with their username so that we can look them up in our system. Please have them register an account before contacting customer support.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Shekka » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:01 pm

DreamingDæmon wrote:
Bbbb wrote:
DreamingDæmon wrote:R2 have an awful reputation across the board for low-quality products, money-grabbing, player disconnect and lousy communications. I've played some of their games and my (subjective) experience supports that reputation.

It is funny that their wikipedia page is one big slam on them and free-to-play games in general. BBB gives them an F (Kabam had a B).

I'm sure Venan are aware of the toxicity of the R2 brand and their high-spend, high-turnover player strategy, and have plans to work around that to prevent issues with BoH.

I'd put put money on the fact that they don't. With this new update in the Apple Store, they even changed the developer from Venan to R2 games.. And we now get a very long r2 splash screen on load up. So, for some reason I am now afraid for BoH future....

Venan, did you sell out?
Shekka

Postby Bimbosigliere » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:27 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby DreamingDæmon » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:12 am

Shekka wrote:
DreamingDæmon wrote:I'm sure Venan are aware of the toxicity of the R2 brand and their high-spend, high-turnover player strategy, and have plans to work around that to prevent issues with BoH.

I'd put put money on the fact that they don't. With this new update in the Apple Store, they even changed the developer from Venan to R2 games.. And we now get a very long r2 splash screen on load up. So, for some reason I am now afraid for BoH future....

Venan, did you sell out?

Sorry Shekka, I forgot my <sarcasm> tags...

An R2 splash screen? Lolz. I've not seen that cos I figured I'd wait until I want to play again before updating, to skip the rapid succession of multiple broken Google Play updates and just get the working one in a week or so. If I remember.

Wolfy_The_Great wrote:And I can happily say that this is probably the best day for most BoH members, as some have left and now members will be returning soon!

10/10 for optimism, 0/10 for realism.
DreamingDæmon

Re: Update 2.4.2 - Server Maintenance - Update

Postby Type_O_Negative » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:23 am

New update has severely caused my great anger i tried to update via Google play and all it says is error 492 or error 9-- and its pissing me off i have put time and effort into this. It totally sucks not to be able. To play PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!#
Type_O_Negative

Postby B_Râd » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:09 am

LMFAO!!! Way to fail an update Venan! Smh
B_Râd

Postby Whoudini » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:36 am

CheMClarc wrote:UPDATE:

We have addressed the issues that have appeared in the game with the new client update. We are submitting a new client update for Google Play and Amazon to fix the in app purchases (IAP) issues that are making the game crash and locking players out of the game. These new client updates will be available within 24-48 hours of this post. They will include fixes to the Guild Message of the Day, Raid Messages and Searching for Guilds. Unfortunately, iOS will have to wait for those fixes until we submit another client update.

Heroes!

There will be a server maintenance period on Wednesday 6/24 at 11am EDT / 3pm GMT. We anticipate a downtime of approximately 4 hours to deploy game update 2.4.2! This update will bring you the Were-chef event and bug fixes! We thank you for your patience during this maintenance period.

Download the new update here!

iTunes Store: http://bit.ly/boh-ios

Google Play: http://bit.ly/boh-gpl

Amazon: http://bit.ly/boh-amz

Patch Notes:

Known Issues:
    • This week's Weekly Quests have been cancelled.
    • Android devices crash the game after IAP transactions.
    • Guild message and Raid messages are not displaying in their associated UI.
    • Not able to search for guilds by name in the power/prestige rankings screen.
    Were-chef event
    • Event dates will be announced soon!
    • New exclusive items added to the event! Additional Lycanthrope gear! New Tier 19 item!
    • Updated Were-chef's attributes and stats to scale with the level 35 cap.
    • Update Were-chef's loot table to include Guardian Valor and level 6 Gem Shards.
    • Reduced the prices of some 2014 Were-chef Event items.
    General:
    • New Splash Screen for R2Games USA.
    • Removed PvP Gear Set Stat from the off hands of each tier.
    • Adjusted the reward values of Silver earned from Daily Quests.
    • Implemented new Third Party SDKs.
    Bug Fixes:
    • Addressed an issue where Weekly Quest expire notifications appeared multiple times when changing between characters.
    • Addressed an issue where the PvP leaderboards would flicker between menus on some devices.
    • Added and rearranged dungeons on the Dungeon Destroyer Quests to include Karnak and Eddas' Keep.
    • Added quest highlight markers to a series of Weekly Quests to help find the targeted areas for each objective.
why does the game need my call information?
Whoudini

Postby CheMClarc » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:38 am

Shekka wrote:And we now get a very long r2 splash screen on load up. So, for some reason I am now afraid for BoH future....

The new R2 splash screen is just as long as the Venan logo was in previous builds of the game. It may seem longer because it is new to you and that our Venan logo doesn't appear for as long after it. There are some technical issues with altering the time length of the first splash screen but we still wanted to get our Venan logo in there so we took some of the time of the Main Menu animation to add it. Overall, veteran players of this game should be excited about our partnership with R2Games as it will bring in new users to the game to meet, help build your guilds and fill your raids. The more users we get, the more content we bring and the cycle continues along. If you really enjoy Book of Heroes, embrace the new publisher and get your friends to play!
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
CheMClarc

Postby B_Râd » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:59 am

CheMClarc wrote:
Shekka wrote:And we now get a very long r2 splash screen on load up. So, for some reason I am now afraid for BoH future....

The new R2 splash screen is just as long as the Venan logo was in previous builds of the game. It may seem longer because it is new to you and that our Venan logo doesn't appear for as long after it. There are some technical issues with altering the time length of the first splash screen but we still wanted to get our Venan logo in there so we took some of the time of the Main Menu animation to add it. Overall, veteran players of this game should be excited about our partnership with R2Games as it will bring in new users to the game to meet, help build your guilds and fill your raids. The more users we get, the more content we bring and the cycle continues along. If you really enjoy Book of Heroes, embrace the new publisher and get your friends to play!

What's with R2Games scamming people???
B_Râd

Postby CheMClarc » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 pm

R2Games is handling our user acquisition to bring Book of Heroes to regions that have not idea that this awesome game exists! Just like our relationship with Kabam, we are still in control of the features and running the game.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
CheMClarc

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates