Update 2.3.0 - Server Maintenance - December 2nd, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 2.3.0 - Server Maintenance - December 2nd, 2014

Postby _Raiden » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:07 pm

I seriously think we need to nerf justi more. So suggestion below.
1) increase the brut attack timer
2) remove brut KB ability
3) reduce damage done from bleed
4) remove SS skills

I mean really im back to masters 5hrs into the new update !!

NERF THE JUSTIS !!!
_Raiden

Postby DiMoSauR » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:44 pm

_Raiden wrote:I seriously think we need to nerf justi more. So suggestion below.
1) increase the brut attack timer
2) remove brut KB ability
3) reduce damage done from bleed
4) remove SS skills

I mean really im back to masters 5hrs into the new update !!

NERF THE JUSTIS !!!

Best solution,remove them from the game,and give us a WM or a Sw!
DiMoSauR

Postby Agathangelos » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:51 am

So I know I ask this after every update, but i figure it never hurts to ask, especially since I'm more into pve and raiding than pvp anyway: any chance you can spill a few details on what the next significant content update will have in it?
Agathangelos

Postby Finnius » Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:09 am

Agathangelos wrote:So I know I ask this after every update, but i figure it never hurts to ask, especially since I'm more into pve and raiding than pvp anyway: any chance you can spill a few details on what the next significant content update will have in it?

Mages will be able to cast without any cooldowns and zero casting time for all spells. Mages will also get a permanent 700% buff to damage dealt if equipped with a 2h staff.
Justis will now have to wear pink frilly tutus or suffer dodge penalty of 50%.
SW will now have to wear hoods over their heads and have 100% blindness...causing all hits to become self-inflicting.

Looks like the fairy dust us mages spread around venan headquarters has finally produced favorable results. Sorry to the 'lower classes'...magic trumps everytime.
Finnius

Postby Win_or_Lose » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:17 am

I am a justi, but I have to say the change to jugg is not a big deal to get worked up about. Actually I am more worried about the Magma boost since that is a very effective WM attack against justis.

I doubt it will make a lot of diff in pvp. Maybe Venan looked at the pvp results and thought WM need small boost v justis and made these slight tweaks.

Compared to previous changes this really is very minor. In any case I hope Venan keep mixing things up from time to time to keep it interesting, even if there is a barrage of criticism every time!
Win_or_Lose

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:55 am

I think some explanation needs to be made regarding how matching is working (or not working) post-update. If the system is supposed to be matching you with similarly-ranked opponents from last season (that's what the hidden rating is for), then why are we seeing such messed up matching? It certainly isn't 50/50...if that was the point of the hidden MMR then it doesn't seem to be working. It might as well have worked like season 1 with everyone starting from a blank slate.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:58 am

Win_or_Lose wrote:I am a justi, but I have to say the change to jugg is not a big deal to get worked up about. Actually I am more worried about the Magma boost since that is a very effective WM attack against justis.

I doubt it will make a lot of diff in pvp. Maybe Venan looked at the pvp results and thought WM need small boost v justis and made these slight tweaks.

Compared to previous changes this really is very minor. In any case I hope Venan keep mixing things up from time to time to keep it interesting, even if there is a barrage of criticism every time!

It's because the community often can't see the logic behind such changes. Sometimes very experienced players can't explain why a change might have been made. I think it would be more effective to explain these a little, rather than posting notes that say 'x is changing'.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Jumper » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:29 pm

Ilyana_the_Red wrote:
Win_or_Lose wrote:I am a justi, but I have to say the change to jugg is not a big deal to get worked up about. Actually I am more worried about the Magma boost since that is a very effective WM attack against justis.

It's because the community often can't see the logic behind such changes. Sometimes very experienced players can't explain why a change might have been made. I think it would be more effective to explain these a little, rather than posting notes that say 'x is changing'.

Im sorry Ilyanna, it doesn't take a rocket scientist (or nuclear physicist ...lol) to figure out that the jug nerf was necessary. JC were dominating WM (BTW the rock paper scissors theory is ridiculous and I really don't think that's venan's goal). What the jug nerf does is enables WM a little wiggle room against jc. There was no way a high masters should have problems with plat3 or gold 1 jc.

From what I can tell, jug wasn't a huge problem for sw so basically it keeps that balance relatively close, while not changing the WM vs SW matchups.

Not sure what you expect venan to say, it was clear that JC had a HUGE advantage over wm. (And WM did not have the same HUGE advantage against SW, nor did SW have against JC, Hence rock parper scissors theory dead)
Jumper

Postby CheMClarc » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:38 pm

Juggernaut's cooldown was pushed back a rank because we did not like the interaction between being able to use the ability then directly use it again once the buff wore off by using heroic will. This was a concern when launching 2.1 but we wanted to see how players used those abilities together. Our pvp analytics showed that Justicars had an increased winning rate over War Mages once that combination was possible. The minor nerf only allows a small opening for both classes to get status effect abilities in if Justicars do not build status resistance to deny that chance.

Condemn was not supposed to be slower but faster, this will be fixed. We wanted to increase the speed of Condemn so that Justicars will be able to quickly apply Wrath to increase their damage output with their magic abilities.

Our pvp analytics showed that the majority of War Mages were not using the ability, Magma Jet, which has a powerful debuff that can be used to turn the tide of battle against the other classes that have higher armor values. This minor damage increase will hopefully help Mages weaken Justicars so that their direct damage increases when Juggernaut is up.

We didn't change anything with Shadow Walkers because they currently have a higher win ratio against Justicars than we would like to see. The results of our analytics are a bit skewed with the 9/10 gear set bonus that occurred when players used the T17 Pirate event main hand sword and the fact that T18 PvE gear came out as well. A bug fix with Arcane Shield will also help War Mages against Shadow Walkers since it wasn't fair that defend was mitigated when Arcane Shield triggered during the defend.

We believe that the new T18 Coliseum gear will help level out the playing field between classes at the higher end of the leagues while the mid level characters and might are very close to being quite even. Making drastic changes to any of the classes would just result in more changes down the road. We also needed to take into consideration that not every player uses the correct or has access to the same abilities, enchantments and gems that we would like to see used while they are improving their characters. We understand that some players are committed to one style of play but there are a few styles of play that are not being used that would benefit players when fighting against particular class set ups.

We will be following the results of the changes and listen to player feedback as Season 2 really gets going.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Ceka » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:55 pm

What about 1 hand? That build sucks thats why few player do this build like me.

Wm and jc 1h of course...
Ceka

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates