Update 2.2.0 - Server Maintenance - October 15th, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 2.2.0 - Server Maintenance - October 15th, 2014

Postby Thangorodrim » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:11 am

Enduring fire quest. Prior to this the scarcity of giant worms was staggering getting 6 in nearly 200e. Yet they are everywhere in the gnarly stick quest.

Now to the point, I have everything I need to craft enduring fire according to the quest yet my vile lichen have reduced to one when I go to craft.

This is either a bug in the quest line of my vile lichen have been eaten by the giant worms.

Can you advise, help, fix

Next bug is when material bags drop, the item scrolls up the screen, in some cases, this does not happen so you are unsure of what it was. Eg ravens blood

Thanks
Thangorodrim

Postby WaywardSailor » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:45 am

I have the same issue. The quest notes say that I have 12 vile lichen, but when I go to craft the recipe, it says I have none.
WaywardSailor

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:48 am

The changes to the status effects slow combat down. In a previous update it was specifically sped up because of all the proc text. But the main thing for me is placing the likes of 'Dodge!' In the status bar...it's distracting and frankly irritating to put it there when everything else is happening in the combat area. When something flashes up, you have to quickly look to see if you were actually hit or have dodged the effect. It's no longer intuitive which is actually happening. The changes to the health bars look great, but they also slow things down.

I've also encountered the vile lichen bug, you have to go and farm extra even if you already had enough.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bimbosigliere » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:48 am

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Bbbb » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:51 am

First, I'll say something nice. The new sell menu is way better than the old one.

Ilyana_the_Red wrote:The changes to the status effects slow combat down. In a previous update it was specifically sped up because of all the proc text. But the main thing for me is placing the likes of 'Dodge!' In the status bar...it's distracting and frankly irritating to put it there when everything else is happening in the combat area. When something flashes up, you have to quickly look to see if you were actually hit or have dodged the effect. It's no longer intuitive which is actually happening. The changes to the health bars look great, but they also slow things down.

Hell has frozen over and I agree with the above. Mages were already suffering from too much animations as it was. Now it is even worse. The players have repeatedly for 2 years complained about animation speed. If you want us to use more GS, you need to make the game faster.

Also, I have a feeling this is adding to the battery drain problem.
Bbbb

Postby DejaVú » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:52 am

Dear Venan, if your game gets any larger, I will have to delete BoH. Without hi-res graphics, you are now the largest app, and the biggest memory hog after my music. Please do not get bigger, or you will go the same way I sent Kingdom Conquest 2: the recycle bin.

Kindest Regards.
DejaVú

Postby Deanna » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:28 am

Did the HD option get renamed as the "screen shake on / off " ? The HD option was removed btw :/
Deanna

Postby Agathangelos » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:42 pm

Dave wrote:
Agathangelos wrote:Hey Venan. Thanks for the new update. Really like it so far. At the risk of appearing greedy though, I gotta ask what's next. I guess I got a bit spoiled over the last 10 months by always knowing what the next update would have. Can you shed any light on what a post Ch 5 update might have, or what the team's priorities are after a much deserved break?

Lol... We don't get breaks. :(

We will have updates about what is coming next shortly. In the short term we will be fixing some remaining bugs in 2.2. After that there will be some pvp oriented changes. Can't say any more for now ;)

So feel free to refer me to the aforementioned statement, but any chance of another champion valor raid (say around 18k might), or another guardian valor raid (maybe at 25k might) to help give us mid level players something to do while we try to get the 36k might for the final raid? Maybe add in one more level to the level cap too?
Agathangelos

Postby SpiritMuse » Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:42 am

DejaVú wrote:Dear Venan, if your game gets any larger, I will have to delete BoH. Without hi-res graphics, you are now the largest app, and the biggest memory hog after my music. Please do not get bigger, or you will go the same way I sent Kingdom Conquest 2: the recycle bin.

Kindest Regards.

Book of Heroes is big? It's 232MB on my iPad, and about half way down the list when I order them by size, the biggest game being 1,6GB. I'd call it medium sized, and this is with HD graphics on.

One niggle I do have with this latest update is that it seems to be taking a lot longer to load, the Venan logo is displayed for much longer than it used to. The first time I wondered if it had frozen.
SpiritMuse

Postby Bbbb » Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:00 am

My problem is that it is a memory hog. On my iPad 2, if I switch out of BoH to something else like Safari or even the App Store, BoH is almost always restarted.
Bbbb

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates