Server Maintenance - September 16, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - September 16, 2014

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:23 pm

DreamingDaemon wrote:A welcome step in the right direction, but too little, too late.

At that point, the event will be nearly half over, meaning that the difficulty was too high for that period, with associated higher costs - both in game (runes, healthpots etc) and outside (time spent, $ cost of refills). During that period, the rewards were also too low.

The raider cap is not mentioned so we assume it remains 40. This means that a handful of deadbeat participants can damage a raid, or incur additional expense for the active raiders.

At the very least, the following is required in addition to what is stated above to rescue some goodwill:
* Extend the event duration by 4-5 days so players have access to the revised event for the full 10 days.
* Increase the raider cap to 60-100 so a few non active raiders don't ruin the raid.
* Credit all players who have taken part so far with additional event coins to bring what they have already received into line with the revised payouts.

Personally, I haven't taken part, I have nothing to gain or lose from what happens next. I do not plan to take part - as much as a t17 weapon appeals, the events so far have soured this enough that I won't go near it.

The big question is...
I could see coming exactly what has happened* - so why, if a player could anticipate this, didn't Venan even consider the possibility and have a contingency ready in case it did?

* just ask HJ - we were discussing this right before launch, and my "negative" view went down badly!

Pretty much agree completely. I love Venan but this event has damaged goodwill. I'm also usually very cautious and full of questions prior to events and get called out for being 'negative'. Asking questions and giving feedback is not negative, it's essential. Pretty clear now that 'just wait and see' isn't enough, we need to ask plenty of questions about how an event works in advance so something like this can be avoided in the future.
Illy_the_Red

Re: Server Maintenance - September 16, 2014

Postby В_ЯдD » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:44 pm

Venan clearly doesn't see the event as a failure! It did exactly what they intended. People burned their shields and spent their money and Venan sat back with a big smile on their faces. Good job Venan for making many of us feel robbed!

A++++ work!
В_ЯдD

Previous

Return to Game Updates