Update 2.1.0 - Server Maintenance - July 1st, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 2.1.0 - Server Maintenance - July 1st, 2014

Postby Bbbb » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:55 pm

Justicars got NERFED!!!!!!!! :evil: Seriously, anything to help onslaught performance please. It will still be completely unbalanced.

The mage nerf is a little overboard. At least, poison cloud may be helpful in onslaught finally.
Bbbb

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:10 pm

Bbbbleat wrote:Justicars got NERFED!!!!!!!! :evil: Seriously, anything to help onslaught performance please. It will still be completely unbalanced.

The mage nerf is a little overboard. At least, poison cloud may be helpful in onslaught finally.

B4, from the changes I'm thinking most of these are targeted for PvP. Yeah.. Not certain Justi got any kind of boost here for onslaught, though mages onslaught capability got tonned down... I doubt either will come anything close to SW on p2&3 of LoB.

A wild card here is if there is an enchant combo that could radically boost Justi... Of course if the same is for a SW... Then no opportunity to match.

So does that mean Justi's are meant for P4 own age only? :/
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby Bbbb » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:20 pm

Possessed_Mithrid wrote:B4, from the changes I'm thinking most of these are targeted for PvP. Yeah.. Not certain Justi got any kind of boost here for onslaught, though mages onslaught capability got tonned down... I doubt either will come anything close to SW on p2&3 of LoB.

I bet you that after a little enchanting I can still get the mage to outperform the SW in LoB.

A wild card here is if there is an enchant combo that could radically boost Justi...

The only thing is if more damage helped, but I've tried the power elixir. The effect is barely noticable on the Justi.

They don't even do that well. They are mob and P3 HM ownage.
Bbbb

Postby EricM » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:43 pm

Possessed_Mithrid wrote:B4, from the changes I'm thinking most of these are targeted for PvP. Yeah.. Not certain Justi got any kind of boost here for onslaught, though mages onslaught capability got tonned down... I doubt either will come anything close to SW on p2&3 of LoB.

A wild card here is if there is an enchant combo that could radically boost Justi... Of course if the same is for a SW... Then no opportunity to match.

What do you mean mith? You telling me that you don't use heavenly wave in onslaught?? :lol: But agreed... for onslaught, justi's are still hurting. But dang! Pvp... justis' are gonna be rocking it out. Should be fun to face them as a swer now. Especially the 1h justis. I'm honestly afraid.

I think mages will still be pretty even with swers on lob in terms of rpp/round. Where they're now screwed is speed I think. I think the numbers you guys hear with swers for lob are greatly inflated. I only realistically average about 1-2 more kills/round with my sw on dw than fero's justi.
EricM

Postby Bbbb » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:31 pm

EricM wrote: I think the numbers you guys hear with swers for lob are greatly inflated. I only realistically average about 1-2 more kills/round with my sw on dw than fero's justi.

I have long suspected your first sentence because I never seem to repro what people claim for melee SW though I can repro Jump's Mage numbers. However, Fero and I get 5-6 more kills/round with my poison build than his Justi build. I'm hoping that the PC boost will add 1-2 more and the neurotoxin stab change will make survival slightly easier.

One thing that is missing in the analysis here is that the defense/status resist combo makes DW easier. Mage and Justi have zero use for defense in onslaught (provided high enough might) and relatively little for status resist.
Bbbb

Postby В_ЯдD » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:00 pm

I honestly hate to see main focus being on pvp. I understand it needed improvements but dang! Devs please don't forget BoH started on pve and has grown to such a massive game long before pvp. Please don't ruin it by forgetting that.

How about a new raid? Something! Anything to keep pve going! I do agree with the abilities for pve and pvp being separate! You're killing it for the mages!!! Give us a dang break!!!
В_ЯдD

Postby japster » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:06 am

Looking forward to the changes. May I enquire what happened to the enchant changes? I distinctively remember discussions on PvP Channel that Kali had said Resilience stat was getting looked into.
japster

Postby Darkhorse » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:08 am

B_Râd wrote:I honestly hate to see main focus being on pvp. I understand it needed improvements but dang! Devs please don't forget BoH started on pve and has grown to such a massive game long before pvp. Please don't ruin it by forgetting that.

How about a new raid? Something! Anything to keep pve going! I do agree with the abilities for pve and pvp being separate! You're killing it for the mages!!! Give us a dang break!!!

Do not fear, many big things in the works for PVE!
Darkhorse

Postby japster » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:32 am

"A heavy spirit attack that deals 100/120/140% weapon damage to all enemies and reduces duration of all negative effects by 0.5/0.75/1.0 seconds (cast time 100/90/80%)."

Guessing this has the effect of causing Sticky Grenade to go off even faster, instead of countering it in any way? :lol:
japster

Postby Ceka » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:26 am

Nerf of wm seems really huge this time... But nice job Venan this update seems really nice!!
Ceka

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates