Server Maintenance - April 16, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - April 16, 2014

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:19 am

DimoD wrote:
Cletus wrote:Wow!! Hard to believe one change to one skill has made this much fuss.. Yea it sucks for Mages (like myself) but it's not gonna dramatically change the game..

However, the rest of the patch will change part the game in a very good way.. As you're taking the time to bash Venan for the small nerf to the OP mage, maybe take a second to realize that they did give us the changes we asked for in Hunted in the Mists...

That is so true Cletus, that they did and fair play to them for listening to the paying customer, now let's hope they listen to the rest of us to!!! Of course I'm talkin about the justicar that is so low on onslought :-(

Well said guys, maybe we can keep attention focused on the actual issues rather than 'nerfs'.
Illy_the_Red

Postby WanderingGrip » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:37 am

Little_Mike wrote:All characters on accounts that have played within the last week will receive a free respec token.

Waiting for it...
WanderingGrip

Postby beekeo » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:44 am

Respec tokens will be sent soon.
beekeo

Postby xDìçéx » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Bummer about ice lance. Very disappointing. How kind of you to include the fire enchant in the black market today tho..
xDìçéx

Postby scurvynaive » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:52 pm

My main is a WM and honestly if no one told me about ice lance nerf I wouldn't even know. You know why? Because Ice Lance KILLS!
wtf do I care about knockback if my attack one shots a boss at full health? WM still OP and this changes nothing.

fwiw pvp is a pointless waste of time until they upgrade the shop so couldn't care less what this does to pvp.
scurvynaive

Postby DiMoSauR » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:47 pm

CheMClarc wrote:Heroes!

There will be a server maintenance period at 11 am EDT/ 3pm GMT on 4/16/2014.

We anticipate a down time of approximately one hour to deploy an update.

Patch Notes

General
  • Sha'lyn's Lair will now drop enchanting materials.
  • Decreased some Chapter 3 enemies’ attack casting times to further balance their damage output.
  • Fixed an issue on select Chapter 3 enemies where their debuffs were incorrectly modifying ratings instead of percentages.
Raid
  • Modified the drop rates for enchanting materials while encountering Vilepaw.
  • Reduced Vilepaw’s defenses and resistances to further balance the difficulty of the raid.
  • Rebalanced raid timers for Hunted in the Mists, altering how long players have to complete the raid on Gold, Silver and Bronze ranks.
  • Fixed an issue where you could not enter Karnak's Final Stand and Hunted in the Mists at the same time.
Classes
  • All characters on accounts that have played within the last week will receive a free respec token.
    Shadow Walker
    • The cast time for Shadow Veil has decreased from 0.5/0.3/0.1s to 0.1/0.1/0.1s.
    • The cooldown time for Shadow Veil has decreased from 5s to 2.5s.
    War Mage
    • The knockback time for Ice Lance has decreased from 0.4/0.4/0.4s to 0.15/0.2/0.25s.

The cast time for Shadow Veil is still the same @0.6 for all 3 levels,was it a mistake or it the updates did not apply correctly?
DiMoSauR

Postby CodeMonkey » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:54 pm

DimoD wrote:

Patch Notes

General
  • Decreased some Chapter 3 enemies’ attack casting times to further balance their damage output.
  • Fixed an issue on select Chapter 3 enemies where their debuffs were incorrectly modifying ratings instead of percentages.
Raid
  • Reduced Vilepaw’s defenses and resistances to further balance the difficulty of the raid.
  • Rebalanced raid timers for Hunted in the Mists, altering how long players have to complete the raid on Gold, Silver and Bronze ranks.
  • Fixed an issue where you could not enter Karnak's Final Stand and Hunted in the Mists at the same time.
Classes
  • All characters on accounts that have played within the last week will receive a free respec token.
    Shadow Walker
    • The cast time for Shadow Veil has decreased from 0.5/0.3/0.1s to 0.1/0.1/0.1s.
    War Mage
    • The knockback time for Ice Lance has decreased from 0.4/0.4/0.4s to 0.15/0.2/0.25s.

The cast time for Shadow Veil is still the same @0.6 for all 3 levels,was it a mistake or it the updates did not apply correctly?

My shadow veil is taking .06 now (not .6), which is the correct value for a .10 speed attack with ~40% haste. Are you sure you're seeing .6 and not .06?
CodeMonkey

Postby DiMoSauR » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:04 pm

Dave wrote:
DimoD wrote:

Patch Notes

General
Raid
Classes
    Shadow Walker
    War Mage

My shadow veil is taking .06 now (not .6), which is the correct value for a .10 speed attack with ~40% haste. Are you sure you're seeing .6 and not .06?

Thank you very much David for explaining it to me! I understand it now!
DiMoSauR

Postby _ACID_ » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:34 pm

I've said it once, a dozen, maybe twenty times...

So... Erm...

When can we get Brutality and Overkill back on Justis? The crappy speed bonus of elder fury plus a boring block sucks eggs. Everyone says Justis are OP... No, all classes are about equal as far as I can tell in PVP...

SW get loads of dodge and ripostes... WM gets chances to chain freeze, sometimes up to 5 in a single match... JC gets big knockbacks... My opinion means they are all even in that respect. So now leave PVP based moves alone yeah?

Onslaught modes... A wm hits more criticals than a jc, as does a sw, so forget 0.1 sec faster time for your elder fury, and replace it with something that matters... Brutality. It was the saving grace of them back in the day, and NOBODY who plays a jc seriously would argue. also, overkill would again significantly help in onslaught.

A reply off of ability based devs DAVE & KALINDROV would be greatly welcomed. Also, Dave, if you read this and reply on here or via mail/whisper in game, I'll never slander your name again, promise.

Many thanks.

Acid
_ACID_

Postby _ACID_ » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:34 pm

Also, where is Bims lurking at?
_ACID_

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates