Update 2.0.2 - February 5, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 2.0.2 - February 5, 2014

Postby Drash » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:32 pm

Drax_ wrote:Let me preface these comments by saying I understand that it's hard to balance classes across all level ranges and for PvP. That said, even as a WM I feel this patch is unfair to Justicars.

Since 2.0 justis have been significantly behind WMs and SWs in PvE, consistently trailing in LoB despite having equal or better might. SWs who can handle Deathwish actually lead the way in our raids with WMs not too far behind.

So when I heard a patch was coming with a nerf for WMs I was fine with it. I figured justis would get a buff, Deathwish would get fixed and we'd all be about level again. Instead SWs get a big buff, WMs got nerfed a little as expected (which I'm fine with) and justis got..... better stagger???

Look, I understand that in PvP justis can hold their own and SWs might not be as strong but the imbalance in PvE is too big to be ignored. Frankly I feel bad for the justis in our guild and hope they don't quit as some already have.

I'm not sure if Venan is over-valuing PvP performance data in balancing classes or what the cause may be but please consider boosting justis for PvE sake, even if it means nerfing them in some way that mostly affected PvP (think juggernaut).

Thanks for reading.
Drax

Can not believe anyone would seriously believe that this update is a big buff for SWs. Play a SW in p2 or p3 of LoB, then you can intelligently comment on how SWs have fared in recent updates. Until then, kindly focus on what you know first hand, which is that WMs are grossly OP.
Drash

Postby DreamingDæmon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:35 pm

2 issues:

Runes Duration reduced to 3s. Means can sink 10 in a single Onslaught phase rather than 5-6 previously. That's unsustainable, and wasn't in patch notes.

Language Chat Channels
We don't want all these channels all the time. Pushing multi-lingual channels to the top is eating screen real estate, and is unwieldy even without mercing. Merc a couple raids and it's gonna be nuts. Most of the alternative languages aren't going to be used by the majority of players, so having an option to either only have "home" language or to include other language channels would be great.
DreamingDæmon

Postby Semimadscientist » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:49 pm

Still no sign of 2.0.2 on Amazon for my Kindle :(
Semimadscientist

Postby Drax_ » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:57 pm

Drash wrote:Can not believe anyone would seriously believe that this update is a big buff for SWs. Play a SW in p2 or p3 of LoB, then you can intelligently comment on how SWs have fared in recent updates. Until then, kindly focus on what you know first hand, which is that WMs are grossly OP.

I guess you missed where I wrote this: "SWs who can handle Deathwish actually lead the way in our raids with WMs not too far behind."

I'm in Fizzbears and we run LoB 4-5 times daily. Our SWs usually are in 1st place as they've gotten quite proficient with death wish. Talk to Slak, Psyfer, Kazehana or some of our other SWs some time and maybe they can give you tips. They do just fine lol
Drax_

Postby DreamingDæmon » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:18 pm

Drax_ wrote:
Drash wrote:Can not believe anyone would seriously believe that this update is a big buff for SWs. Play a SW in p2 or p3 of LoB, then you can intelligently comment on how SWs have fared in recent updates. Until then, kindly focus on what you know first hand, which is that WMs are grossly OP.

I guess you missed where I wrote this: "SWs who can handle Deathwish actually lead the way in our raids with WMs not too far behind."

I'm in Fizzbears and we run LoB 4-5 times daily. Our SWs usually are in 1st place as they've gotten quite proficient with death wish. Talk to Slak, Psyfer, Kazehana or some of our other SWs some time and maybe they can give you tips. They do just fine lol

SWs were nailing 40+ kills in p2&3 within 48hrs of 2.0. I could add more names to the above as examples from other guilds.

I have noticed a definite change for SWs in PvE with this update. My SW was able to get through 24-30e before dying (without any healing) in Dense Forest 6hrs ago. Now I can get through a full bar without healing. True, it's not LoB Onslaught (not strong enough yet), but it's a definite shift.
DreamingDæmon

Postby Warwizard » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:37 pm

when is the update expected for Amazon devices?
Warwizard

Postby Bobotwo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:35 pm

yesterday I had 5 rooms in t10 gear and now I have not been able to log them on. I probably did not upgrade correctly. is it possible to get my rooms back? please
Bobotwo

Postby 91Romeo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:47 pm

Yeah the runes are sucking ATM...didn't see it mentioned about changing the way they work in the patch notes
91Romeo

Postby DjCleric » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:14 pm

91Romeo wrote:Yeah the runes are sucking ATM...didn't see it mentioned about changing the way they work in the patch notes

Venan, why are you guys so sneaky!!!
DjCleric

Postby Gnu_Avengers » Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:29 pm

I cannot access game as I need to upgrade the version I am using and the version available in the Amazon App store on my Kindle is still the old one. I keep looking for the update every couple of hours but in a day or two I won't bother and will regrettably give up on BoH. Wish I could let my guild know why I stopped playing though.
Gnu_Avengers

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates