Server Maintenance - December 27, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - December 27, 2013

Postby ßîgßÆR » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:46 pm

Darkhorse I love the game (on for almost a year). Beekeo the new artwork is freaking awesome. But seriously, a response on why the WM and JC got nerfed and not the SW getting pumped up would be nice.

Bear Down
ßîgßÆR

Postby Myrrdin » Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Saruman wrote:Stop Nerfing War Mages! They were finally on par with the other classes! :(

Isn't it funny how Wm was so weak for so long and then when we get some degree of parity, the other classes start screaming that they can actually lose at pvp. Wm can actually win at pvp for 2 weeks and then we get renerfed. We're back to the weakest class. Venan, take a look at the top 100 pvp players and see how well Wm are doing, then UNNERF US!!
Myrrdin

Postby Ceka » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:02 pm

When i read this wm who say wm renerf i laugh. This nerf is so little that its like a joke and i see some wm complain. Just improve ur play srsly. Wm is still the top class in pvp and pve. If u dont think the same as me that means you dont know how to play correctly.

So stop complain and improve urself.

Venan do their best. Just enjoy it now.
Ceka

Postby ARCs_Baddman » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:06 pm

Lol all these complains make me laugh I'm a justi player yeah we got a few changes as did the WM.

I had made a post long before 2.0 about having 2 skill trees one for strictly PVE and the other for PVP , this will help the balance of any changes made for PVP from interfering with PVE players.

Now when I mean 2 skill trees I don't mean the same skills to be copied over , I'm talking about new PVP skills over all :)

Yeah yeah I know it may take forever to code and fix , it's just a idea I'm putting out there ;)
ARCs_Baddman

Postby ARCs_Baddman » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:09 pm

Cerridwen wrote:Seriously :/ the justi and wm abilities are parallel--where is the health boost and knockback resist ability for sw? We should be too fast and dodgey to get knocked back. And where is our insight/weapon focus parallel ability that gives us a 15% boost to magic and melee damage? Melee sw need some love. And why doesn't shadow veil give you an automatic undodgeable crit? It's wasted half the time. And why is death wish still going to be broken?

It's a little ridiculous that the average 25k might and below sw has to be elixired to break even on the e spent per round for onslaught on the new raid.

Instead of nerfing the wm for PvP that I don't even care about, how about finally boosting the sw and balancing them so they can raid?

Please and thank you.

-____________________-

They got nature boost :) Melee SW do feel weak by I also have a nature SW and it's great so far
ARCs_Baddman

Postby Darkhorse » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:35 pm

For those asking, the balance changes were based off of the PVE and PVP numbers we have in house. We will continue to evaluate both PVE and PVP content and make balances for the classes going forward to bring them as close as possible to each other.

That being said, prior to the changes today, War Mages were ahead of the curve by an amount that was significant enough to warrant some tweaks. As I mentioned above, we will continue to evaluate.
Darkhorse

Postby DanceMonkey » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:38 pm

ARCs_Baddman wrote:
Cerridwen wrote:Seriously :/ the justi and wm abilities are parallel--where is the health boost and knockback resist ability for sw? We should be too fast and dodgey to get knocked back. And where is our insight/weapon focus parallel ability that gives us a 15% boost to magic and melee damage? Melee sw need some love. And why doesn't shadow veil give you an automatic undodgeable crit? It's wasted half the time. And why is death wish still going to be broken?

It's a little ridiculous that the average 25k might and below sw has to be elixired to break even on the e spent per round for onslaught on the new raid.

Instead of nerfing the wm for PvP that I don't even care about, how about finally boosting the sw and balancing them so they can raid?

Please and thank you.

-____________________-

They got nature boost :) Melee SW do feel weak by I also have a nature SW and it's great so far

Melee SW is weak??? -.-
DanceMonkey

Postby DreamingDæmon » Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:57 pm

DanceMonkey wrote:Melee SW is weak??? -.-

Sure are Monkey, as you and Tiffy can attest, right? XD
DreamingDæmon

Postby ßîgßÆR » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:40 pm

Darkhorse wrote:For those asking, the balance changes were based off of the PVE and PVP numbers we have in house. We will continue to evaluate both PVE and PVP content and make balances for the classes going forward to bring them as close as possible to each other.

That being said, prior to the changes today, War Mages were ahead of the curve by an amount that was significant enough to warrant some tweaks. As I mentioned above, we will continue to evaluate.

So why change the WM and JC? Why not beef up the SW? That seems to be the want of the many. So why dangle a Corvette in front of us and then give us a Ford Probe.
Plus I play the game for my guildies and our raids. In the Army we call it "Esprit de Corps". PvP to me is pointless.

Bear Down
ßîgßÆR

Postby Bher » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:32 pm

For all the bellyaching about how the wm is getting the shaft, I have yet to see a single Mage complain about the ability to spam freeze...
Bher

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates