Server Maintenance - September 13, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - September 13, 2013

Postby AmyLoo » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:07 pm

Saint_Kai, the infamous and sadly silenced Beener has asked me to tell you he really enjoyed your post, primarily the paragraph about the masses doing the macarena. I enjoyed it as well, and as a war mage I also feel your PvP pain.
AmyLoo
Moderator
 
Posts: 281
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:17 am

Re: Server Maintenance - September 13, 2013

Postby High_Auger » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:21 am

Thanks for the effort to combat afkers, those are a real pain, and I'll be glad to see the back of them. Sadly they seem to remain, as I just fought one, however the fight was far shorter than usual thanks to shorter timer and lower hp.

I understand if that was the intention, and applaude the initiative, but the truth is it unbalanced the game even more. The changes are not bad but right now beat the desire to pvp out of me every time I enter a battle.

Thanks for the macarena :) truly made my day there. And so true ;)
High_Auger
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 6:16 am

Re: Server Maintenance - September 13, 2013

Postby DeePapasan » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:31 am

Saint_Kai wrote:So, if all the stars align with the planets, and a fly sneezes on the island of guam while a koala kills a grizzly bear and 3 billion people suddenly turn west and do the macarena, then War Mage has a chance.

Venan defeated the purpose of pvp in one fell swoop. Brilliant.


Really brilliant!!
I just pictured a koala & a grizzly doing the macarena & the gangnam style before they fight to the death
DeePapasan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 2:52 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - September 13, 2013

Postby Kiabella » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:15 pm

Anyone else experiencing 5+minute waits? This sucks!
Kiabella
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:10 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - September 13, 2013

Postby HoUK_Member_Mackey » Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Reducing Hp to 3X rather than 4X is a good idea for reducing PvP match time. But could we have our 20 second action timers back im lucky if ive got 10 seconds to respond to an opponents attack, and even if i do imput an action with 3 secs left on timer it takes so long to communicate with server that i end up auto attacking.
HoUK_Member_Mackey
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:20 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - September 13, 2013

Postby Win_or_Lose » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:44 pm

Wow! Seems like every time Venan make an update the forums are full of whingers and people threatening to quit. It wasn't even a big change.
PvP is a lot of fun, but they did need to make it shorter at high might levels so that's what they did.
V2 is coming. If pvp isn't fun for you don't do it - its not a requirement. I am sure Venan will fix balance in PvP at some point, although some WMs still manage to do very well.
Win_or_Lose
 
Posts: 145
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:43 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - September 13, 2013

Postby Bbbb » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:58 am

Phlip wrote: If pvp isn't fun for you don't do it - its not a requirement.


But it has annoying quests tied to it so I am stuck with an unfinished quest that I see everytime I log in.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2091
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - September 13, 2013

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:04 pm

CarlosDanger wrote:
Phlip wrote: If pvp isn't fun for you don't do it - its not a requirement.


But it has annoying quests tied to it so I am stuck with an unfinished quest that I see everytime I log in.


Agreed.

I like PvP (barring several glaring balance issues), but I have toons that are not PvP ready and a few I don't ever plan on taking into PvP, and its obnoxious to constantly have the quest banner reminding me of that fact.
User avatar
Possessed_Mithrid
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:20 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - September 13, 2013

Postby john12345 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:31 pm

Mithrid wrote:
CarlosDanger wrote:
Phlip wrote: If pvp isn't fun for you don't do it - its not a requirement.


But it has annoying quests tied to it so I am stuck with an unfinished quest that I see everytime I log in.


Agreed.

I like PvP (barring several glaring balance issues), but I have toons that are not PvP ready and a few I don't ever plan on taking into PvP, and its obnoxious to constantly have the quest banner reminding me of that fact.

my mage not only finished pvp related quest but also got eventually all backgrounds including volcanic. all this by going mostly 2h with pve karnak build and gems. yeah it's frustrating sometimes to lose but most pvp goals are doable.
I even not talking about my other toons in which I invested little more into pvp optimized build.
john12345
 
Posts: 244
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:04 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - September 13, 2013

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:40 pm

john12345 wrote:my mage not only finished pvp related quest but also got eventually all backgrounds including volcanic. all this by going mostly 2h with pve karnak build and gems. yeah it's frustrating sometimes to lose but most pvp goals are doable.
I even not talking about my other toons in which I invested little more into pvp optimized build.


Hey John! :D
I think though this is exactly Carlos and my point...if PvP is truly optional...we shouldn't have to feel the need to invest the time you did, or face the frustration of massive losses, simply to remove the quest banner. I'm not saying its impossible or difficult with a non-PvP toon, I am emphasizing that if I have a toon I don't want to PvP with...I shouldn't feel the obligation too...but with the quest banner as it is...if I am a player who wants no part of PvP...I would be forced to do what you did with your mage.
User avatar
Possessed_Mithrid
 
Posts: 914
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest