Update 1.7 - July 22, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby FreyaYuledottir » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:08 am

Ooh yay! Finally!
User avatar
FreyaYuledottir
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 4:39 am

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby Magic_Rat » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:54 am

Disappointed PvP is de-facto compulsory as part of the quest line. I have always loathed it in other games and i doubt Venan's implementation will shift my view somehow.
Magic_Rat
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:20 pm

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby Darkhorse » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:18 am

PhoenixÆterna wrote: [*]Simple matchmaking has been implemented to queue heroes against a random opponent that is close to their might
One can easily swap to lower gears and get a queue of toons much lesser in might :?


So interestingly we came to the same conclusion, but since might is essentially a sliding scale of how good your stats and gear are, we found that this wasn't much of a problem. We are also locking in levels so you must be within a certain amount of levels as well. Obviously we will continue to evaluate throughout beta.
User avatar
Darkhorse
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby Darkhorse » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:19 am

Magic_Rat wrote:Disappointed PvP is de-facto compulsory as part of the quest line. I have always loathed it in other games and i doubt Venan's implementation will shift my view somehow.


Not sure I follow. It has it's own quest series, so if you don't want to do it, you don't have to and it won't stop your progression to other quests.
User avatar
Darkhorse
 
Posts: 564
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:41 pm

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby WotC_Trotinet » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 am

Darkhorse wrote:
AoD_Trotinet wrote:I have a question about the spec part.

Am I reading it right, one war mage will be able to be fire and then hit a button or what ever and be ice, I know they wouldnt be able to do this in battle. But is that it?

Basically since I have an ice mage and a fire mage, one can be gotten rid of? Or is this only applying to armor?

Sorry i can tend to get confusing. :(

Thank You
Trotinet


Sorry for the confusion, it's a hard feature to explain. But yes, essentially that's it. If you are not a fight screen you will be able to switch between two preset "sets" of gear and abilities. It's similar to what other games call "dual spec" only it also has an armor/gem switching component as well.


So will people get a class respec so they dont lose a lvl 30 with all sigils?, can just make it into another class instead of having to delete it .
Like with my second mage, since my first mage will be able to be both my second one that has also bought all the sigils and stuff, because in my case i do plan on making an sw and have yet to buy the sigils, it would just be nice not to have wasted the gs.
Thanks
Trotinet
WotC_Trotinet
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:18 am

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby beekeo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:40 am

No you won't lose anything, it isn't a new character, each spec is a saved selection of your current gear and allocation of available ability points.

For example, you might want to have all of the Fire spells at level 3 for running raids. For PvP you might want all of the Ice Spells at level 3. You will be able to swap from Fire to Ice for PvP and back again without doing an Ability Respec every time.

Similarly, you might want to have an all-offense gem selection for raids but for PvP you might want to include Health and Physical Resistance gems. Your PvP spec will include those choices in one button press without having to manually change it every time.
User avatar
beekeo
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 pm

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby WotC_Trotinet » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:18 am

beekeo wrote:No you won't lose anything, it isn't a new character, each spec is a saved selection of your current gear and allocation of available ability points.

For example, you might want to have all of the Fire spells at level 3 for running raids. For PvP you might want all of the Ice Spells at level 3. You will be able to swap from Fire to Ice for PvP and back again without doing an Abilitit will be a choice Respec every time.

Similarly, you might want to have an all-offense gem selection for raids but for PvP you might want to include Health and Physical Resistance gems. Your PvP spec will include those choices in one button press without having to manually change it every time.


Oh I get how it wil work but as pf right now I have a level 30 fire mage and a level 30 ice mage both with all sigils, with thw dual spec I will be only using one for both specs. I was just wondering if a class respec was going out also to thoae of us that have done two full spec mages or justicars or anything, just a waste to lose the one that gets merge essentially due to the gs sigils.
I know it will be a choice toget rid of one of the toons but I dont see the point in two of the same hehe. But just curious if there was a possible class respwc for this or not ;)

Thanks
Trotinet
WotC_Trotinet
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:18 am

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby EricM » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:36 am

AoD_Trotinet wrote:Oh I get how it wil work but as pf right now I have a level 30 fire mage and a level 30 ice mage both with all sigils, with thw dual spec I will be only using one for both specs. I was just wondering if a class respec was going out also to thoae of us that have done two full spec mages or justicars or anything, just a waste to lose the one that gets merge essentially due to the gs sigils.
I know it will be a choice toget rid of one of the toons but I dont see the point in two of the same hehe. But just curious if there was a possible class respwc for this or not ;)

Thanks
Trotinet


Hey Trot,

Think you're looking about it the wrong way. It's not that now you have a wasted toon, but rather you have two fully spec'ed out toons, both who can now be fire or ice at will for raids/pvp. One benefit of having two of the 'same' is that you can get double the rpp in raids. It's more of an added feature. I can now spec from my vg build to my kfs build without paying 5 gs every time. Honestly, I'd have 5 SWers built exactly the same as my current one, but meh, who has the time :p
EricM
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby WotC_Trotinet » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Fizz_Eric wrote:
AoD_Trotinet wrote:Oh I get how it wil work but as pf right now I have a level 30 fire mage and a level 30 ice mage both with all sigils, with thw dual spec I will be only using one for both specs. I was just wondering if a class respec was going out also to thoae of us that have done two full spec mages or justicars or anything, just a waste to lose the one that gets merge essentially due to the gs sigils.
I know it will be a choice toget rid of one of the toons but I dont see the point in two of the same hehe. But just curious if there was a possible class respwc for this or not ;)

Thanks
Trotinet


Hey Trot,

Think you're looking about it the wrong way. It's not that now you have a wasted toon, but rather you have two fully spec'ed out toons, both who can now be fire or ice at will for raids/pvp. One benefit of having two of the 'same' is that you can get double the rpp in raids. It's more of an added feature. I can now spec from my vg build to my kfs build without paying 5 gs every time. Honestly, I'd have 5 SWers built exactly the same as my current one, but meh, who has the time :p



Personally I don't find it fun only hitting a fire or an ice spell, its why I made one of each instead of 2 hybrids or something ;) domt get me wong im not complaining about the patch im just asking if there will be a respec class option foe those us of who dont want essentially 4 mages ;) so we didnt have to waste the gs from buying sigils. Again I know it will be a choice to stop playing the other mage in my case.

Thanks
Trotinet
WotC_Trotinet
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:18 am

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby beekeo » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:45 pm

There is no option to change a character's class.
User avatar
beekeo
 
Posts: 195
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron