Update 1.7 - July 22, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 1.7 - Preview

Postby GhøstZíllä » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:09 pm

But now I can't fight nel :/ unless its random .
GhøstZíllä

Postby Vexis_Larseker » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:11 pm

Can we get a clarification on the recipe change? For example, if I already have the Fire recipe from Karnak, does that mean Ice would drop instead if a duplicate Fire recipe were going to drop? Or does it mean nothing will drop?
Vexis_Larseker

Postby Darkhorse » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:47 pm

FT_NikoNarf wrote:How about an option to either combat someone in the general game population or restrict opponents to those within the same guild?

We are planning on adding the ability to issue duels, but that isn't part of the current beta as it stands in 1.7.0.
Darkhorse

Postby Darkhorse » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:49 pm

cristo wrote:How is Resolve acquired? Potions only as listed, or can you regent it with time like energy and health? Looks awesome so far. I am really looking forward to trying this out. Also what is the might range against which you are paired.

You will just have it. It behaves like energy. You start with a set maximum amount, it regenerates over time, and in the future you'll be able to increase the amount you can have. You know how much you have because it appears next to your energy in the UI. We'll likely be playing with the numbers above throughout the beta, so I don't want to give too many specifics.
Darkhorse

Postby Darkhorse » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:51 pm

AoD_Trotinet wrote:I have a question about the spec part.

Am I reading it right, one war mage will be able to be fire and then hit a button or what ever and be ice, I know they wouldnt be able to do this in battle. But is that it?

Basically since I have an ice mage and a fire mage, one can be gotten rid of? Or is this only applying to armor?

Sorry i can tend to get confusing. :(

Thank You
Trotinet

Sorry for the confusion, it's a hard feature to explain. But yes, essentially that's it. If you are not a fight screen you will be able to switch between two preset "sets" of gear and abilities. It's similar to what other games call "dual spec" only it also has an armor/gem switching component as well.
Darkhorse

Postby Darkhorse » Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:51 pm

DzK_Vexis_Larseker wrote:Can we get a clarification on the recipe change? For example, if I already have the Fire recipe from Karnak, does that mean Ice would drop instead if a duplicate Fire recipe were going to drop? Or does it mean nothing will drop?

If fire was going to drop and you already have fire, nothing will drop.
Darkhorse

Postby PhoenixÆterna » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:14 am

[quote="Darkhorse"]General

[*]Increased the maximum number of inventory slots from 50 to 100
[*]Implemented many new anti-hack and anti-cheat measures
HOORAY! HOORAY!HOORAY!

[*]Simple matchmaking has been implemented to queue heroes against a random opponent that is close to their might
One can easily swap to lower gears and get a queue of toons much lesser in might :?

[*]Health in PVP is currently multiplied by 4x
Now, that will be cool, but given that justicar and mage have very high crit damage, even with disabling elixir, potion & guild favor, the fight could be over in 1 or 2 fatal hits

[*]Gear and ability swapping has been implemented!
[*]Player specifications allow players to store and change their ability and gear configuration with the push of a button. For example, a hero can spec into Fire abilities on their War Mage and use a staff for specification one and then switch to specification two put points into Ice abilities and equip a sword.
AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
PhoenixÆterna

Postby DuneBlythe » Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:46 am

I am kinda sad that I must pvp if i want all feats and quests done. But if the anti raiders can deal with it, so can I.
DuneBlythe

Postby john12345 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:16 am

inventory increase and one button gear swapping is awesome! pvp addition is also nice as different kind of activity, though Ill be more interested in it when rewards/leaderboard/etc introduced after beta.

I would like to see even further swapping awailable. at least having 3 instead of 2. currently I see following useful setups:
kfs
fast regen
cv raid/general purpose farming mobs
cv raid/general purpose farming boss
coc p1
coc p2
coc p3
pvp

in 1.7 ill probably unify pvp/kfs to first and cv raid to second, while ignoring coc which I almost don't run and continue manually switching to fast regens.
john12345

Postby Gius » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:33 am

Awsome, can't wait!
Gius

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates