Update 1.6.1 - May 23, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 1.6.1 - Preview

Postby Fizz_JohnJSal » Thu May 16, 2013 12:45 pm

[*]With the change to all raid caps, some raids have had their number of waves adjusted. Here is the approximate number of raiders we have balanced each raid around (regardless of the targeted balance number, the raid cap will still be 100 guild members for each raid):
  • 10 Raiders: Gobblin' Goblins
  • 20 Raiders: The Plaguerider, Lockbolt's Reign
  • 25 Raiders: Wrath of the Overseer
  • 30 Raiders: Risen from the Depths, Crypt of Corruption, Attack at Dawn, Dark Lord Helion
  • 35 Raiders: Cursed Keep, Vale of the Ice Dragon, War of Fellmarsh
  • 40 Raiders: Horde of the Goblin King, Karnak's Final Stand, Battle of the Vile Gate

What does this mean exactly? Around what goal are raids balanced? Gold? Silver? Bronze? How much energy/contribution (according to your calculations) is each of the raiders expected to contribute to reach the goal? Do the calculations involve using Gold Shields or potions?
Fizz_JohnJSal

Postby Cristo » Thu May 16, 2013 12:52 pm

Just a clarification, if we as a guild just finished the Vallus challenge to unlock FS (yesterday) that will instead unlock WoF now correct? By the way I was one of those who enjoyed the challenge associated with the raid caps, but the changes look good. Keep up the excellent work Venan.
Cristo

Postby EJ_Yopla » Thu May 16, 2013 1:05 pm

0.1 cent comment
typo in preivew instead of preview ..
EJ_Yopla

Postby Hooloovoo » Thu May 16, 2013 1:20 pm

Alas...gold raids go back to meaning you have lots of people in your guild. Also, the cooldown change seems weird--doesn't this encourage the repeated engagement with a "best" raid, rather than the L6 system which adds a gameplay element of allocating guild resources efficiently and meaningfully? Just my thoughts from the armchair...what do those involved in running large, active guilds think of these?
Hooloovoo

Postby Darkhorse » Thu May 16, 2013 1:22 pm

EJ_Yopla wrote:0.1 cent comment
typo in preivew instead of preview ..

FIXED! ;)
Darkhorse

Re: Update 1.6.1 - Preivew

Postby MariKissMas » Thu May 16, 2013 1:25 pm

I would like FS reinstated with maybe trask stuck on the end. WoF perhaps was played more cuz it is the gateway raid to the cv raids but I have only had one person actually say that she liked the raid and many who have said that they did like FS. And, WoF bogs down terriblly in the onslaught section cuz few ppl like onslaught. Personally, I don't play that section, waiting for those who would drag through it to finish, so that I can resume play on the other side. Other that that, 1.6.1 fixes my complaints, except why our foes, espically Behemoth, can do the same stunning attack back to back and we can't . Thanks.
MariKissMas

Postby Pimp_ » Thu May 16, 2013 1:27 pm

I like the new changes. Especially the cap raise, I would suggest a system that caps gold to 30 members. If 31 joins in automatic silver, if raid goes over 45 bronze. Then it's not how many people can I throw at a raid for gold or speed challenge! The more players the less valor the longer it will take to might yourself up! This puts some responsibility back on GM and officers to cap raid internally.
Pimp_

Postby Little_Mike » Thu May 16, 2013 1:28 pm

War of Fellmarsh's unlock requirement is to now beat Vale of the Ice Dragon 10 times. So if you unlocked Forgotten Sentinels, then you will have War of Fellmarsh unlocked.
Little_Mike

Postby Pumpkin » Thu May 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Just wondering if part of the reason SC and FS are less popular is because of where their icons sit on the outside edge of the screen? I will be honest and say that I had to go hunt for it as i dont think I've ever run it! What about if you moved them more centrally and see if that worked before losing them? You are at KV level for a long time. Just wondering if grinding the same 3 dungeons might get a little dull?
Pumpkin

Postby Pumpkin » Thu May 16, 2013 1:35 pm

SC I mean...
Pumpkin wrote:Just wondering if part of the reason SC and FS are less popular is because of where their icons sit on the outside edge of the screen? I will be honest and say that I had to go hunt for it as i dont think I've ever run it! What about if you moved them more centrally and see if that worked before losing them? You are at KV level for a long time. Just wondering if grinding the same 3 dungeons might get a little dull?
Pumpkin

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates