Server Maintenance - May 9th, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Server Maintenance - May 9th, 2013

Postby Darkhorse » Thu May 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Heroes!

We will be rolling out a patch at 5:00pm EST/ 9:00pm GMT. The servers will be down for maintenance for approximately 15 minutes. There is no need to redownload your game client, this patch will be downloaded automatically once the servers are back up.

Since we feel this patch is fairly urgent, you may have your raids interrupted as a result. HOWEVER, raids in progress will be marked successful and rewarded accordingly at the time the servers go down.

We have re-evaluated all the data we had about raids run before 1.6 as well as the data we have since the server came up yesterday. Based on the information we have, we are rolling out a series of raid balance changes.

Here is what we have done:

- Encounter numbers across the board for every raid have been lowered - the amounts vary raid to raid. We think this is actually the number one problem with the balancing issues in our raids right now. Simply put, the encounter counts as they stand are too high.

- Gold times have been slightly relaxed relative to the new values. Gold CAN be attained without spending a single gold shield.

- Bronze times have been increased to allow more leeway for raids to complete instead of failing. Cooldown times have also been reduced as a result of this change.

- We have delayed the time before your raid shows up in the raid finder by 10 minutes. This will give raid leaders a little extra time to adjust their mercenary numbers and for guild members to have a chance to get into the raid.

What we will continue to do:

We'll continue to evaluate raid results day by day and continue to make adjustments accordingly. We see this as an ongoing process.

We want to once again reiterate that the community is the reason that our game exists, and we continue to be extremely grateful for the support our players have shown us.

As a thank you to our community for their feedback and their ongoing support, anyone who has logged into the game in between the launch of 1.6 and now will be receiving a gift from us via in game mail.

---

Other fixes:

Quests

• "Claude's Cuttery": Nettledye Flowers now drop in the Shores of the Realm in Dragonmoor.
  • "The Razor Bone Comb": Razor Bones now drop in the Urgresh Borderlands.

User Interface

• Fixed an issue where chat text would sometimes draw over the text entry bar.
  • Fixed an issue where the leaderboard listing in the raid status window would draw over the OK button.
Darkhorse

Re: Patch - May 9th, 5:00pm EST / 9:00pm GMT

Postby Cristo » Thu May 09, 2013 4:08 pm

Prompt response as usual Venan. Thank you.
Cristo

Re: Patch - May 9th, 5:00pm EST / 9:00pm GMT

Postby Contingency » Thu May 09, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks Darkhorse!
Contingency

Re: Server Maintenance - May 9th, 2013

Postby Sheralien » Thu May 09, 2013 5:02 pm

Thanks so much!!!!
I think the whole community will thank you from the bottom of their hearts for addressing our concerns so rapidly!

Yay for devs that actually keep in contact with their gamers!!!

p.s. I really love this game! :D
Sheralien

Postby Darkhorse » Thu May 09, 2013 5:21 pm

Known issue: The recent maintenance reset everyone's guild loyalty to 0. We're currently investigating.
Darkhorse

Postby Bbbb » Thu May 09, 2013 6:38 pm

Still this is an Epic Fail release. I can't get into the GK my guild ran and I was just minutes late. Meanwhile, there are two people at 205 RPP and another two at 900 something.

1.6 is the guild disloyalty release as far as I can concerned. If I can't get into my own guilds raid, what is the point of guilds?????????????
Bbbb

Postby EricM » Thu May 09, 2013 6:56 pm

Bbbb wrote:Still this is an Epic Fail release. I can't get into the GK my guild ran and I was just minutes late. Meanwhile, there are two people at 205 RPP and another two at 900 something.

1.6 is the guild disloyalty release as far as I can concerned. If I can't get into my own guilds raid, what is the point of guilds?????????????

I agree completely. Why are caps even necessary? That defeats the whole purpose of loyalty.

My vision was that active guilds, like ours, would have a leg up when loyalty started because we had more members active at the same time... which is kinda how I'd measure loyalty ;)

But rather it's the other way around. 1.5 - We'd have GKs with 47/60 people in it. Now anyone who's even slightly late to show up basically has to go quest for the next three hours.
EricM

Postby Cristo » Thu May 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Or you can start a second "lesser" raid such as Vallus, FS, or WoF there by increasing your guilds power even more. Unless guild loyalty only applies if the individual is the only beneficiary. Just my 2¢
Cristo

Postby ParsMiaS » Thu May 09, 2013 8:47 pm

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Re: raid times, kill encounters, etc.

No one complained about these features, why was it changed to begin with? Just causing more headache than benefits.
ParsMiaS

Postby Bbbb » Thu May 09, 2013 9:35 pm

cristo wrote:Or you can start a second "lesser" raid such as Vallus, FS, or WoF there by increasing your guilds power even more. Unless guild loyalty only applies if the individual is the only beneficiary. Just my 2¢

We are talking about guilds that are full of members who are done with KV. Until the new raid is unlocked, the maximum number of CV raids a day is 6. Heaven forbid that you run a time zone based guild where everyone sleeps at the same time. The new raid is capped at 20 so I don't know how much it will help.

The large guilds will help with the infamous SV-KV member split problem where half the guild is wanting to do KV and the other half isn't there yet. You can run both raids and have enough people to do it. The end game is completely different.
Bbbb

Next

Return to Game Updates