Update 1.6 - May 8, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 1.6 - May 8, 2013

Postby Nick » Wed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Blaezinn wrote:I am a fan of the update except for two things. The limit on the amount of raiders per raid is not acceptable. The second thing is the time changes for raids. I don't understand why or how changing these two things are going to help this game.

I think the true reason for these changes, that they call 'balance' is for us to use more shields. V1.5 already put more preassure on spending GS, and now limited raiders, with more rounds to do, is the next step.

This is NOT 'balance'. This is 'GREED'
Nick

Postby Zaja » Wed May 08, 2013 9:12 pm

I would agree that this grossly appears to be nothing but greed, i wont spend another nickel on this game for the time being.
If they were being honest and raised guild cap while decreasing raid sizes then a guild should have been able to run the same raid with multiple groups at the same time.
For anyone who had already maxed their main character there isn't a single reason or upgrade to play for except possibly the ring which is looking like the most insane grind ive ever seen in any game and may or may not be some small upgrade.
Losing the guild favours we already had won't take a huge amount of time to restore but it certainly seems like a slap in the face insult for any long term members who feel they already earned that status many times over.
Overall I'm not personally impressed at all and it would seem im not in the minority.
Zaja

Postby Click » Wed May 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Tiffy wrote:
Mcluvin wrote:
Tiffy wrote:
By a ton? Really? :(

Let's say using a t14 Swods for main hand, t14 off hand...

T14 sword range 790- 966 damage
T14 off hand range 234-286 damage

Mini Damage : Main hand 790 + off hand with DW3 (585) = 1375. *off hand is 234+ 234X 150% = 585
max damage : Main hand 966 + off hand with DW3 (715) = 1681. * off hand is 286 + 286 x 150% = 715

So with DW3. Sword range 1375- 1681
Compare to a 2H sword range 1317 - 1610

Need 3 points in DW for SW's sword to par with a 2Hander

150% ...the multiplier seem a lot but it also depends on what ur multiplying it on, when initial damage is soooo low, it doesn't increase ur overall damage by A TON.

Now tell me how else you'll get that much damage :)

Also you didn't include your Melee rating in that damage calc.

You also didn't include how much 15% Melee does for you.

U saying I should be happy that I need to use 3 ability point to be able to do similar damage compare to a 2H weapon?
And justi can put 3 points in +15% melee (apply to all their attack), Which mean justi is still still 15% stronger than SW

You're not supposed to do as much damage per hit because you swing faster. Compare DPS.

Secondly, you missed my whole point. 15% of anything is not a lot at the high end. Just look how much 5% helps you out on your stat screen.

+150% of your offhand is +150% of 25% of your damage. This is makes your offhand go from 25% of your melee damage to 62.5%. In other words it's a 37.5% increase in the damage of a regular melee swing.

By contrast, if you have 6000 (this is quite a lot by the way) melee, you will get less than 80 more damage per hit from a 15% increase in melee and that's before armor mitigation and physical resistance reduces that. BUT it applies to ALL hits.
Click

Postby Wickedsins » Thu May 09, 2013 2:23 am

I like the fact we can now merc with out leaving our guild :D . But the raiding caps are insane. You capped it way to low and added more waves. I wasted 24 GS ( 3 full 36 E bars plus) took number one and still failed a raid. You can't boot dead weight people, so a member or merc can hit once and leave and kill your raid. Weather you password it or not.

May put a cap on mercs depending on the raid and lower the guild members max back down, or put a cap per phase and a weighted payout per phases people work in. Like say a 3 phase raid; you get 1/3 the payout per phase you enter. But if you miss getting in under the cap per phase you lose out. Would keep you normal p,ayers from leaving game and the hardcore players will get the same rewards without dead weight destroying the raid.
Wickedsins

Postby Merculargo » Thu May 09, 2013 7:36 am

To Whom it may Concern…..

Hello BOH support team,
let me firstly say how much I have been really enjoying the game and having a great time raiding with some long term gaming friends.

I have been playing RPG’s in one form or another since I was 14 years old and still am at the age of 37 so have seen how much things have evolved across platforms over the years. So with that in mind I feel able to comment on the 1.6 patch you have just released.

What’s good with it

1.) It’s great to get loyalty points for sticking around in a guild

2.) Auto finding raids without leaving your guilds is a good sound idea

What’s bad with it

1. The raids have become an unachievable for the following reasons:
a.) A complete nightmare as the raid goes on a phenomenal amount of time. For those of us running them with family’s in the real world this is a complete no no and ends up with the officer feeling guilty about abandoning the raid when he/she runs out of time.
b.) The sheer volume of enemies to wade through is completely ridiculous and totally de-motivates people each phase is taking over an hour!
c.) You’ve capped the raid so there is no way of getting more people involved to help salvage an already difficult raid
d.) Our guild Behold Brothers of the black twirled moustaches had been hitting gold virtually every time before the update and could not even hit bronze on Vallus with 40/40 participants post 1.6 update. That alone highlights how incredibly unbalanced it now is.

2. You exist in a time where there is very heavy competition for people’s attention when it comes to game apps for multimedia devices!! If you hack off your loyal gamers enough they will just move to another game which is more rewarding/fair.

3. We are in the middle of a global recession we don’t have endless cash to throw at gold shields to make raids work, this is yet another reason to adjust it quick or again people will leave this game for practical reasons.

In summary
Please please adjust the settings and make the raids fair again I haven’t even tried the solo quests yet to see how badly these have been affected. Don’t leave it like this or you will lose the community.

Regards,

Stephen F.

AKA Merculargo
Merculargo

Postby FREDED » Thu May 09, 2013 7:58 am

^^^ what he said

I love the update venan. You just need to tweak it now from the players responses

It's great that you can't kick mercs in a raid anymore but they gotta pull there weight. You can say password it up but the game is meant to be an on the go game. This update makes you rely on others too much yes it's more team worky but as the man said above we have work/families. Sometimes I have a spare five mins at work where I can quickly unload then back to the real word again

And that's what I like about this.

Why not make raids endless? You kill a bunch enemies in whatever time your guild manages it. If it takes longer than bronze then you get really bad rewards but at least you get Something
FREDED

Postby Contingency » Thu May 09, 2013 9:32 am

Raid caps all need to be increased by at least 10.
Contingency

Postby Sheralien » Thu May 09, 2013 10:17 am

Merculargo wrote:To Whom it may Concern…..

Hello BOH support team,
let me firstly say how much I have been really enjoying the game and having a great time raiding with some long term gaming friends.

I have been playing RPG’s in one form or another since I was 14 years old and still am at the age of 37 so have seen how much things have evolved across platforms over the years. So with that in mind I feel able to comment on the 1.6 patch you have just released.

What’s good with it

1.) It’s great to get loyalty points for sticking around in a guild

2.) Auto finding raids without leaving your guilds is a good sound idea

What’s bad with it

1. The raids have become an unachievable for the following reasons:
a.) A complete nightmare as the raid goes on a phenomenal amount of time. For those of us running them with family’s in the real world this is a complete no no and ends up with the officer feeling guilty about abandoning the raid when he/she runs out of time.
b.) The sheer volume of enemies to wade through is completely ridiculous and totally de-motivates people each phase is taking over an hour!
c.) You’ve capped the raid so there is no way of getting more people involved to help salvage an already difficult raid
d.) Our guild Behold Brothers of the black twirled moustaches had been hitting gold virtually every time before the update and could not even hit bronze on Vallus with 40/40 participants post 1.6 update. That alone highlights how incredibly unbalanced it now is.

2. You exist in a time where there is very heavy competition for people’s attention when it comes to game apps for multimedia devices!! If you hack off your loyal gamers enough they will just move to another game which is more rewarding/fair.

3. We are in the middle of a global recession we don’t have endless cash to throw at gold shields to make raids work, this is yet another reason to adjust it quick or again people will leave this game for practical reasons.

In summary
Please please adjust the settings and make the raids fair again I haven’t even tried the solo quests yet to see how badly these have been affected. Don’t leave it like this or you will lose the community.

Regards,

Stephen F.

AKA Merculargo

Except for a few differences, age and we only got to CK, I totally underwrite this post!
It is exactly what I have experienced since "The patch from the wrong side of the vile gate" been activated.
I was planning on writing a long post, with the same information as Merculargo just did. So for efficiencies sake, I just quoted this one.

The re-balance only made it more imbalanced. And non achievable for the "casual" player. If I wanted to go hard-core I would have returned to WoW, but since I kinda gotten a "life" ;) that is out of the question.

So please, please, please pretty please with cherries on top! Tweak the re-balancing the right way mkay? ;) Thank you!

love
Sheralien
GM PTS (nuthouse full of crazies guild ;) )
Sheralien

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu May 09, 2013 10:29 am

As several people have guessed, the caps are just there to prevent a wide variety of abusive behaviors. We don't expect them to have any effect at all on normal gameplay.

Unfortunately you don't see the wood for the trees. Capping the raids has had the side effect of killing raids as they were, de-motiavating casual (and many non-casual) players from even playing and generally making your customers an incredibly angry bunch of people.

Which is sad, as I liked virtually everything else about the patch. Well, except having to earn back the guild favours I already had.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Sheralien » Thu May 09, 2013 10:32 am

Just a side note btw, regarding the raid cap and such I already posted this on FB but will set it down here so maybe its easier seen/read.

What if you just post the E needed per raid total?
We can help you out calculating the reasonable amount of toon cap per raid. It is not that difficult. A member of my guild did all the calculations for us per raid. up to CK. So we knew Exactly how many toons with how much E we needed to complete a raid in any amount of time.
I know it got messed up (you probably let somebody like me do the calculations, Discalculy ftw!, ) But it really is not that difficult We can even keep in mind that you do want to make some money out of it.
Just remember and this is really important: Squire Raids are meant for people with about 18 E! Not 42! and for those that are not filthy rich, buying those GS sigils is hard, so the energy level is more likely to be either 22 or its 42. (some might be inbetween, but usually when they start buying the sigils they just dish out all of it) So with the +8 from loyalty favours, it will be either 30 or 50. And soldier raids are most likely to be for those with only 30 E. Starting from knight you can start to expect the high end E-bars.

Now good luck with re-calculating. Just let me know when you need some mathematical wizards to help you out, we have some hiding in our guild ;)

p.s. I would really love to see the total amount of E needed per raid, just to know if we could even try a raid..... failing is NOT an option! :(
Sheralien

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates