Update 1.6 - May 8, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 1.6 - May 8, 2013

Postby DnT_Eliel_ » Thu May 09, 2013 10:36 am

First of all, I do love the improvements to the game. The combat is more smooth and clearly shows that Venan eats their own dog food when it comes to that aspect of game play.

I will echo the sentiments of others here though that, as feared, the re-balancing of the raids has not been done as well. Of course, the premise might be that Gold should be rare, Silver more common, and Bronze even more, and that would be fine if stated. But what guilds are encountering is that raids that were previously competed in good time are actually failing with the participant cap set as it is now.

I don't think there would be as much hue and cry in global and here on this forum if it was simply stated that the raids have been re-balanced so that the Gold finish is no longer possible without a full raid roster of characters all of whom must have the full guild-loyalty-boosted energy limit of 50. That would at least give us something to strive for and set our expectations. But at this moment, that doesn't appear to be be the case. The number of energy pots and shields spent by my guild on a Kracken to simply finish it with the Silver level greatly exceeds what would have been done by 30 characters with a 50 energy cap.

The 4 raids we've done since the release came out have also all been shockingly long and almost approaching tedious. And we've not even tackled the Knight's Valor raids we were doing last week yet.

Can some analysis be done on the data generated by the players playing the game since yesterday to determine where some tweaks can be made to make the raids 'fun' and 'winnable' again, please? I understand that such and effort would take time, but I think it's critical that some kind of response be forthcoming from Venan to help us understand what your objectives are with the rebalancing.

Thanks
-eliel (DnT_Eliel)

UPDATE: Venan, thanks for listening.
DnT_Eliel_

Postby My_Starlight » Thu May 09, 2013 2:20 pm

Merculargo wrote:
What’s good with it

1.) It’s great to get loyalty points for sticking around in a guild

2.) Auto finding raids without leaving your guilds is a good sound idea

What’s bad with it

1. The raids have become an unachievable for the following reasons:
a.) A complete nightmare as the raid goes on a phenomenal amount of time. For those of us running them with family’s in the real world this is a complete no no and ends up with the officer feeling guilty about abandoning the raid when he/she runs out of time.
b.) The sheer volume of enemies to wade through is completely ridiculous and totally de-motivates people each phase is taking over an hour!
c.) You’ve capped the raid so there is no way of getting more people involved to help salvage an already difficult raid
d.) Our guild Behold Brothers of the black twirled moustaches had been hitting gold virtually every time before the update and could not even hit bronze on Vallus with 40/40 participants post 1.6 update. That alone highlights how incredibly unbalanced it now is.

2. You exist in a time where there is very heavy competition for people’s attention when it comes to game apps for multimedia devices!! If you hack off your loyal gamers enough they will just move to another game which is more rewarding/fair.

3. We are in the middle of a global recession we don’t have endless cash to throw at gold shields to make raids work, this is yet another reason to adjust it quick or again people will leave this game for practical reasons.

100% agree with this quote. Yesterday was ridiculous to even try to play and the raids I participated in, both as a member of my guild and using the find raid system, only achieved gold due to GS burners. This game shouldn't require so much time, attention, and money as it is simply an app game. Please don't make it more involved as pre 1.6 as I thought was excellent the way it was. I was able to balance questing and raiding as well as maintain things in real life. Yesterday, I don't see that happening as much.

I personally agree with the mention of lowering the prices of gold shields. I would buy more frequently if the price was reduced :mrgreen:

HERO SCORE Could Venan please look to adjust the color of mobs? Doing Vallus and Forgotten Sentinels you go through an entire raid and earn 0 hero score. So by slaying these monsters I am no longer a hero? Maybe the adjustment could be green for 24-25 and scale it up?

I have to throw in a like, kudos on the update to the Justicar. Up until yesterday that class was my least favorite to play by far. Now I don't mind playing that class at all. Please bring back more of that fun factor to the game so we don't see a decline in the BoH population because I see this update as driving away many pleople.

Caurion
Evil Tycoons
My_Starlight

Postby LafRocks » Thu May 09, 2013 3:51 pm

I really like these new updates and features. The only problem that I've had, is that some of my guild members have been locked out of guild raids while mercenaries are allowed to be put in. I think that the only limit there should be is the amount of mercenaries allowed to join raids. Like when you start arrayed, I enjoyed the option of allowing how many mercenaries there are allowed to be. I just think that there should be a max number for each raid. Obviously, those numbers can differ according to the difficulty of the raid.
LafRocks

Postby JasmynthTheEldest » Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Yes, the cap on number of Guild Members has got to go. Cap the # of Mercs, fine. But if a Guild has 100 Active members, it should be allowed to have all 100 partake in the same raid. Raiding together is the fun of raiding. It's getting together with your teammates to accomplish something meaningful together for the Guild. And while you can run 3 different raids at the same time, doing so simply isn't as much fun. And, unless I'm mistaken, games are supposed to be fun, aren't they?
JasmynthTheEldest

Postby Mershie_ » Thu May 09, 2013 10:07 pm

Raid cap idea:

When starting a raid, the starter can select a raid cap for members: 20 - 30 - 40 or 50.

Bonuses are awarded as follows:

20 member raid: 50% bonuses to all rewards
30 member raid: 35% bonuses...
40 member raid: 20% bonuses...
50 member raid: no bonuses...

Mercenaries would stay same, with same bonuses, deductions, etc....
Mershie_

Postby Mershie_ » Thu May 09, 2013 10:15 pm

ET_OFF_Caurion wrote:
Merculargo wrote:
What’s good with it

1.) It’s great to get loyalty points for sticking around in a guild

2.) Auto finding raids without leaving your guilds is a good sound idea

What’s bad with it

1. The raids have become an unachievable for the following reasons:
a.) A complete nightmare as the raid goes on a phenomenal amount of time. For those of us running them with family’s in the real world this is a complete no no and ends up with the officer feeling guilty about abandoning the raid when he/she runs out of time.
b.) The sheer volume of enemies to wade through is completely ridiculous and totally de-motivates people each phase is taking over an hour!
c.) You’ve capped the raid so there is no way of getting more people involved to help salvage an already difficult raid
d.) Our guild Behold Brothers of the black twirled moustaches had been hitting gold virtually every time before the update and could not even hit bronze on Vallus with 40/40 participants post 1.6 update. That alone highlights how incredibly unbalanced it now is.

2. You exist in a time where there is very heavy competition for people’s attention when it comes to game apps for multimedia devices!! If you hack off your loyal gamers enough they will just move to another game which is more rewarding/fair.

3. We are in the middle of a global recession we don’t have endless cash to throw at gold shields to make raids work, this is yet another reason to adjust it quick or again people will leave this game for practical reasons.

100% agree with this quote. Yesterday was ridiculous to even try to play and the raids I participated in, both as a member of my guild and using the find raid system, only achieved gold due to GS burners. This game shouldn't require so much time, attention, and money as it is simply an app game. Please don't make it more involved as pre 1.6 as I thought was excellent the way it was. I was able to balance questing and raiding as well as maintain things in real life. Yesterday, I don't see that happening as much.

I personally agree with the mention of lowering the prices of gold shields. I would buy more frequently if the price was reduced :mrgreen:

HERO SCORE Could Venan please look to adjust the color of mobs? Doing Vallus and Forgotten Sentinels you go through an entire raid and earn 0 hero score. So by slaying these monsters I am no longer a hero? Maybe the adjustment could be green for 24-25 and scale it up?

I have to throw in a like, kudos on the update to the Justicar. Up until yesterday that class was my least favorite to play by far. Now I don't mind playing that class at all. Please bring back more of that fun factor to the game so we don't see a decline in the BoH population because I see this update as driving away many pleople.

Caurion
Evil Tycoons

I agree with the above...raids suck too much of our real lives....a game that was fun is now labor intensive....prices for gold shields are ridiculous ... Hmmm. Buy cod 2 or 750 shields that are eaten up in a week or two...I'm imbarrassed. I've invested $500 I to this game...for nothing!!!! Shame on me for being stupid, but shame on Venan for being money hungry...

This game has has no value...none.... You can raid for several days to save up for gear through cv purchase...and sell it for 5k silver! Why can't we sell back gear that cost 4k kv for 2k cv? Venan will not last long with this treatment....
Mershie_

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Tue May 14, 2013 8:56 am

Was there also some tweaking to Haste again?

I've noticed my Mage is .02 seconds slower on their Flaming Pyre again? Was the soft cap lowered or anything?
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Postby Bbbb » Tue May 14, 2013 11:49 am

Oda_Jetras_Sensei wrote:Was there also some tweaking to Haste again?

I've noticed my Mage is .02 seconds slower on their Flaming Pyre again? Was the soft cap lowered or anything?

Have you earned your guild favors back? I thought the same thing but then realized that was the issue.
Bbbb

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Wed May 15, 2013 12:36 pm

Thanks Bs, that was it... I got so used to them...lol
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Previous

Return to Game Updates