Update 1.6 - Preview

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 1.6 - Preview

Postby EricM » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:21 pm

4MO_InMyOffice wrote:CoC is just the shortcut/loophole for high might players to get to the top of the leaderboard - I've done it before, it's just a huge waste of energy for the week.

If its a waste of energy, you're obviously not doing it right -_-

It's hands down the best hero training in the game. It's just about the only way to obtain a decent amount of hero training in a raid without spending a solid amount of gs.

Until my hero training is maxed, its no more a waste of energy than portal farming or vg raiding is. If anything, vg raiding will eventually become useless when t6 or higher comes out. Hero training is the one thing that will stick to you.
EricM

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:48 pm

Oda_tc5k_Idaten wrote:
It's hands down the best hero training in the game. It's just about the only way to obtain a decent amount of hero training in a raid without spending a solid amount of gs.

The point of the debate is not about hero training, and hero training is NOT being adjusted, nor is it the focus. In fact the issue has never been Hero Training for those who have griped against CoC.

The issue for the majority of the CoC "haters" if you will (not the best term but it clearly delineates the position) has always been hero score abuse, and for most, the opportunity to earn a top5 spot for the coveted Commerce III elixir.
If you wanted to earn a commerce 3 elixir, it was near impossible as a regular player playing the game, as it was intended, to earn a top5 spot against someone doing nothing but CoC all day. Especially more challenging for a non-SW or non-high might WM. Now it is one thing to say "tough beans, that is what you have to do to get a commerce III elixir. I'm fine with that, Ive earned my share of top5 spots without CoC and it is very difficult to do with normal raids, but it is not impossible.

However, the primary gripe has been that the CoC Hero SCORE abuse has done two things to the game: (1) made earning a commerce III elixir absurdly difficult for someone who wanted to play a well rounded game and not just run one raid the whole time; (2) relegated the meaning of the hero score leader-board to rubbish.

The idea of the original leader-board was to recognize those players who played a lot of BoH, and accomplished a lot of varying feats and challenges in the game. However now the whole leader-board is a joke to most players as many see it as nothing more than a rampant CoC abuse board.

I think the whole point Venan is trying to do is bring balance back for Hero Score, and hope that it will again have real game play meaning.

Incidentally Tennis, we went over the whole Hero Training value...again it is only more valuable than other raids if you can earn a certain level of RPP per wave (>1450 to beat a VG raid for example). However, most low and mid might WM and Justi's can not beat that number, meaning the hero training value of the CoC is only valuable for High Might WM and Justi's and SW as a general statement. Even then the WM and Justi have to have a second set of 1H gear to easily accomplish it; however 1H gear isn't as common for them when they are trying to quest or raid normal raids as well. So to make a general statement, NO, CoC isn't the best value for Hero Training for the majority of toons playing the game right now, but for those high might enough or with a specialized build, then yes it most definitely can be. You have to qualify your Hero Training statement though...it is not a universally true.
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby EricM » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:58 pm

Mithrid wrote:
The point of the debate is not about hero training, and hero training is NOT being adjusted, nor is it the focus. In fact the issue has never been Hero Training for those who have griped against CoC.

So to make a general statement, NO, CoC isn't the best value for Hero Training for the majority of toons playing the game right now, but for those high might enough or with a specialized build, then yes it most definitely can be. You have to qualify your Hero Training statement though...it is not a universally true.

Fair enough, you got me there mith. I wholeheartedly agree with the hs adjustments. It would make the game fairer and closer to the purpose venan is hoping for.

However, they are also adjusting hero training too with 1.6, or atleast considering it. There's where the worry comes in. Darksword has posted in a couple threads now saying they are thinking of adjusting payout as well, and so if you want to do coc, do it now, and there's where my whining is coming from I suppose.
EricM

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Wed May 01, 2013 12:07 am

Oda_tc5k_Idaten wrote:
Mithrid wrote:However, they are also adjusting hero training too with 1.6, or atleast considering it. There's where the worry comes in. Darksword has posted in a couple threads now saying they are thinking of adjusting payout as well, and so if you want to do coc, do it now, and there's where my whining is coming from I suppose.

Yeah, I've seen his comments, however he has been very vague in terms of what "payouts" he is referring too..Hero Training, Valor, Silver, Potions, Ichor or other ingredients?? ... but since they have only mentioned that they are "considering" changing payouts...I'm not going to concern myself at the moment. Frankly I do not see the need to change Hero Training payout for CoC...I don't know if I would say its unbalanced enough to merit changing.

To be honest, we don't know for certain how Hero Score will change for CoC either though I think the general suspicion is probably accurate.
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby EricM » Wed May 01, 2013 12:33 am

Well, nothing to do but sit and wait I suppose.

Either way, should be an interesting update at the very least. Side quest or not, I do enjoy going through the storylines.

Edit: I said darksword in the previous post, mean darkhorse - not asandir.
EricM

Postby Tiffy » Wed May 01, 2013 2:27 am

I like how CoC gets everyone moving in almost every threads...

I think CoC is good for players that don't need CV anymore and only left with hero training and enchant to do, u get decent hero token payout here if ur good at it (sorry if u don't get decent payout here) plus u need silver for gravers! >_< :evil:

After I max out my training, I barely touch a single CoC for a week, even mentioning CoC scares me coz I wasn't motivated to do CoC anymore once I max my training. then when Darkhorse says they are evaluating CoC's payout in my thread... Lol I know I better stock up some more hero token just in case or I might regret later.

So far I'm only soloing 1 CoC daily for hero token :) ( 3,004 soldier valor, 1203 hero token for a gold CoC, and around 400 undead ichor, 300k silver, 8k HS... Spent about 30-40GS per CoC) and it's fun coz my heart beat is racing for 1 hour 15 mins everytime I solo it!!! I'm racing with the timer try to Gold that CoC! CoC is really fun, I would still solo CoC once in a while even if there's no HS for it in 1.6. Coz I like the token and I love how it makes my heart races! (even my boyfriend can't make my heart beat races for 75mins long... )
Tiffy

Postby japster » Wed May 01, 2013 5:50 am

Tiffy wrote:I like how CoC gets everyone moving in almost every threads...

I love how it makes my heart races! (even my boyfriend can't make my heart beat races for 75mins long... )

There's something rather titillating about Tiffy's post on CoC... :lol:
japster

Postby Bimbosigliere » Wed May 01, 2013 8:13 am

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby DnT_Eliel_ » Wed May 01, 2013 12:13 pm

One point: currently Hero Score from Feats is not included in the rankings for the Leaderboard.

This should be corrected, in my opinion.
DnT_Eliel_

Postby HOPE_Jay » Wed May 01, 2013 5:53 pm

People shouldn't complain about gs burners. Where do you think the money comes from to pay the developers and Google and Apple and the server maintenance teams? I am not one (yet.. Well maybe a little), but it seems to me that they are doing their part to inject some funds so that the game continues to grow and be a more fulfilling experience for everyone.

As long as you are having.... Just sayin. ;)
HOPE_Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates