Server Maintenance - February 28, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - February 28, 2013

Postby Thyme » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:36 pm

I am absolutely agog that anyone in Venan thought that spontaneously nerfing haste was in any way good marketing.

Lesson #1: when altering the product, always give your client base advance notice, especially when your client base is spending time and money to build their version of the product which you are selling.

Many of us in the game have opted for a haste-heavy build, which factors in constant usage of elixirs and haste pots. Many of us spent a lot of energy, e pots, and gs acquiring the recipe and elixirs to do so. If the aforementioned client base had advance notice (as with the changes in the 1.5 update), it would be much easier and smoother to alter our toon's builds to a less haste-dependent model.

This update allows for no such planning and is a rude slap in the face to us, your customers.

Additionally, I fail to see what pressing issue the haste alteration solves. It won't stop the hero score/onslaught abuse, and it will make WoF--the best raid in the game, in my opinion, but now unpopular because of the 1.5 update and new valor--more (overly?) difficult for guilds to run who have not yet unlocked GK.

Nerfing haste will not make the classes more balanced, and will actually prove to be a further disadvantage to magic/poison sw, whose major strength since 1.5 was that they are insanely fast.

Capping haste will not make the game more challenging for high might players, only more boring as we have to sit and wait longer to dump our e.

Rather than spending time nerfing haste, developing a new raid (WoF or onslaught or SOMETHING that requires strategy and/or thought--am I asking for too much?) or new content would have been a better usage of time.
Thyme

Postby JЭDÎ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:38 pm

Venan, you will not be getting the last $200 of my allocated boh fund. The greed recently shown by this company is disgusting.
JЭDÎ

Postby Bimbosigliere » Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:53 pm

DELETED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby Eli_Snugglesworth » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:02 pm

This was an unnecessary use of time and energy. Update 1.5 was awesome and expanded this game to having more potential. Please don't ruin it with these pointless petty changes. As you have noticed this update doesn't sit well with the majority of players. I have yet to see one person rebuttal in agreement. This last minute change will only effect players in a negative manner. Players love to think out of the box and are driven by things that allow them to make huge advancements in their toons Build (i.e large haste pot) This puts a lid on that box. Also leave the SW alone. The changes to higher monster defenses in the last update was enough to botch the damage of their attacks, this is simply unwanted and unneeded !!
Eli_Snugglesworth

Postby Legacy_of_Zaringoth » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:08 pm

As 0$ player I see no problem in haste cap.. I know i will never reach 75%.. and I think coc is wasting of time, elexirs wasting of money. and raiding only coc just for hs is just stupid.Just play game as it is. Yes battles are harder without elexirs but cmon.. stop whining.. When something is nerfed everyone are so unhapy but week later everyone are playing happy and live with it.. sws got nerfed, wms are overpowered so what? I still love this game. Venan will balance everything sooner or later, one way or another..
Legacy_of_Zaringoth

Postby TCG_Happykillmore » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:09 pm

I hate to say I told you so Venan, but I did. When I suggested not nerfing the WM or any nerfing at all, I was castigated by many players and even some of the devs. I warned that nerfing creates frustration and anger. Rather than nerf you should create new content that gets the same result you desire but also increases player joy and loyalty. You didn't listen. I am still willing to give this game a bit more time, but if your new paradigm is to nerf rather than develop, then the harbinger for the future if this game has begun. You will chase everyone away and this great game, which is certainly making you some money will dry up and you will have to create a whole new game and try to do it better. As I said before I have been playing games for a very long time and the games that nerf rather than develop soon die on the vine. Due to the limitations inherent in a game of this type you can't even use the awe inspiring graphics and movement that games such as Diablo 3 or WoW have which keep them going, even though the needed me out of their cash flow. I beg of you to reconsider nerfing at all. When an imbalance is found, just create content that negates the benefit. No one likes to have things taken away...and this game will leave, if you continue on this path. Good luck.
TCG_Happykillmore

Postby _Fãïth_ » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:29 pm

I loved this game I really did .. Well thought.. better planed ..and good people .. All aces in my book just till recently .. I won't go telling you what you are doing is right or wrong .. Cause you know better .. I won't use big words and catchy phrases cause that ain't my style .. But just so that you know recent developments has been really disappointing and it ain't getting any better .. Makes me sad that I might have to quit .. I loved you guys so much and you hurt me so bad .. Not cool :(
_Fãïth_

Postby Possessed_Mithrid » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:41 pm

In Response to BJ_DWR post...I doubt it has anything to do with CoC payouts being absurd.
If that was the only issue at stake (limiting CoC payouts to top tier players), it would be much easier to re-code CoC or other onslaught phases to have a reduced payout rather than mess with the haste system for the majority of the players. This would be the asinine way to approach it.

But I do like the idea of proposing theories so here are mine.

1. Too many complaints of players who don't spend as much money (the vast majority) about those players that do (much fewer numbers though more lucrative per individual) dominating because of the potency of the elixirs. Lets face it faster players get more RPP, MVP slots and more payout.

or

2. Venan realizes that there is inordinate focus on haste in the game system while other stats like dodge and resists are pretty much ignored (lets face it, at high levels they are useless if you hit fast enough).
The point here is that while it is admirable to try and create a game where tanks can have as much value against speed, it will never work in this system.

Reasons why:
In a raid: does anyone get props for how many hits they took? damage they sustain or attacks they dodged? NO
In fact there are not stats even allowing someone to brag about it.
What does matter in a raid: who got the most kills. The fastest in the allotted time. This is all that matters. It determines payout , RPP and HScore/Htokens. Dodge doesn't help this, neither do any of the resist..only haste and might. As long as I can down a health potion a wave..who cares if I can dodge or have high resist.

The only time Haste will not matter as much as other skills is if the system rewards someone for investing in dodge or resists...currently it doesn't. This update wont change that either.

Those are my two theories with commentary. :)

That being said I think reducing haste elixir is lame. I can understand setting a hard cap if you want...maybe nerf the pot, but I want them to leave the elixir. Ultimately though..what is the goal of doing this? There has to be a goal and then ask yourselves will this really achieve that goal?
Possessed_Mithrid

Postby OriginalSpoonster » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:45 pm

There are some very good points being made here, by people I know and respect. This game is based on speed, you made it so, with giving more rewards for faster raids. We all embraced it.. It's our nature to go fast, or else we would all be content with crawling, and Henry Ford would have invented the first Karaoke machine. Now, you are goint to take away one of the building blocks of this game, why? You made us what we are, speed freaks. You are going to take away our Ferrair and give us a Pinto?? Really??!

Finishing as a top raider is based on speed. Now it will be based on who will be willing to stay in a raid the longest, without chatting. And believe me, chatting is the thing keeping this game alive for me at least. Hopefully you will reconsider this update.. err.. actually a downdate. Please listen to the players on this. Thanks you
OriginalSpoonster

Postby Romain » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:39 pm

To play the devil's advocate, I think haste elixir was overpowered. Even with a 15% bonus, this is a really good elixir: if you have 40% haste, the 15% bonus actually makes you 25% faster. On a shadow walker, add urgency and you're actually twice as fast.
So, ask for a refund of your last purchase and keep working, even try a 1H weapon maybe (he he he). After all, this is not very different from the fact that suddenly with 1.5 your haste went from 45% to 30% with the same equipment.

Apart from that, it always struck me as very immature to announce changes at the last minute without giving people time to react. It's taken me by surprise a few times and I wasn't so happy. So I'm glad to see other people agree on that and I hope Venan can improve the communication in the future.
Romain

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates