Server Maintenance - February 28, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - February 28, 2013

Postby Little_Mike » Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:20 pm

I think you are misunderstanding my post, I guess it is a little confusing.

Normally we would only refund items that have been purchased within 3 days.

However, we will refund all Elixirs of Haste that were purchased before this update. After 3 days, we will no longer do this.

In short, if you want a refund, please simply send us a customer support email. Thanks.
Little_Mike

Postby MariKissMas » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:02 pm

Enough bitching about the haste reductions and how badly they have hit the sw. I agree, but the venan 6 can just rationalize away anything they want to say it is to better balance the game. Obviously our words will not change anything. STOP PLAYING YOUR SW UNTIL IT IS RETURNED TO IT'S PRE 1.5 GLORY. That they will hear.
MariKissMas

Postby PIN_Evologist » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:07 pm

I appreciate that Venan has been so forthright in answering the concerns of players, and I respect the apology for the short notice.

However, I really would like to weigh in on one issue here that really is a little disheartening.

The recipe for haste is (arguably) the hardest recipe to farm for in this game. For completionists who just want it on their list, it's a great personal achievement. For hardcore raiders, it's an essential component in their rotation.

By reducing the bonuses on this recipe, you are removing the reason to farm it.

Venan, what's the chances, if we ask nicely, that you could replace the bonus from the potion with perhaps an achievement for farming it? This way, those who are farming it for completion can have a reward, and those who have lost the bonus can have a small amount of training points to distribute onto another stat in replacement for the loss.

My $0.02
PIN_Evologist

Postby EricM » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:20 pm

I really feel like everyone is over-reacting.

Firstly, this update applies to a very select number of very high might players. The vast majority of the general player base will see little to no problem with their daily routine.

Secondly, it totally makes sense as a balance issue. 90% haste is broken any way you look at it. That's 10x the dps of a regular character. It's more of an exploitation than anything else. I understand that plenty of time was wasted obtaining the recipes and it feels like less of an achievement now, but games do need to find their balance and things will need to be tweaked time to time.

Sure, venan could have given us a better warning, but honestly, they've made up for that by refunding all elixirs.
EricM

Postby Rabid_Old_Lady » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Zaja wrote:Less haste = receive more damage = use more health potions = increased silver sales
Just my opinion

I usually sell 5-10 each of Powerful and Large every day because I'm limited to 99 in inventory; and the silver gained is barely worth hitting the silly button over and over again in Majerio's shop.

I was certainly disappointed when my current spec WM went from 45% haste to 30% (thanks v1.5) and I just gave up Onslaught as WM seem to be disadvantaged in that arena, but I wonder just how many have peaked past 75%. I know of a couple in my guild and they aren't happy but they're also the die-hards that enjoy the game as much for the player interaction as anything else.

The warning (or lack thereof) is probably the worst part about this whole update which somehow got classified as "server maintenance". Hopefully Venan will learn that lesson for the next time they choose to nerf anything :). Regardless, it looks like I'll still be playing.
Rabid_Old_Lady

Postby Bbbb » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:20 am

Rabid_Old_Lady wrote:I was certainly disappointed when my current spec WM went from 45% haste to 30% (thanks v1.5)

You don't understand what happened if you are complaining about that. Everything including the monsters took the same hit. You did not gain or lose any haste relative to anything else in the game.

Also, you didn't go from 45% to 30%. I was at 45% and I only went down to around 40%. I know because I had all 3 of my toons right at 45% so I would get 50% will guild bonus.
Bbbb

Postby Mikl » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:42 pm

Tennischamp5 wrote:I really feel like everyone is over-reacting.
Firstly, this update applies to a very select number of very high might players. The vast majority of the general player base will see little to no problem with their daily routine.

The players most affected are those that planned to use the 'exploit' of stacking haste bonuses.
I too can sympathise with the players that grinded their way to the haste recipe, but it's not like it's totally useless now, I will probably go for it myself with my main after my enchants are maxed.

What baffles me is that a number of experienced BoH players express surprise and chock over the system tweak. I've been around since 1.3 and seen the major overhauls of the equipment system and the skill system, and there is almost nothing of importance in the system that has not been modified at some point.

As the devs explained in this thread, if you come across something in the game that even remotely looks like an exploit, you cannot assume it will work that way forever.

Long-time BoH players should not need to have this explained to them!
Mikl

Previous

Return to Game Updates