Update 1.3 Progress

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Update 1.3 Progress

Postby Lord_Venan » Fri May 18, 2012 11:00 am

I wanted to give everyone an update on our progress with 1.3

We sent off our candidate to Apple last Friday evening (5/11), and are still awaiting their approval. We are hopeful that it will get done in the next couple of days or so.

To keep everyone in the loop, there are three things that need to happen for us to release.

1. Client is approved by Apple
2. Android client is QA'd internally and ready to go
3. The game database is up to date and ready for everyone

Because we only support one set of servers for everyone, both Android and iOS get released at the same time. Right now Android is pretty much ready to go. For the Android users out there, we've fixed a lot of the crashing issues and also have it working off the SD card now, so it won't take up a ton of space anymore.

The last one we are still working on and hope to have it wrapped up shortly. Basically all the encounters, raids, items, etc. in the game we can update via our server so right now we are just testing to make sure all the new balance changes haven't busted anything and all the battles are balanced well. That's actually a ton of work to get done, but we're pretty close.

My goal is to have it released by Wednesday next week. Apple, if past performance is an indicator, should be done by then, Android should be ready to go and all the balancing tweaks should be tested.

Thanks for your patience everyone. Obviously taking this long is not something we like doing, and I'm sure we're losing customers by the day, but we are working as hard and quickly as possible to get this in your hands.

The finish line is just ahead!
Lord_Venan

Re: Patch 1.3 Update

Postby Th8rgoddess » Fri May 18, 2012 6:46 pm

Though some people may have gotten impatient the loyal players appreciate keeping us in the loop & taking the time to make sure things work correctly.
Th8rgoddess

Postby Psychoxblade » Fri May 18, 2012 10:04 pm

Excellent! I was just getting ancy for an update on the patch :)
Psychoxblade

Postby BrettvG » Sat May 19, 2012 7:11 am

Yay, now I know when I'm going to be hiding away and playing games again :P

Good week for releases too, there's some good ones coming out :)
KotOR is the way to go!
BrettvG

Postby Knagrim » Sat May 19, 2012 11:40 am

Yay! Days of farming ice lord are coming to an end!!
Knagrim

Postby DuneBlythe » Mon May 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Lord_Venan wrote:also have it working off the SD card now, so it won't take up a ton of space anymore.

I love you
DuneBlythe

Postby TalariusRex » Wed May 23, 2012 11:39 pm

Just irritated that all my items are now useless. And the 5 part quest for the amulet also gives a useless item. Sigh. Not fun for older players especially for those who are not rich enouh to buy all the new items.
Last edited by TalariusRex on Thu May 24, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
TalariusRex

Postby Rabid_Old_Lady » Thu May 24, 2012 8:55 pm

TalariusRex wrote:Just irritated that all my items are now useless. And the 5 part quest for the amulet also gives a useless item. Sigh. Not fun for older players especially for those who are not rich enouh to buy all the new items.

Yeah I wish the legacy items weren't so quickly disposed...I'd just finished getting everything updated to the max and it seems they are somewhat obsolete. But overall the update is much needed and very much appreciated!
Rabid_Old_Lady

Return to Game Updates