Server Maintenance - February 5, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Server Maintenance - February 5, 2013

Postby Little_Mike » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:40 pm

There will be a short server maintenance on Tuesday, February 5 at 11 AM EST/4 PM GMT. This maintenance is expected to last approximately 30 minutes.

As a side note, server stability issues are being worked on separately since it does not require down time. We hope to resolve these issues we have been seeing soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Items
  • The Elixirs of Commerce now discounts Material purchases properly.
  • Minor Runes now take precedence over Major Runes in the combat bar.

Enchanting
  • The Initiative Enchantment percent bonus is now 1% per level instead of 0.1%.
  • Updated the Enchantment recipe descriptions to include the percent bonus per level.
  • Updated the Transfer Plate description to be more descriptive about not being able to increase the Enchantment's level if the Recipe is not learned.

Zones
  • The Black Market location has been moved in order to not overlap with another location.

User Interface
  • Fixed a minor interface issue with the Workshop confirmation screen.
  • Updated the profanity filter.
Little_Mike

Re: Server Maintenance - February 5, 2013

Postby HJ_KrakenSlayer » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:48 pm

Is this also going to fix the server glitches? Another one earlier tonight, and yesterday...?
HJ_KrakenSlayer

Postby Little_Mike » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:52 pm

KrakenSlayer wrote:Is this also going to fix the server glitches? Another one earlier tonight, and yesterday...?

This maintenance is purely for updating content. We have been working on the server stability issues separately since they do not require any down time.
Little_Mike

Postby EJ_ItalyWarrior » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:44 pm

I am about to stop all schedule raids at Europe Just due to server problems, until we dont have some less vague annoncement that server problems are resolved.
EJ_ItalyWarrior

Postby Ariane » Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:56 pm

Little_Mike wrote:[*]Updated the Transfer Plate description to be more descriptive about not being able to increase the Enchantment's level if the Recipe is not learned.

Do you mind explaining what a transfer plate is?
I was tempted to buy one but decided not to, due to the lack of explanation.

One of them was "increase magical damage" and required the initial skill. What is dropping this skill? (or what quest?).
If the skill can only be bought from the Black Market, I guess you should allow us to buy the skill before putting a transfer plate...

Thank you,

Ariane
Ariane

Postby Romain » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:17 pm

EJ_Italywarrior wrote:I am about to stop all schedule raids at Europe Just due to server problems, until we dont have some less vague annoncement that server problems are resolved.

Italy Warrior, if you do that, you'll miss a lot of fun. Nothing better than frenetically trying to log in every 30 seconds for the past 30 minutes of the raid, to finally get in 10 minutes before the end, shield your way back on track while trying to battle the lag, get booted again and miss gold by 30 seconds with plenty of energy left. Without this, raids would be boring. :twisted:

OK I'm making fun but so far stability hasn't been too bad. So as long as we get a compensation, I understand that this can happen once in a while. Overall Venan is doing a great job and I'm not overly worried.
Romain

Postby EJ_ItalyWarrior » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Oh...i had a lot of fun lately...excactly the kind of fun you are talking about... :D

on a more serious note...i understand it can happen once in a while.....in this case is a direct consequence of V actions...publicity to get more players, it worked well (btw, very happy to have new ppl around)...lot of new players...server overload. Let's call it bad planning. Really hope the fix is a TOP priority.
And yes....as long as we get.....
EJ_ItalyWarrior

Postby Little_Mike » Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:01 pm

Ariane wrote:
Little_Mike wrote:[*]Updated the Transfer Plate description to be more descriptive about not being able to increase the Enchantment's level if the Recipe is not learned.

Do you mind explaining what a transfer plate is?
I was tempted to buy one but decided not to, due to the lack of explanation.

One of them was "increase magical damage" and required the initial skill. What is dropping this skill? (or what quest?).
If the skill can only be bought from the Black Market, I guess you should allow us to buy the skill before putting a transfer plate...

Thank you,

Ariane

Transfer Plates are items that will allow you to enchant a piece of gear with the enchantment on the plate itself. So if it says Magic: Transfer Plate [Spirit Damage Bonus III], then you can use that item to place a Spirit Damage Bonus III enchant on any of your Magic type items (amulet, ring, cloak). The note in the description simply tries to explain that you cannot increase the enchantment's level by empowering unless you have learned the recipe. So you can still apply the Spirit Damage Bonus III enchantment but you cannot empower it to level IV (4) until you have learned the Recipe for Spirit Damage Bonus.

I hope that makes sense. I have changed the description so it says "Can only increase in level if Enchantment Recipe has been learned." Before it said you could only Empower if the recipe has been learned but I think people are confusing Empowering with Enchanting, so I hope this description will make it more apparent.
Little_Mike

Postby DarthPaff » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:10 pm

Any plans on fixing the problem with chat described here with this maintenance?

Oda_Galen2 wrote:1) before the chat behavior was: if a msg had been typed and you pressed somewhere other than send or keys, it kept your msg there, but didn't send. This was useful if for example you realize that you're in the wrong channel. Switch channels and then send. Also if you pressed back it cancelled. Useful if you change your mind. Now the new behavior is that it sends the msg in these cases this is useful absolutely never and is not intuitive. The presence of the send button implies that you need to press it to send. Now canceling a message is tedious instead of quick.
\m/
DarthPaff

Postby Little_Mike » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:29 pm

DarthPaff wrote:Any plans on fixing the problem with chat described here with this maintenance?

Oda_Galen2 wrote:1) before the chat behavior was: if a msg had been typed and you pressed somewhere other than send or keys, it kept your msg there, but didn't send. This was useful if for example you realize that you're in the wrong channel. Switch channels and then send. Also if you pressed back it cancelled. Useful if you change your mind. Now the new behavior is that it sends the msg in these cases this is useful absolutely never and is not intuitive. The presence of the send button implies that you need to press it to send. Now canceling a message is tedious instead of quick.

Unfortunately we can't fix that with downloadable content. We are aware of this issue and believe me, it bugs the heck out of us too! However, we can't fix it until the next client update. :(
Little_Mike

Next

Return to Game Updates