Update 1.5.3 - January 31, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Patch 1.5.2 - PREVIEW

Postby Corran_Horn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:49 am

Grnm wrote:I am surprised nobody asked this question yet. :mrgreen: Any rough time estimates as to the release date? Thanks!

I spoke to lady Katy in global a when the preview first came out. She said that its been sent to apple. That means that it will be available soon after they approve it. Approval by apple is unpredictable sometimes it take a day or two other times it takes weeks so I'm afraid a rough time frame would be some point between now and a months time
Corran_Horn

Postby Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:52 am

I'm glad that the Melee SW is getting a boost with Dual Wield, that will help secure the SW Melee build as I feel it should be Melee based instead of Magic.

I have a WM, and they are OP by far, I can't remember the last time I used a potion outside of a level 2+ portal. I agree with the MINOR change of the Frozen and the reduction of time on Ice Lance. Or did I miss something else, because all I see changed are those 2 things, I don't feel that this is even going to have any effect in how my WM plays, I don't count on Frozen to proc and when it does its just a bonus, enemy still dies, most of the time without even touching, even if it NEVER proced. So I don't understand the lamenting...
Last edited by Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hachiman_Defender_of_Oda

Postby Musketeer » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Romain wrote:
Happykillmore wrote: I would like anyone who has plays other games describe how nerfing ever balanced out the game.

My SW used to kill at least one more wave than my mage in WoF onslaught with 2k might less, which was a clear balance problem. This got corrected, but now my mage is completely overpowered compared to my SW, so I understand the need for a nerf.

You can choose to adapt your gameplay to kill as fast as possible and take damage, or to avoid damage but need more actions to kill. Other classes don't give you that much of a choice because they don't have that many skills to avoid damage.

Several people have said it, Romain as well as anyone, that the WM is overpowered and needs to be reduced a tad. These changes should do it, and if they are too much Venan will adjust accordingly in another update.

In 1.4 the SW was too good in onslaught. In 1.5 the WM is a little too powerful compared to the other classes. At around 14500 might I can run a whole GK raid with barely a scratch unless the enemy suprises me. That's too powerful at that might level, when there are already toons on 26k might.

I run one of each character type with very similar might, and the WM is easily the most powerful. My SW is the weakest, I suspect because I have no dodge gems and thus get hit too often. In 1.4 I never had any need to dodge, but in 1.5 it's become a key skill for a SW.
Musketeer

Postby Ariane » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:48 pm

Musketeer wrote:At around 14500 might I can run a whole GK raid with barely a scratch unless the enemy suprises me. That's too powerful at that might level, when there are already toons on 26k might.

On the other end Venan shouldn't balance a game just for high end players. A game shouldn't be balanced taking only the most experienced players / top players into consideration, but the average players (OR maybe the part of the game population that brings the most revenue - and it is not always the top players when you factor numbers.)

I have spent a lot of time playing this game (a bit less recently I confess) and I am still not at 14500 might.This is with full tier 12 gear (used to be top gear) and many lvl 4 gems.

Don't nerf the game I play because 10 players are with top gear and 20k+ might, showing 25k damage when I am happy with a crit of 6k...

If someone becomes OP with 20 or 26k might, just start a formula of diminishing return so the power increase isn't linear anymore.
Ariane

Postby Philc » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:57 am

Quick question: will the energy regen enchantment be released with the update?
Thanks
Philc

Re: Patch 1.5.3 - PREVIEW

Postby Little_Mike » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Earlier this week, crucial errors were found in the 1.5.2 client which we had to revoke. We have made a new build 1.5.3, however, it was inadvertently turned on today for Android. We have quickly reverted the Android client back to 1.5.1. If you see 1.5.3 public, do not download it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Little_Mike

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:19 am

I wonder if the folks reviewing the patch have WMs who love their Ice Lance knockback. It might be a while before the patch is approved. :)
NikoNarf_1

Postby Grnm » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:23 am

Uh, any news on the Patch? Was it submitted to Apple? Thank you!
Grnm

Postby Little_Mike » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:13 pm

Version 1.5.3 will be released on Thursday, January 31 at 2 PM EST / 7 PM GMT. We expect the maintenance to take about 3 hours. Final build notes will be posted soon.
Little_Mike

Re: Patch 1.5.3 - January 31, 2013

Postby Little_Mike » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:14 pm

We have changed the time for the maintenance to tomorrow, January 31. We are sorry for the short notice.
Little_Mike

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates