Update 1.5 - December 20, 2012

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Patch 1.5 - December 20, 2012 [PREVIEW]

Postby Little_Mike » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:19 am

THTan wrote:The update sounds interesting. New learning process but interesting nonetheless - quick question, what will the top finisher medals be used for - crafting materials?

The top finisher medals are not used at this time. We have a plan for them, but not for 1.5.

Philc wrote:About luck and the additional loot, what would it be? If a monster normally drops 500 silver, does it mean he will drop 2 stacks of it instead? Or will they drop items I couldn't get without luck?

Great updates anyway! Can't wait!

If you get a successful Luck roll, it will roll all loot a second time. An example:

Say you have a loot table that is: (Not real numbers, by the way)
100% - Silver 100-200
10% - Tier 2 Gem

Your first roll is 110 Silver. Then you win bonus loot. Your second roll is 190 Silver and a Tier 2 Gem. At the end, you would get 300 Silver and a Tier 2 Gem.

At the moment, there aren't any items that will drop that requires Luck.
Little_Mike

Postby Little_Mike » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:10 am

TCG_japster wrote:
Little_Mike wrote:[*]Fire Mastery (Passive): Increases the critical hit power of Fire spells by 15%/30%/45%.

[*]Burning stacks up to 3 times. Each stack deals 100% weapon damage over 5 seconds.

Awesome changes, but the nerd in me would like to check if Fire Mastery bonus also applies to the burning DoT? Doing some number crunching here so I would appreciate it.

Lastly, does every new application of the burning DoT refresh the stack timer entirely (since damage is spread over 5 seconds, and I assume it's 1second per tick, i.e. 20% wpn damage per sec), OR does it merely add another stack which has its own independent timer? I hope it's the latter, because the if the former mechanic is used, then DoT damage may never properly realize its potential since every fire spell cast would just refresh the timer and the damage only kicks in after 1 second. I.e. unless you wait for more than 1 second to cast your next fire spell, the DoT damage won't kick in.

Thanks again, <3 the patch so far (from reading changes at least).

Sorry for the late reply, I had to look this up. So yes, Fire Mastery should apply to the Burning DoT as well.

You are correct to assume that with Burning that it does 20% damage every second for 5 seconds. At this time, when you refresh/put a new stack of the DoT, it will reset the DoT triggering timer. However, we will most likely be changing this in 1.5.2 so that it doesn't do this anymore.
Little_Mike

December 20, 2012 [PREVIEW]

Postby Ridious » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:34 am

Thought there was going to be pvp. Fail patch in my eyes. Where's the pvp?!!
Ridious

Re: December 20, 2012 [PREVIEW]

Postby Bbbb » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:24 pm

Ridious wrote:Thought there was going to be pvp. Fail patch in my eyes. Where's the pvp?!!

They have been saying for months that PvP wouldn't make this release.

Another question. Any chance of letting us know the min might for the first new raid? Just for guild planning purposes.
Bbbb

Postby Celestial_Cavalier » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:45 pm

Ridious wrote:Thought there was going to be pvp. Fail patch in my eyes. Where's the pvp?!!

Venan didn't say there would be pvp in 1.5. Rather they would be laying down the groundwork for pvp. We don't even know how the passive skills and enchantments would work out so to say the patch is fail in your eyes is quite premature. Reserve the judgment till you actually see what 1.5 is all about.
Celestial_Cavalier

Postby Little_Mike » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:52 pm

I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations, but there was a lot of rework that had to be done in order for pvp to be successful. Pre-1.5 the game was quite honestly not very balanced. There were a few issues that we wanted to address before moving into pvp:

1) Making the game more balanced (obviously).
2) Give the player more meaningful choices for builds and ways for improving their character.
3) Make combats more interesting with a proc system.
4) Make combats more streamlined by the removal of buffs.

Pvp will be coming, but we just had to address these issues first. Without proper groundwork, we believe that pvp would just crumble.
Little_Mike

Postby japster » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:09 pm

Little_Mike wrote:
Sorry for the late reply, I had to look this up. So yes, Fire Mastery should apply to the Burning DoT as well.

You are correct to assume that with Burning that it does 20% damage every second for 5 seconds. At this time, when you refresh/put a new stack of the DoT, it will reset the DoT triggering timer. However, we will most likely be changing this in 1.5.1 so that it doesn't do this anymore.

That will be perfect. Guess I'll have to look forward to 1.5.1 as well for the fire mage spec to be even more viable haha...thanks!
japster

Postby Grnm » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks for prompt answers, Little_Mike, you have to withstand just a couple more days of further moanings and groanings and smart questions from us until we all finally venture into the new 1.5 Age, hehe

A few smart questions, just incidentally:

1. Are you considering approaching transfer of items/currency between alts within one account at least as an extraordinary/costly occurence, worth xxx gs (like change of names/appearance via Claude's) any time soon, say in 1.5.1?
2. Will any kind of valor and/or runes be used for enchantments?
3. Just two cv raids means you still expect the majority of ppl to do kv raids.. Any plans to increase the amount of raids, esp. onslaught?
4. Does Alchemist's lb nerfing involve generally less rewards?
Ty
Grnm

Postby Little_Mike » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:06 pm

Grnm wrote:Thanks for prompt answers, Little_Mike, you have to withstand just a couple more days of further moanings and groanings and smart questions from us until we all finally venture into the new 1.5 Age, hehe

A few smart questions, just incidentally:

1. Are you considering approaching transfer of items/currency between alts within one account at least as an extraordinary/costly occurence, worth xxx gs (like change of names/appearance via Claude's) any time soon, say in 1.5.1?
2. Will any kind of valor and/or runes be used for enchantments?
3. Just two cv raids means you still expect the majority of ppl to do kv raids.. Any plans to increase the amount of raids, esp. onslaught?
4. Does Alchemist's lb nerfing involve generally less rewards?
Ty

1. 1.5.1 is mostly going to be a balance / bug fix patch. At this moment, I can't comment on when a feature like this will be implemented.
2. Enchantments will require a completely different type of material which you will find out about soon enough.
3. At the moment, the plan is for 2 new raids for CV. We do not have any plans at the moment for any more raids. We want to mainly see how these new changes affect the current raids before we do more with them.
4. We changed up the Alchemist Lockbox to include the new Captain's Valor which required some shifting around of percentages with the other currencies. However, I can say, you will get a good amount of rewards. Other than that, I won't comment on it any further.
Little_Mike

Postby Philc » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:22 am

Hi,

I was so excited by the update that I started planning my builds. However, I made my calculations, and it seems to me that the War mage is much stronger than the other two, especially for onslaughts (I hope I am mistaking!). Let me explain:

Justiciar:
-Passive: +30%dom with frenzy&weapon focus. If you count that:
-Mass attacks: Cleave 182%, Seismic 78%, Radiant light 104%
-Individual attacks: Smite 260%, Brutal strike 208%

Shadow walker:
-Passive: Dual wield means approx +20%dom. If you count that:
-Mass attacks: Acid spray 96%, Poison cloud 120 %
-Individual attacks: Toxic blade & Piercing strike 180%

War mage. Fire track for instance:
-Passive: Inner focus plus fire mastery +75%dom (!!!). If you count that:
-Mass attacks: Flaming pyre 245%. Better than 2 mass attacks from the others!!!
-Individual attacks: Incinerate 306% & Fire blast 210% on a burning target

Plus burning does more damage than bleeding and occurs more often.

So, where did I miscalculate? Of course, there is many things I did not take into account (great ideas like Riposte and Backswing), but the difference in damage (and so efficiency in onslaught) is overwhelming.

Doesn't mean I don't love 1.5. You really stopped clones. There is many different builds for each class. Plus passives are Great!
Philc

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates