Update 1.5 - December 20, 2012

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Patch 1.5 - December 20, 2012 [PREVIEW]

Postby Celestial_Cavalier » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Am I correct to assume that maximum skill points to allot would be 30?
Celestial_Cavalier

Postby Bbbb » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:08 pm

I have all of grnm's questions too.

Also, I think this is not right: "The global leaderboards no longer displays ties as the same rank. As an example, if multiple characters have the same hero score, characters who have obtained that hero score higher will be ranked higher." I suspect it should read "hero score first"
Bbbb

Postby Little_Mike » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 pm

Grnm wrote:Whoa.. A few immediate concerns
What will happen to unclaimed rewards attached to top xxx finisher letters?
Will the inventory max items be increased?
Any new gems?
Will the health increase be applied retroactively?
Re alchemist boxes, are you just adding captain valor or more serious nerfing is meant?
Any changes to the prices of, say, t4 gems?
Thanks!

The unclaimed blessing rewards will become elixirs.
At the moment the inventory max size will not increase, but this is something we want to address in a future patch.
There will be Tier 5 gems.
Yes, the health increase will be applied retroactively. So you will see an immediate increase in health when you first log in.
At the moment, there are no changes with the prices of Tier 4 gems, but this is subject to change.

Celestial_Cavalier wrote:Am I correct to assume that maximum skill points to allot would be 30?

Yes, the maximum will be 30 points.

Bbbb wrote:I have all of grnm's questions too.

Also, I think this is not right: "The global leaderboards no longer displays ties as the same rank. As an example, if multiple characters have the same hero score, characters who have obtained that hero score higher will be ranked higher." I suspect it should read "hero score first"

Thanks, that was a typo. You are correct, the first player to obtain a certain hero score will be ranked higher than any subsequent players who obtain the same hero score.
Little_Mike

Postby SДПКД » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:38 pm

I AM SO EXCITED VENAN!!! THANKS VERY MUCH for what looks to be a very good patch! CAN'T WAIT!!!! :-)
SДПКД

Postby japster » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Little_Mike wrote:[*]Fire Mastery (Passive): Increases the critical hit power of Fire spells by 15%/30%/45%.

[*]Burning stacks up to 3 times. Each stack deals 100% weapon damage over 5 seconds.

Awesome changes, but the nerd in me would like to check if Fire Mastery bonus also applies to the burning DoT? Doing some number crunching here so I would appreciate it.

Lastly, does every new application of the burning DoT refresh the stack timer entirely (since damage is spread over 5 seconds, and I assume it's 1second per tick, i.e. 20% wpn damage per sec), OR does it merely add another stack which has its own independent timer? I hope it's the latter, because the if the former mechanic is used, then DoT damage may never properly realize its potential since every fire spell cast would just refresh the timer and the damage only kicks in after 1 second. I.e. unless you wait for more than 1 second to cast your next fire spell, the DoT damage won't kick in.

Thanks again, <3 the patch so far (from reading changes at least).
japster

Postby Devilsmirk » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:54 am

While I understand why not being able to use seismic slash for a second would help balance for PvP, I completely disagree with that when I'm fighting NPC's. I should have all my abilities at my disposal when fighting a boss or raiding. Just leaves me with a sour taste. Rest of it looks great!
Devilsmirk

Postby THTan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:00 am

The update sounds interesting. New learning process but interesting nonetheless - quick question, what will the top finisher medals be used for - crafting materials?
THTan

Postby japster » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:23 am

Devilsmirk wrote:While I understand why not being able to use seismic slash for a second would help balance for PvP, I completely disagree with that when I'm fighting NPC's. I should have all my abilities at my disposal when fighting a boss or raiding. Just leaves me with a sour taste. Rest of it looks great!

I think the objective is to make fighting NPCs more challenging, and avoid those "perma-stun" situations. In the previous version of this game, 1.2-1.3, you could perma-stun/lock NPC timers with the right combination of skills. In a similar grain, maybe that's what the developers are trying to avoid by preventing the use of these push-back abilities right off the bat. It would possibly trivialize encounters further, as well as the re-done initiative system. After all, who cares if you get caught off-guard if you can just use your knock-back skills instantly to negate it?
japster

Postby Philc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:05 am

About luck and the additional loot, what would it be? If a monster normally drops 500 silver, does it mean he will drop 2 stacks of it instead? Or will they drop items I couldn't get without luck?

Great updates anyway! Can't wait!
Philc

Postby Timothy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:36 am

The update sounds good so far
Timothy

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates