Update 1.5 Design Notes - Part 1

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Patch 1.5 Design Notes - Part 1

Postby BC1919 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:17 pm

I started playing this about the time it came out. I stopped once I hit lvl 25 and had no more quest. playing just a bit here and there. I never deleted it and once I updated it I still let it set.
after a bit I decided to play again. I had missed what the updates had done and had to find a guild home and update my gear to accommodate the new way to play.
I liked the guild. It to me was a great upgrade. It now made it more interactive. The guild goals gave a new purpose. Although I didn't like how far behind I had to start because of the time I took off.

I generally do not like PvP. I find that usually someone gets a huge advantage or finds a way to cheat the system then makes it not worth it or super frustrating for others who play.

I do like the idea of more levels for the character. Maybe more quests also?
BC1919

Postby DeePapasan » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:30 am

FT_NikoNarf wrote:As acknowledged, many character builds currently revolve around offensive stats (haste, crit, crit power, magic, and melee). If the new system encourages a more balanced approach to stats, might there be some kind of gem exchange? If I currently have four blue +8 crit power gems, and in the new system I decide I would rather have two blue +8 crit power gems, one +8 magic resist, and one +8 physical resist, would this change be relatively easy? Or would I have to simply cash in my unwanted gems to silver and rebuild my valor stock through lots of raiding.

One consequence of this might be a lot of characters starting to hoard valor instead of spending to progress in the game, which for me takes away some of my motivation (I enjoy seeing the incremental increase in might over time).

One option might be a system where you could trade one tier level gem for another of the same tier by spending only 10% of the valor/silver/shields for the gem. So a character could purchase a +8 physical resist gem by trading in a +8 crit power gem and 300 kv, instead of paying 3000 kv.

On an unrelated note, I'm hoping for a price reduction in the barber shop. Maybe 2 gs for each change instead of 5 gs, or a 10gs "all you can change" buffet.

I've ten crit power Gems... Please do not just give me a few miserable silver pieces when I am force to sell them.
DeePapasan

Postby Biomom » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:31 pm

Hi again,
I just thought of another thing that it would be nice to get clarification on at some point: When new feats were added, those of us who had already accomplished them, we're automatically awarded those feats/hero tokens...as if the server had kept track of our progress all along. When the level cap is raised to 30, will a similar thing happen to those of us who have been playing for months after hitting level 25?
Thanks.
Biomom

Postby MemphisViking » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:36 am

Biomom wrote:When the level cap is raised to 30, will a similar thing happen to those of us who have been playing for months after hitting level 25?
Thanks.

I had the same question when the cap was raised to 25. The answer then was no.
MemphisViking

Postby Caveman » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:38 pm

I don't agree with your philosophy about giving and taking. First of all it's the job of developers to make the game better. I think it's not fair to reduce the crit power so many players earned with tier4 gems they paid with kv won in hard fights. We all spent money in gs to win KV to buy these gems. Consequence is: It makes no sense in this game to spend real money, because it's the second time you make players efforts useless by inventing a new system / changing it. A fair deal would be to give us a chance to change useless tier4 gems back to KV!!!! So show us that we can believe in your fairness !!!!!!!!
Caveman

Postby Peter34_merc » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:44 am

It seems as if in the current version of the game, the diminishing returns curves are VERY simplistic.

You first have a long phase where adding points to a stat gives a linear or proportional benefit, but then you hit a very strong change, reaching a stat value where it is basically meaningless to invest further, even if you kinda wanted to emphasize that one stat, e.g. Magic Resist, and you were perfectly willing to pay a higher cost for a reduced gain.

But not a sky-high cost for nearly no gain at all.

It would be very nice if 1.5 employs a diminishing returns function that is actually curvy, instead of one linear function which is then, above a certain value, replaced by a different linear function.
Peter34_merc

Postby Little_Mike » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:12 am

Caveman wrote:I don't agree with your philosophy about giving and taking. First of all it's the job of developers to make the game better. I think it's not fair to reduce the crit power so many players earned with tier4 gems they paid with kv won in hard fights. We all spent money in gs to win KV to buy these gems. Consequence is: It makes no sense in this game to spend real money, because it's the second time you make players efforts useless by inventing a new system / changing it. A fair deal would be to give us a chance to change useless tier4 gems back to KV!!!! So show us that we can believe in your fairness !!!!!!!!

All your Crit Power T4 gems will not be wasted. With the new system, your stats will never cap out from rating. You may hit diminishing returns, but having 20 Crit Power T4 gems will still be better than having 19 Crit Power T4 gems. I just wanted to bring that up.

As for refunds, we have not made a decision about that at this time. We will let you guys know if we do decide anything when we get closer to releasing 1.5.
Little_Mike

Postby Caveman » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:21 pm

All your Crit Power T4 gems will not be wasted. With the new system, your stats will never cap out from rating. You may hit diminishing returns, but having 20 Crit Power T4 gems will still be better than having 19 Crit Power T4 gems. I just wanted to bring that up.

As for refunds, we have not made a decision about that at this time. We will let you guys know if we do decide anything when we get closer to releasing 1.5.[/quote]

Thx for your reaction. Nice to see that u try to construct a fair game-system considering everyones wishes. *thumbs up *
Caveman

Postby Esbam » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:26 am

Please do not make it like Facebook dog wars where everyone can attack you. Make an arena or something.I dont want my character ruined by bullys.Thanks, esbamm2525@Yahoo
Esbam

Postby Celestial_Cavalier » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:20 am

Esbam wrote:Please do not make it like Facebook dog wars where everyone can attack you. Make an arena or something.I dont want my character ruined by bullys.Thanks, esbamm2525@Yahoo

Venan has already confirmed that PvP is voluntary so no need to worry. Btw is Part 2 of the update being given anytime soon?
Celestial_Cavalier

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates