I Keep Coming Back, But I always Quit

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

I Keep Coming Back, But I always Quit

Postby Gearic » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:49 pm

This game needs some attention. I have played on and off for a few years now, and I still come back for events occasionally, but I can never bear to hang around for long.

Devs have yet to add anything new and engaging since PvP. We got a level cap increase with a couple cool new raids, but the novelty ran out quick. We haven't seen any radically different mechanics at all.

We need more ways to interact directly with other players. Whether this is X vs. X in PvP, or 2 or 3 person teams vs. raid bosses, or something completely different, we need some new ways to play.

We badly need catch-up mechanics. The slow grind to the level cap made since when it was a lower cap. The slow grind from the old cap to the new cap made sense when it was new. Now, there just isn't any reason for it to take so long to level through all of the content. PvP helps, but we either need a flat cut the amount of energy needed to level in the 30s, or a huge bonus to lower tier valor rewards and some way to turn your killing power into better XP (maybe solo onslaught dungeons, or something).

We also want to hear from the devs. We want to know we aren't on permanent maintenance mode. I can't imagine why anyone still thinks you deserve GS purchases or patronage of any kind. If you're doing anything more than flipping the switches on and off for events, and giving an occasional new piece of event equipment with an extra tier, you don't deserve player support.

This game has potential. Invest something in it. Your long-term loyal players deserve2 it. I can't imaging how people can bear the grind to 90k+ might when you give us so little to stay engaged.
Gearic

Re: I Keep Coming Back, But I always Quit

Postby Bbbb » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:35 am

Gearic wrote: I can't imaging how people can bear the grind to 90k+ might when you give us so little to stay engaged.

Each person has their own goals. I don't get how Derrin and some others stay interested grinding the same maxed toon day after day. However, the grind you are talking about I'm totally into. My Mage and Justi got there long ago. My FK and SW are on the brink - have the mats (except for a few indigo flux) - just wanting on the enchanting to finish. Now I am having fun with the FW and Inq.

When I finish that, I may rebuild the Inq so I can do both 1H and 2H. Beyond that, I'm not sure what is left for me though.

I have played many other F2P games - all of them have basically the same issue. I have always felt Venan's core problem has been player recruitment. If we had a bigger player base, there would be money to expand the game.
Bbbb

Postby Mr_Op » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:37 am

I have maxed 3 toons (enchant wise) I still have fun playing some of my maxed toons in PvP and PvE. More than anything the "Vets" stick around because of the community and our (whatever is left) faith in Venan to produce more content for out favorite game.
Mr_Op

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:36 pm

I like my big toons but there's only so many times you can run the same raids before serious boredom sets in. The new classes are much more interesting at the minute and worth investing time in just to see how they do, though Inq seems ridiculously easy in OS. But I think Venan stopped caring about balance a long time ago.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:52 am

Illy_the_Red wrote: Inq seems ridiculously easy in OS.

It does make KFS a total joke.

However, you haven't spent enough time in TSR P3 with a 2H Inq. It is the hardest toon to survive that though you get good RPP if you do.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:35 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote: Inq seems ridiculously easy in OS.

It does make KFS a total joke.

However, you haven't spent enough time in TSR P3 with a 2H Inq. It is the hardest toon to survive that though you get good RPP if you do.

I see Danae trash it every day, like SW it will merely be what build and tools you need to survive. No class is straight up easy in that phase, that's why it's the endgame raid.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:04 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:I see Danae trash it every day, like SW it will merely be what build and tools you need to survive. No class is straight up easy in that phase, that's why it's the endgame raid.

FK is straight up easy. Low side RPP per 10e, but fast kills (RPP per minute is good), very little health pot usage, and no danger of dying if you know what you are doing. You don't even have to attempt to stop rampage. I believe Mage is straight up easy too but I haven't done it enough to say that with 100% certainty.
Bbbb

Postby Saraa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Bbbb wrote:FK is straight up easy. Low side RPP per 10e, but fast kills (RPP per minute is good), very little health pot usage, and no danger of dying if you know what you are doing. You don't even have to attempt to stop rampage. I believe Mage is straight up easy too but I haven't done it enough to say that with 100% certainty.

Assuming you're running a haste elixir, FK is the easiest class to run through P3 if SR. Except on rare occasion where chill and hypo are being constantly resisted, I rarely use more than 1-2 vile potions and it's not uncommon to not use any. Mage is a close second but there are more situations where you can get yourself into trouble(i.e. constant rampage/resists/long periods without crits). Overall, if you know what you're doing with both classes it's fairly easy to find your way out of these situations. As for RPP/round, mage still reigns supreme but as I've maxed damage enchants for FK, it's not that far behind, especially considering the RPP/min Bbbb mentioned.
Saraa

Postby Ares_Jedi_God » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:00 pm

Is Bbbb new to BOH? I never heard of her nor seen her in raids or pvp. I'm not sure, but this Bbbb might be a troll. As to the game, I still enjoy it. No complaints from me.
Ares_Jedi_God

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:59 am

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:I see Danae trash it every day, like SW it will merely be what build and tools you need to survive. No class is straight up easy in that phase, that's why it's the endgame raid.

FK is straight up easy. Low side RPP per 10e, but fast kills (RPP per minute is good), very little health pot usage, and no danger of dying if you know what you are doing. You don't even have to attempt to stop rampage. I believe Mage is straight up easy too but I haven't done it enough to say that with 100% certainty.

No class is easy in that phase unless you actually know what you're doing. That's the point. It's meant to be like that. No class is easy in TSR like they get in other raids in the game, that's for damn sure.

Some classes are easier than others once you hit a certain might and prepare properly. Mages, Inquisitors and FKs all seem to fall into the easy mode bracket. I often don't bother to stop rampage too, since they stopped it being absolutely ridiculous insta-death and on half the time it's not that bad.
Illy_the_Red

Next

Return to Discussions