Once Upon a Time

For all your non-Book of Heroes discussion needs.

Once Upon a Time

Postby Sàlád_ » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:01 pm

This is a thread to relive things we all may have forgotten.

1.To reset your abilities it cost G'S.
2.BoH started without a chat feature.
3.There was also a time without raids... and PvP
4.The Devs actually used to play with us
5.There was a mod who got perm banned :)
6.At one time Bims had no one on his iggy
7.Venan almost made us all keep one name forever
8.An entire guild was banned from boh for skunking and harassment.
9.There used to be no guild loyalty
10.You used to have to join guilds to "merc"

and so many more please keep adding to this thread.
Sàlád_

Re: Once Upon a Time

Postby AmyLoo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:23 pm

6 hour Helion raid
AmyLoo

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:25 pm

People used to mob certain raids and then leave, meaning the rewards only went to the guild toons that needed it :) good times
Illy_the_Red

Postby Jumper » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:27 pm

Daily PoF CK raid!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jumper

Postby Bbbb » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Sàlád_ wrote:5.There was a mod who got perm banned :)
8.An entire guild was banned from boh for skunking and harassment.

How did I not know these things? Who in both cases?

SW's used to not suck due to Vanish. +50% crit and crit power ability.

Max might used to be around 14.4K if I remember right when WoF was the top raid.

WoF 1.0 had 3 long phases of Trask. Even KOTOR I think only ran this raid twice cause it sucked so much.

WoF 2.0 had a player instant death bug in P4 if you got hit by a Troll.

CoC has been through the most revisions. 6e, different timers, different difficulties.

Guild Masters used to be able to punt people out of raids. Leading to the hilarious Marduknol meltdown and the feature being removed.

The reason Hero Score is limited by level is because of two players who would cheese the weekly Hero Score rankings by starting the long lost Shadow Comes raid, generating a bunch of HS, and cancelling the raid so they could restart it anytime.

There was a brief lived max raiders per raid feature.

I remember saying the first time I ran KFS that I would never run it again. It was limited to 20 raiders and everyone's toons were hopelessly underpowered.

Forgotten Sentinels was the best KV level raid but it has been gone for 4 years.
Bbbb

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:14 am

13,450 was top might for a while when Captain's was top valour

Mages were briefly even more OP than they are when they implemented 2.0...people ran test OS raids and obliterated anyone else not a Mage...

Gold raids in 1.6 were almost impossible for a brief period

There was once a time when all everyone wanted was more LoB raids..

Speed run tournaments were once a thing as were other more unusual events

There used to be guild families with enough players/toons for one guild per valour tier..

People would pop in and out of guilds to say hi

Global (English) was once the only public chat

You only used to be able to put one enchantment on gear...and only up to level VI

'How do you play this game' was such a frequently asked question Venan disabled chat on new toons until you hit a certain level :D
Illy_the_Red

Postby Shekka » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:58 am

Venan used to have GS sales. Regularly.
Shekka

Postby Bbbb » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:15 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:'How do you play this game' was such a frequently asked question Venan disabled chat on new toons until you hit a certain level :D

I thought it was because silenced players would create new accounts and be able to cause trouble right away. In particular, I remember Lady Katy silencing Beener with a comment of "Enough from the Peanut Gallery". Then Beener created an account called PeanutGallery to continue chatting.
Bbbb

Postby Derrin_Watson » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:55 pm

Bbbb wrote:I thought it was because silenced players would create new accounts and be able to cause trouble right away. In particular, I remember Lady Katy silencing Beener with a comment of "Enough from the Peanut Gallery". Then Beener created an account called PeanutGallery to continue chatting.

The aforementioned Beener asked me to mention that the PeanutGallery account is still permanently silenced.
Derrin_Watson

Postby Illy_the_Red » Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:57 am

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:'How do you play this game' was such a frequently asked question Venan disabled chat on new toons until you hit a certain level :D

I thought it was because silenced players would create new accounts and be able to cause trouble right away. In particular, I remember Lady Katy silencing Beener with a comment of "Enough from the Peanut Gallery". Then Beener created an account called PeanutGallery to continue chatting.

Ah the halcyon days of there actually being people like that...

That may have been another factor but it was usually pretty obvious when someone created a new account and came back. We were continually seeing the same question from folk who had clearly just created a character and jumped into chat. So chat was disabled until lvl 4 so that people would follow the tutorial and actually learn about the game before they could start asking questions in global.
Illy_the_Red

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussions