Community Design Challenge!

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby Saraa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:54 am

The real problem is they brought back HS payout for toons over lvl 35 without adjusting it down like it should have been. I agree that the old HS payout format was fine as is but also understand why they did it I just think that when it was brought back it should of also been scaled down. They messed with alot of stuff in CoC and KFS is fine as is, just the HS payout needs adjusting.
Saraa

Postby Kenner » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:50 pm

So what i have been thinking: All monsters up to 5 lvls Lower pay their regular HS. All monsters below that lvl pay 1/2/3 hero score based om their rank (normal/Elite/Boss)
Kenner

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:52 pm

Saraa wrote:The real problem is they brought back HS payout for toons over lvl 35 without adjusting it down like it should have been. I agree that the old HS payout format was fine as is but also understand why they did it I just think that when it was brought back it should of also been scaled down. They messed with alot of stuff in CoC and KFS is fine as is, just the HS payout needs adjusting.

Equally easy to just restore the old means of tracking HS (by level) as that was the original reason it was brought in - to stop 'abuse'. Or to just make the top raids pay out as they should. Not sure why the only answer is to nerf KFS whilst also nerfing it for the people actually at that level. It's the Crypt of Corruption problem all over again, they made a host of adjustments to that raid because high toons farmed it, included making it harder for the toons actually raiding it for valour. KFS is the same, it needs no tweaks. It's the scale of the rewards in higher raids that is causing it.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Kenner wrote:So what i have been thinking: All monsters up to 5 lvls Lower pay their regular HS. All monsters below that lvl pay 1/2/3 hero score based om their rank (normal/Elite/Boss)

My main question to the Devs would be why the old method of limiting HS to within a few levels of your toon was removed.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Saraa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:17 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote:
Saraa wrote:The real problem is they brought back HS payout for toons over lvl 35 without adjusting it down like it should have been. I agree that the old HS payout format was fine as is but also understand why they did it I just think that when it was brought back it should of also been scaled down. They messed with alot of stuff in CoC and KFS is fine as is, just the HS payout needs adjusting.

Equally easy to just restore the old means of tracking HS (by level) as that was the original reason it was brought in - to stop 'abuse'. Or to just make the top raids pay out as they should. Not sure why the only answer is to nerf KFS whilst also nerfing it for the people actually at that level. It's the Crypt of Corruption problem all over again, they made a host of adjustments to that raid because high toons farmed it, included making it harder for the toons actually raiding it for valour. KFS is the same, it needs no tweaks. It's the scale of the rewards in higher raids that is causing it.

Altering HS payout doesn't change the monster difficulty or valor/HT payout. It doesn't change the difficulty in any way. In fact, reverting it to the old HS pay system(by lvl) would be more detrimental as HS wouldn't pay out at all to end game toons, thus you wouldn't get the regular 5-10 HS farmers showing up to most open KGS raids because they would be trying to farm HS elsewhere.
Saraa

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:26 am

That's the point, isn't it? They would go and get HS where they probably should be - in the top raids. I like KFS but it's rare I spend all of my e in it because of the rush to complete the OS by big toons. Fewer of those in the raids would be a nice change and let new classes take it at a better pace. If they change it in one of the ways we suggested that should happen anyway.

I'm sure originally they never intended to nerf CoC...modifying the level at which you got HS worked perfectly. Then because people still used it to get more silver and Venan didn't like that, they decided to buff the monsters in it. That all started with abuse for HS and ended up penalising the lower toons doing it for valour. So the concern is the same would happen with KFS...first nerf HS compared to all other raids...then they'll find some way to make it harder to farm. It'll end up harder for those at about 12-15k might the raid is actually designed for. KFS needs no nerfs.

Therefore doing it by level is perfectly fine, it just means if you rush levelling like loads did you have to keep moving on to get HS. I'd prefer though for the HS in for example TSR to actually reflect the effort made in that raid. It's not massively difficult at high might but it's not the same story at the might req or even 10-20k above it.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:10 pm

Sorry but what is HS?

(and what has this discussion to do with new designs for the game? It sounds more like a complaint about something that needs to be fixed, I.e. desrving of its own thread)
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:59 pm

Dэяраliсюцs wrote:Sorry but what is HS?

(and what has this discussion to do with new designs for the game? It sounds more like a complaint about something that needs to be fixed, I.e. desrving of its own thread)

Hero Score.

Also, agree - it's more of a request/complaint than a design suggestion.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:01 am

Energy potions

Its frustrating to have 22 max energy or less for a toon and use a large energy potion to gain 24 energy, so you lose a potential 2e. I suggest that the system overcharge the toon by the excess energy until it is used. So it would show 24 out of 22, so no charging until used below 22, of course.

I have a bunch if resolve potions that I may never use because I don't PvP enough. I suggest that we should be able to enchant resolve potions into energy potions and vice versa.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:14 pm

For his quests, Claude should offer a complimentary change of hairstyle or whatever.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions