Community Design Challenge!

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby Saraa » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:39 am

In regards to HS payout for KFS OS:

It's become a little absurd how abused KFS has become for HS farming and how little it's actually used for toon growth/development. It's also silly that many can get about twice the HS payout in a round of KFS OS that's significantly easier than the 3 rounds of OS in the newest raids. I'd like to see the KFS HS payout at the very least be cut in half or by 2/3. Doing this would discourage the continued HS farming abuse that's going on and actually encourage more end game toons to participate in p3 of Sq and SR to earn HS.
I'm sure this will be highly unpopular from the HS farming crowd and many "excuses" will be used to mask the primarily farming purpose of KFS but all it would be doing is eliminating the "easy mode" and make people work a little harder for their HS.
Saraa
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby Gary_ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:41 pm

+1! I'd also love to revisit penalties for camping in non-onslaught phases then racing to take advantage of all the participants that worked to get there.
Gary_
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Tennessee

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:53 pm

Lord_Garic_ wrote:+1! I'd also love to revisit penalties for camping in non-onslaught phases then racing to take advantage of all the participants that worked to get there.


Let's not go too far. Most don't care about HS and KFS certainly IS used by people to grow their toons. I'm in several guilds that use it to farm resources and help with weeklies, not HS. Easiest way to avoid KFS being used in this way is to increase the HS per kill in the top raids rather than penalise toons that are actually at Captain's Valour level.

Camping in OS phases is par for the course. Many, many raids go gold because of mercs that do better than the guild toons in OS phases. The best way to avoid it is to close your raids, or open then use alts to push the non-OS phases. That's what many guilds do. A lot of others throw open full mercs, let their guildies camp and expect the mercs to push the raid.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby Gary_ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:24 pm

We'll have to agree to disagree. Campers, squatters or whatever, are a slap in the face.
Gary_
 
Posts: 381
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:35 am
Location: Tennessee

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby Bbbb » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:11 pm

Saraa wrote:It's become a little absurd how abused KFS has become for HS farming and how little it's actually used for toon growth/development.


It's funny you posted this today. I was talking to some people this afternoon and asking them why they were running KFS and they honestly admitted it was for HS.

Personally, I don't even touch that raid anymore. I don't need/want junk essence. Refined and pure is all I care about.
Bbbb
 
Posts: 2070
Joined: Thu May 31, 2012 11:53 pm

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:14 am

Bbbb wrote:
Saraa wrote:It's become a little absurd how abused KFS has become for HS farming and how little it's actually used for toon growth/development.


It's funny you posted this today. I was talking to some people this afternoon and asking them why they were running KFS and they honestly admitted it was for HS.

Personally, I don't even touch that raid anymore. I don't need/want junk essence. Refined and pure is all I care about.


Been in several this weekend just on one toon and they clearly weren't doing it for HS. Don't get why the GV raids don't just give a good payout of HS per kill, would solve the 'problem' very quickly.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:15 am

Lord_Garic_ wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree. Campers, squatters or whatever, are a slap in the face.


Maybe to certain guilds, but not most. Most open merc slots and are glad for the help they get.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby Saraa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:16 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:
Bbbb wrote:
Saraa wrote:It's become a little absurd how abused KFS has become for HS farming and how little it's actually used for toon growth/development.


It's funny you posted this today. I was talking to some people this afternoon and asking them why they were running KFS and they honestly admitted it was for HS.

Personally, I don't even touch that raid anymore. I don't need/want junk essence. Refined and pure is all I care about.


Been in several this weekend just on one toon and they clearly weren't doing it for HS. Don't get why the GV raids don't just give a good payout of HS per kill, would solve the 'problem' very quickly.


The HS payout of the new raids, with the exception of p3 of SR are par for the course. The fact that you can earn 1300-1700 or more HS in one round of KFS OS is absurd. Cutting the payout so that it's approx the same or slightly less as end game OS only makes sense. Also cutting HS payout has no effect on smaller toons looking to grow and benefit from KFS. I'd wager a fair bit of money that 3 of the top 5 toons on the current leaderboards got 60+% of that HS from KFS and it's probably even more than that.
Saraa
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:59 am

It's very obvious if you can get more in a lower raid than in a higher one, the higher one is not up to scratch. We've had this issue with nerfings of CoC before and randomly beefing up monsters in that raid, penalising the people that actually run it for valour and HT. Same should not be done with KFS. The same amounts of e spent should deliver higher HS in SQ and TSR than a captain raid.

Tbh the previous means of controlling HS seemed ok...within four levels you get it, otherwise you don't. Wouldn't affect top raids as those scale within 1-3 levels (or should be). We do see massive over-levelling in comparison with the gear/gems of toons these days, which becomes clear during events which scale to level.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby Sàlád_ » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:52 am

I'm one of the "onslaught" folks of BoH with me wm nowadays. If I'm going for a top 5 week imma hit alot of kfs. But, past that if I get 800hs in TSR and they get 1700hs in kfs I have the chance of getting 20 pures where they will only get 300 essence so I really don't care about what they do.
Sàlád_
 
Posts: 759
Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests