Tier 21 Weapon idea

What would you like to see in future updates?

Tier 21 Weapon idea

Postby Rauhede » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:00 pm

I have read many complaints in regard to a T21 necklace and a T21 ring acquired from events. It would stand to argue the illegitimacy of farming the endgame items. Namely, the Amulet of Creation, and the Ring of Eternity!

I propose a solution! Not only to complaints, but to hopeful onlookers as well!

{ How about making the T19 endgame items a necessity for the newest T21 type weapon that you intend to release in 2017? }

A fair argument? Those that invested long hours and time to farm, and got "fingered" when an event made them obsolete,.. And at the same time, give people who are hoping and praying for a T21 weapon, just that! Hehe

As a suggestion of this T21,.. Make it a craft-able piece of gear! One which includes taking a current weapon, and crafting it into something "vile" or anything else for that matter. But also have the need to wield both the Creation Amulet and the Eternity Ring,..

I'm looking forward to hearing opinions that suggest how the T21 weapon may go!

Thank you for your consideration,
Rau
Rauhede

Re: Tier 21 Weapon idea

Postby Holding_Cupids_Arrow_Phåse404 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:08 pm

As long as it doesn't require diamond gravers to craft, I'm for it.
Holding_Cupids_Arrow_Phåse404

Postby Cookies_UnholyCorruption » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:52 pm

Isn't it a little late for that, the amulet and ring already came out
Cookies_UnholyCorruption

Postby Cookies_UnholyCorruption » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:53 pm

Guess I should of read the whole thing lol
Cookies_UnholyCorruption

Postby Steerpike » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:42 pm

It's an excellent idea which fixes two glaring game problems at once.
Steerpike

Postby Rauhede » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:19 pm

Steerpike wrote:It's an excellent idea which fixes two glaring game problems at once.

I couldn't agree more! In which case this topic could use support!
Rauhede

Postby Arael » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:30 pm

Great idea :D like it!
Arael

Postby AmyLoo » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:50 pm

I agree that making the t19 items obsolete was annoying to those of us who grinded out all those Keepers. I would like to see that corrected in some way.

I do not think making them required for a t21 weapon is the solution though. Those Keepers can take ages to find. The rioting in global and forums would be monumental, unless everyone rage quit in protest.

I understand all "top" tier gear is eventually replaced and not "top" anymore, but the Keepers weren't just any tier.

I would like to see these items not completely negated but they should be kept to similar items. Make the ring a requirement for another ring. OR, make those items that took so much work worth a little GS if we sell it.
AmyLoo

Postby Rauhede » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:50 pm

So to clarify,.. One would have earned the end game gears, and then take a hero class specific piece of weaponry and craft it into the t21!
Rauhede

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:22 pm

Tbh there is little issue here. Think about how long the T19 items have been around, and how much everyone asked/complained for more gear.

It's been about two years now, so I'm not surprised Venan decided to release new gear. The game has lost too many players because they haven't released content at anywhere near decent pace.

If you have the amulet and ring but then got the new ones...well done. I've done it on toons that had the T19 items first, and others that didn't. You still have to clear the quests, and I imagine the ring will come in handy for another quest down the line. This is essentially the same question that was asked about the Karnak ring. Complained about T16 making that one obsolete, and now about T21 making these ones obsolete. It's bound to happen.

The easiest way is to just make them the focus of another quest in the future. Hunting the keepers took ages but that's what it took. It's very unsporting to say a player can't have a good item just because they didn't do a quest you did 2 years ago. We want newer players to feel welcome...high might and good gear isn't just the provision of long-timers. I've seen plenty of the new classes with T18-21 gear on fairly low might toons, and good for them. If you can dedicate the time/energy to getting an item, it's yours. There shouldn't even be level restrictions on items.
Illy_the_Red

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions