Winter Holiday Event 2015

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Winter Holiday Event 2015

Postby Gary_ » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:51 pm

I apologize
Last edited by Gary_ on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gary_

Postby Bbbb » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:00 pm

Prowl wrote: If one person has a solo guild, raids one AAD raid a day, and is sitting in 70ish place on the power board...Houston, we have a problem. This is neither high nor low, this is the reality of Boh.

What about a solo guild with a bunch of bot run toons 2nd in power?
Bbbb

Postby Mr_Op » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:11 pm

What's really great about that both system is that he was at 57k hs on Saturday I checked this morning over 120k like wtf
Mr_Op

Postby vlad_the_impaler » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:55 pm

Sàlád_ wrote:What's really great about that both system is that he was at 57k hs on Saturday I checked this morning over 120k like wtf

Bots don't need sleep lol
vlad_the_impaler

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:04 pm

Prowl wrote:
Garic_ wrote:Well said. No more "happiness patrol". Let's all take the low road. While transition is always difficult with any company there is no room for a positive outlook. (Sarcasm)
I am as disappointed as anyone, but also understand there are many challenges when long time employees leave, especially around a holiday. I can't tell anyone to be patient as I may be the least patient person ever. However, I can stay positive that things will get better. If not, it's been a great run.

The mocking from a Mod doesn't faze me, are you on the Venan payroll Garic? It is neither a high or low road that we're traveling. If Boh was a 100% free to play game then hey, give them a pass. That isn't the case here. As soon as my cash was removed from my checking account the relationship changes a bit. After the transaction, boh now falls in to the same category as any other game put out by any other company. They are no different than a EA, a Rockstar, or an Activision in my eyes. It doesn't matter how small the potatoes, they are the same potatoes. When cash changes hands relationships change...expectations change.
How hard is it to send out an email or do anything to pump up the player base a bit? A few key strokes...a little cut and paste? That is the frustrating part. It's a paradox, but the players can do only so much before the get frustrated and go find another game to play. I want Boh to be a great game that lasts forever, but I hold up my end of the bargain by playing the game and I look across the way at the Devs and we hear squat.
If one person has a solo guild, raids one AAD raid a day, and is sitting in 70ish place on the power board...Houston, we have a problem. This is neither high nor low, this is the reality of Boh.

I've largely come to feel the same. Many people out there work with restricted resources whether that's people or money. They manage to nail their work even as one-person teams. It's a small company, we get it.

When cash changes hands there are expectations, regardless of what the cash has bought. I really don't understand what the problem is with a little communication...it's been the bane of this game for a long time and the players (customers) are bound to get frustrated. Leave Space Miner alone now and help one of the most unique games in the marketplace get back to where it was.
Illy_the_Red

Postby Bbbb » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:39 pm

Illy_the_Red wrote: Leave Space Miner alone now and help one of the most unique games in the marketplace get back to where it was.

Go over to the Space Miner Wars forum. BoH is a hotbed of activity in comparison. Except for fixing the client for iOS 10, I don't think they have done anything with SMW in at least 6-9 months.
Bbbb

Postby Crawling_Chaos » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:43 pm

Garic_ wrote:I apologize

Note blood no foul G.

My 3+ years playing boh is small compared to the folks who have been here since day one. When I started playing 100,000 guild power left the guild I was in outside of the top 100, heck, I couldn't even sniff it. Fast forward three years and a little over 30k gets you in. That part is sad.
The thing is that it could change in a second if a little effort was put in to boh. For example, when I go to the playstore the first place I go to is the new and updated games. Anything that is new or any update would put it in to that category, right? Any little tweak would get players to, at the very least, install the game and get them in the door to check the game out. Some may leave, but some may get hooked...that is good. Once you get them in the door you have to keep them interested. That doesn't mean players need a new full blown keepers quest clone content add on every month, but small things just to show the players that "Hey we're still here, we still care about our players, and we still care about the health of the game of boh." Little things, be them hollow or not, would go a long way. I know little about the game app industry, but what I do know is if you don't take care of your customers/players it is a matter of time before people just give up on your business and go find another game to play. This is not doomsday talk, this is reality, and that is life.
My chatter is probably falling on deaf ears and is in no way trying to make anyone get butt hurt, but it's not so much a money thing, this is a time thing. I care about the time I've put in to boh, I will look past the Venan screw ups, I will turn a blind eye to boh's short comings, and forget all the knuckleheads in chat to support the game of Boh. All it takes is for this loyalty to be reciprocated back to myself and my fellow players. It isn't difficult, but it will take a little effort.
Crawling_Chaos

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:27 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Prowl wrote: If one person has a solo guild, raids one AAD raid a day, and is sitting in 70ish place on the power board...Houston, we have a problem. This is neither high nor low, this is the reality of Boh.

How do I get some bots to run my toons?

Seriously.
Derp_looks_like_a_Lady

Postby Crawling_Chaos » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:06 pm

Dэяраliсюцs wrote:
Bbbb wrote:

How do I get some bots to run my toons?

Seriously.

One hour of free time, a few mercs, and 23 toons. No need to cheat.
Crawling_Chaos

Postby vlad_the_impaler » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:13 pm

We weren't doubting the guild that did aad solo reread Bbbb's post.
vlad_the_impaler

PreviousNext

Return to Latest News