New Classes

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Which new class are you most interested in playing?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:13 pm

Frost Knight
21%
Flame Warden
58%
Inquisitor
21%

Total votes : 33

Re: New Classes

Postby Saraa » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:44 am

I know this has been suggested before and not even sure if the game has been set up to allow this but I think Venan would find it incredibly helpful/useful if they allowed a few of the endgame players to test new classes/raids. You may find it surprising how much less time it would take to figure out a balance amongst classes/raids, lessen the whining amongst the player base and even put some of end result on those beta testers(assuming you took thwir advice and implemented it accordingly). Just a thought i was having. :)

P.S. Im dying for that update post on the new things coming with the next update Chem!!! Make it happen...soon...please...pretty please!!!! ;-)
Saraa

Postby CheMClarc » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:13 pm

Unfortunately no beta server is set up for you guys to test it but we will be listening and reviewing data on things that need some tweaking once you get your hands on it.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Bbbb » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:48 pm

CheMClarc wrote:Unfortunately no beta server is set up for you guys to test it but we will be listening and reviewing data on things that need some tweaking once you get your hands on it.

This isn't for CheM but the expectations of others. I fully expect there will be balance issues that may take several iterations to resolve. For one thing, we won't have 50K might heroes in the new classes right away.

They've got a good track record on this sort of thing so if we complain nicely, I'm sure they'll get it taken care of.
Bbbb

Postby Faramir2 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:19 am

It'd be nice to see the rest of the new features even if we have to wait for them.
Faramir2

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:32 am

Bbbb wrote:
CheMClarc wrote:Unfortunately no beta server is set up for you guys to test it but we will be listening and reviewing data on things that need some tweaking once you get your hands on it.

This isn't for CheM but the expectations of others. I fully expect there will be balance issues that may take several iterations to resolve. For one thing, we won't have 50K might heroes in the new classes right away.

They've got a good track record on this sort of thing so if we complain nicely, I'm sure they'll get it taken care of.

Yeah I fully expect balance issues too. A period of testing would alleviate that, but I guess they don't have the time. PvP was put through beta and didn't really seem to benefit from it as the classes were completely changed in 2.0 anyway. The only positive I can think of going from beta to full version was that you get rewards win or lose.

The classes aren't really balanced properly with 3, so how it's going to work with 6 is anyone's guess. At least two of these classes look like they're going to have issues with damage. Without seeing the way they're going to work (the ability numbers specifically).
Illy_the_Red

Postby Sir_Thy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:03 pm

Someone in global mentioned that the update will arrive until end of June.
Chem....can we expect the update and were-chef event at the same time until July 4th 2016?
Sir_Thy

Postby Sigèé » Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:09 pm

Sir_Thy_GM_of_H2V wrote:

Someone in global mentioned that the update will arrive until end of June.
Chem....can we expect the update and were-chef event at the same time until July 4th 2016?

Surely too early for Werechef, which has previously been end of July and August
Sigèé

Postby Illy_the_Red » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:34 pm

Is the update going to be later than mid-June (now)? I'm sure everyone would appreciate a post on it.
Illy_the_Red

Postby CheMClarc » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:49 pm

No were-chef with the update. Update should be out next week, pending reviews.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby Bbbb » Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:00 pm

CheMClarc wrote:No were-chef with the update. Update should be out next week, pending reviews.

Perfect timing. Right when I'm going to be too busy for a couple weeks. :lol:

I'll probably create toons and play solo a tad. I'll join a guild (probably Amy's) in July.
Bbbb

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog