Level Cap Increase & Prestige Abilities

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Level Cap Increase & Prestige Abilities

Postby CheMClarc » Wed May 18, 2016 12:58 pm

UPDATED

Heroes!

The moment you have been waiting for! We are increasing the level cap to 40!

The following is a list of new features and adjustments to the game that come with the additional levels.

Level Cap Raise to 40:

• Master loot tables have been adjusted resulting in more silver, essence, flux, materials and item drops as you level.
  • Due to no additional new content at the end of the game, we have increased the levels of monsters within the Vile Realm so that players can efficiently level their characters.
  • The level of the monsters will be equal to you at all times in dungeons within the Vile Realm and Guardian Valor Raids. The scaling of the monster abilities have been balanced so that you will still feel an increase in power as you level but they will still be challenging foes.
  • Players will be able to earn 3 new ability points at level 36, 38 and 40.
  • These additional ability points can be used on new prestige abilities or on any of the classes other abilities.

Prestige Abilities:

Prestige abilities are available on all classes but due to their power, we have limited players to only being able to choose 3 of them at any given time. Please take a look at the 10 new abilities you will be able to unlock at level 36.

• Last Stand: Grants Last Stand that lasts for 1.5 seconds. While the buff is active, you cannot die but will continue to take damage.
  • Mojo: Cleanses and purges all effects from you and your enemies.
  • Leech: Grants a 10% chance to heal after landing a hit.
  • Safeguard: Reduces damage taken by 75% and increases Block by 25%, Dodge by 15%, Status Resist by 25% and Knockback Resist by 75% for the duration of the ability.
  • Sidestep: Unbalance your enemy by dodging and causing them to be slowed by 1.5 seconds.
  • Majerio's Box: Randomly casts one of these spells: Stun, Sunder Armor, Weaken, Juggernaut, Urgency or Regeneration. Cannot be used within the first 0.5 seconds of combat.
  • Provoke: A quick non lethal taunt that deals 10% weapon damage to an enemy, but allows your ability cast timers to be unpredictable.
  • Amplify Red: Increase the effectiveness of Red Gems by 10%.
  • Amplify Blue: Increase the effectiveness of Blue Gems by 10%.
  • Amplify Yellow: Increase the effectiveness of Yellow Gems by 10%.

Let me put some context to these abilities for a later discussion on possible combinations you will be able to do.

Last Stand: this ability will be a life saver (pun intended) during PvP battles when your rotation of abilities gets turned around and it's a very close match to the end. It will be helpful in tougher PvE fights like the Hunter or Keepers to avoid paying that 5 gs fee and from seeing your name pop up on the guild message ticker that you died. This is a insurance plan for any Shadow Walker that loves to take advantage of Death Wish as much as possible.

Mojo: this ability will allow players to have a clean slate for a fight gone bad whether PvP or PvE. Happen to have too many dots on you and have already used your cleanse potion? Active this ability to have a fresh start but remember that it will also clear all your buffs and debuffs on your enemy as well. This ability effects all targets in combat.

Leech: this ability is pretty straight forward and we didn't have a heal over time spell in the game so we wanted everyone to have the opportunity to use it. The heal isn't massive but overtime it might just save your life a few times, win some PvP matches and save your silver spending on potions and trips to the temple.

Safeguard: this ability is Defend on steroids! The catch? It has a longer cooldown and is attached to your Defend cooldown so you cannot use them back to back. The regular defend cooldown timer will still be the same so you will be able to use your Defend again after 0.5 seconds of using Safeguard. This ability can come in handle for anyone looking to mitigate high crit attacks or combinations of small attacks put together.

Sidestep: this ability allows players to gain an advantage for a short time period if they are lucky enough to dodge their enemies attack. It is a very short debuff but if triggered frequently, then it acts like an additional casting of one of your classes' normal slows for free!

Majerio's Box: We had an idea for a "Pandora's Box" ability for a long time now but we always thought that is was a bit cheap to randomly have negative effects be placed on either you or your enemy so we made a positive one instead. Now players have the opportunity to have an additional stun, buff, debuff or heal to add to their arsenal. The catch? Well it has Majerio's name on it so there's definitely a catch! You don't know what will be triggered when you cast it! Based on what comes out, it might have been wasted because you didn't need that heal in the beginning of the fight or maybe the stun is wasted due to a dot about to trigger. Or maybe your enemy will just cleanse the debuff off them right away. This ability will definitely shake up battles and keep you on your toes. Instead of blaming RNG, blame Majerio! Please note that the abilities being cast are all secondary versions of the originals so you won't be seeing full length Juggernauts but the idea of seeing double Juggernauts or everyone Juggernauting gives us and mad scientist laugh here in the office.

Provoke: this ability is probably one of my favorite due to the time manipulation design to it. As Shadow Walkers know, using Reflexive Strike in a PvP match can shake up their ability rotation and we wanted everyone to have the ability to do that. This is mostly a PvP ability but we believe that it has a strong contender for 1 of your 3 ability points used when entering the coliseum. It is also a good way to adjust your rotation after a long knock back combination. We also want to see replays of someone using provoke as a last hit to win a fight. Bragging rights and all!

Amplify Gems: these are pretty straight forward passive abilities. Not exactly at the highest might or want to have some increased damage while leveling? Use these! They are also good perks to use in combinations with other with certain gem types and ability speccing builds on each class.

Take some time and let you mind run wild with the different combinations you can image doing with each of the classes and these new abilities. Feel free to comment and discuss what you think of them and if you can find any possible "OMG!" combinations that you are excited or even worried about that you would like us to double check. You may notice that these abilities are also designed to focus around certain gems and build ideas so get your theory crafting hats on!

Our next post will be one all the little things that we have adjusted and added to the game based on your suggestions.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Re: Level Cap Increase & Prestige Abilities

Postby Jumper » Wed May 18, 2016 1:16 pm

wow this will for sure shake up PvP
Jumper

Postby DoyleDD » Wed May 18, 2016 1:17 pm

Wow I can't wait to try these out :)
DoyleDD

Postby MrOlson » Wed May 18, 2016 1:20 pm

I am seeing all this great info but I have not seen anything about release date? Can anyone tell me when the update with new classes and everything is actually coming out?
MrOlson

Postby В_ЯдD » Wed May 18, 2016 1:20 pm

How about fixing my pvp rank before any update...
В_ЯдD

Postby В_ЯдD » Wed May 18, 2016 1:21 pm

MrOlson wrote:I am seeing all this great info but I have not seen anything about release date? Can anyone tell me when the update with new classes and everything is actually coming out?

Probably be a year or two...
В_ЯдD

Postby Llyan » Wed May 18, 2016 1:42 pm

Looks exciting. Will make pvp more unpredictable, which is exactly what it needed.
Llyan

Postby Ares_Jedi_God » Wed May 18, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi testing. Wow I never chatted in the forum b4. I have so much to say! :-)
Ares_Jedi_God

Postby Sir_TâpsØlòt » Wed May 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Does this mean I have to start raiding again soon? yuck.... Watch out Ares you may see me in a few of your farming raids soon.
Sir_TâpsØlòt

Postby Jumper » Wed May 18, 2016 2:24 pm

TäpZíllâ wrote:Does this mean I have to start raiding again soon? yuck.... Watch out Ares you may see me in a few of your farming raids soon.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Jumper

Next

Return to Dev Blog