Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Jumper » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:57 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:
I don't know any wholly ice or fire mages. Not sure why you wouldn't want the synergy from Fractures.



weird.... in our guild the call me "flamer" and it's not cause of my ice WM.... and I call Ray "vanilla Ice" oh well.... Let's not experiment with different builds ;)
Jumper
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:40 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:I don't know any wholly ice or fire mages. Not sure why you wouldn't want the synergy from Fractures.


Fracture is wimpy and has slow animation. A lot of mages have taken it out of the build completely for those reasons.

Also Fracture is useless in a mob build anyway.


Mine's only 29k might, so I imagine as that grows the abilities will evolve. I was thinking more in OS anyway, wouldn't need it to kill mobs.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Illy_the_Red » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:43 pm

Jumper wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:
I don't know any wholly ice or fire mages. Not sure why you wouldn't want the synergy from Fractures.



weird.... in our guild the call me "flamer" and it's not cause of my ice WM.... and I call Ray "vanilla Ice" oh well.... Let's not experiment with different builds ;)


Even in OS? I'm sure I'll try the same on my Mage as she gets more mighty. At the moment I maximise damage with fracture, burning, magma etc etc.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Kenner » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:29 pm

Bbbb wrote:
Illy_the_Red wrote:I don't know any wholly ice or fire mages. Not sure why you wouldn't want the synergy from Fractures.


Fracture is wimpy and has slow animation. A lot of mages have taken it out of the build completely for those reasons.

Also Fracture is useless in a mob build anyway.


Yes that animation, one of the best fixes would be to be able to turn off all animations. I need the fractures to maximize damage, in kfs they are useless when using spirit rune but in all other raids is increases damage quite much (I.e. Spidey p3 fire Dot crit from 24500 to 31400)
Kenner
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Jawarhello » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:45 pm

It is incorrect to say that your 29k WM does bigger crits than any SW will ever do. If your 66k SW is hitting that weakly, then you probably need to rethink your build
Jawarhello
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:45 am

Jawarhello wrote:It is incorrect to say that your 29k WM does bigger crits than any SW will ever do. If your 66k SW is hitting that weakly, then you probably need to rethink your build


Sorry but that's not true. I've done nearly 70k crits with that Mage already. You don't do that sort of damage with 1H weapons, especially Melee. This is a fundamental fact of how 1H and 2H weapons work. I've built the SW for damage, with 20 Melee and Magic gems in each build, level VII+ Physical/Nature enchants x3 and VII+ 1H damage x3. Also have armour pen. So at most I can get another few percent damage out of either build, but nothing that's going to change much. There's stacking crit power, but the toon is at or near the cap anyway and you need phys resist in the new top raid.

As above, if you have a build that claims to the contrary, post it here for discussion with full gem and ability details, plus any enchants you use.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Kenner » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:19 am

Illy_the_Red wrote:
Jawarhello wrote:It is incorrect to say that your 29k WM does bigger crits than any SW will ever do. If your 66k SW is hitting that weakly, then you probably need to rethink your build


Sorry but that's not true. I've done nearly 70k crits with that Mage already. You don't do that sort of damage with 1H weapons, especially Melee. This is a fundamental fact of how 1H and 2H weapons work. I've built the SW for damage, with 20 Melee and Magic gems in each build, level VII+ Physical/Nature enchants x3 and VII+ 1H damage x3. Also have armour pen. So at most I can get another few percent damage out of either build, but nothing that's going to change much. There's stacking crit power, but the toon is at or near the cap anyway and you need phys resist in the new top raid.

As above, if you have a build that claims to the contrary, post it here for discussion with full gem and ability details, plus any enchants you use.

Talking about the top raid,im sure your mage won't crit 70k there. My Mage runs 17k magic rating (I use 2 crit gems on amulet and ring instead of magic) 24% 2h damage, 16,4% AP, 21% ice/fire damage. When I use Magma jet, fractures and spirit rune incinerate crits spidey and Hunter p2 for 55-62k and the Hunter p3 for only 40k orso.
Kenner
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Jawarhello » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:38 am

I will concede the fact that I do not have a SW build that crits for 70k. However I am still skeptical that a mage with 29k might is landing 70k crits. Admittedly I am no expert on mages but I'd like to see the build/circumstances necessary to that. Can any other mages confirm a 70k crit from a 29k might toon?
Jawarhello
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Kenner » Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:24 am

Jawarhello wrote:I will concede the fact that I do not have a SW build that crits for 70k. However I am still skeptical that a mage with 29k might is landing 70k crits. Admittedly I am no expert on mages but I'd like to see the build/circumstances necessary to that. Can any other mages confirm a 70k crit from a 29k might toon?

My 29k might WM which is build for onslaught made a 56k crit without any boosting potions/elixirs/items.
Kenner
 
Posts: 269
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:21 pm

Re: Server Maintenance - March 14th, 2016

Postby Illy_the_Red » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:25 pm

Jawarhello wrote:I will concede the fact that I do not have a SW build that crits for 70k. However I am still skeptical that a mage with 29k might is landing 70k crits. Admittedly I am no expert on mages but I'd like to see the build/circumstances necessary to that. Can any other mages confirm a 70k crit from a 29k might toon?


Thanks for clarifying - the crits were done with (I think) crit potions during a KFS raid, with magma and fractures as well as spirit rune. Now, in higher raids that's not gonna happen of course. However the reason I mention the numbers is because like most people I spec to do maximum damage in PvE and then boost haste/crit separately. I haven't replicated that with any SW build (though I haven't tried it very recently). What I want to do next is move up and try the same specs with ChV and then GV, but LoB is proving hard to find these days.

Overall though I've found my Mage at whatever might (from low might to nearly 30k now) is doing far more damage than my SW ever did at the same mights and is actually out-damaging it these days.
Illy_the_Red
 
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron