Community Design Challenge!

Have something to say about Book of Heroes? Post it here!

Community Design Challenge!

Postby CheMClarc » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:18 pm

Heroes! We have a few challenges for you!

We gathered your feedback from the new content and will be making adjustments down the road. Since we received some good details on what's the good, the bad and the ugly; we wanted to see what else you have in mind for the game.

I would like to cover 4 major categories in new content for BoH.

1) New abilities! The next step to improving the game is increasing the level cap so you can get even stronger! We are looking to see what everyone has in mind for a few new abilities for each class.

2) Balance changes! This one's a touchy subject as the records show that each class is OP depending on who you talk to. We do run PvP statistics on abilities but we want to dig deep into raids with these abilities. Tell us your experience with the best and worst abilities and builds without derailing the thread in complaints. Backswing OP! Snap Cast OP! Sticky Grenade OP! We understand but we want more details on class comparison from your vets of the game. Please just keep it civil.

3) New events! What type of new events would you like to see? Doesn't have to be a holiday, it could just as easily be a new weekly or weekend events that you would like to see. Examples you already mentioned: double silver, double mats, etc.

4) DESIGN a raid! Take a look at the monsters in the game and any particular abilities and combine things that would be super entertaining for you and your guildmates to conquer. Please use the type of format that Amy did when she pushed for the Shadow Comes to come back in a new way. Just add a ton more details on enemies used, possible backstory and reasonable rewards that could be given. Remember that we are a small crew so making 150 new items for the game isn't something we can get out in the near future.

You don't have to comment on all topics to respond to these thread. If you have any cool ideas for any of them, let us know! This isn't just a tease, LordVenan is watching! :shock:

Fine print: "Remember these are only suggestions and are not guaranteed to get into the game but the will help us develop features and content that you would be looking forward to play." ;)
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook!
Follow BoH on Twitter!

Re: Community Design Challenge!

Postby SïléntPåntléssWållfløwér » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:51 pm

Would it be possible to have a kill counter on the os phases of the new raids. Or a new raid with an os phase where there was a kill counter? Have it so it is difficult to get a great number of kills however every certain number of kills the rewards drops increased in their value? For example if you achieved 10 kills the boss dropped essence, flux and 2 pure essence. However if you got 15 kills the boss dropped refined essence, flux and 3 pure essence. Lastly if you got 20 kills (hard but achievable) your rewards were doubled. With the kill counter you would be able to check progress. It would add he incentive to push your build to the limit to get the kills in. The added incentive could be a number that is extremely difficult to achieve but if reached the player gets a normal drop (not double) but an instance e refill? Just a thought. Or an ultra rare chance of no reward drop other than a diamond engraver?

I would also suggest with any new raid dropping the HS acheived per kill to a low number to prevent people sitting in the raid for the os phases (if there was one). Also have the best drops in the none os phases.

Postby Nesshindesu » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:26 pm

As far as new abilities go, I'd like to see some form of healing ability. I've always thought of a justicar as a paladin like class. It could be 5/10/15% of max health and have an extremely long cooldown so as not to be op in pvp, say 10 seconds or so. Both war mages and shadow walkers could have some type of life draining ability that restores health based on a percentage of damage done on the attack following this ability. Same thing here, long cooldown.
These abilities could also make enchantments and builds more interesting, perhaps making healing bonus enchants useful in pvp.

Postby Garath_SC » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:02 pm

To make the Justi more competitive in the new OS raids, a DOT spirit attack would be nice.

Postby manuswan » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:14 pm

I think that on anniversary date of game, a double EVERYTHING weekend would be awesome! I.e. materials, gem shards, loyalty, valor, etc. It would make that once a year event a bonanza weekend!

Postby SlayerOfGodsAndMen » Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:31 pm

A way to earn gold shields that is equally difficult for all players, regardless of their level or might would be nice. Or perhaps a "gold shield weekend" where the probability of gold shields being dropped is doubled or tripled. A new rune or ability that reduces enemies' resist percentage would be useful.

Postby Martha » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:02 pm

Perhaps a fifth gem slot, just for white gems?

Also the white T7 gems should be T8?

Another spirit attack, for multiple enemies would be nice for justicar.(additional to those already in play)

Postby Kenner » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:14 pm

I was thinking about a dual strike attack for war mage. This attack would have 1 sec Base cast time and deliver 50/65/80% damage of ice and fire. This move Will also Apply both fracturen and Will have a chance to burn if ignite is used but no other status effects.

Postby Kenner » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:16 pm

Garath_SC wrote:To make the Justi more competitive in the new OS raids, a DOT spirit attack would be nice.

Completely agree with this maybe a poison cloud equivalent could be made

Postby В_ЯдD » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:32 pm

1... New Abilities... It would be interesting to see the ability to heal in battle preferably PvP. For example:

Justicar - a timed ability that heals a small amount of Heath over time similar to a Bard song.
Shadow Walker - a poison dot on an opponent that deals damage to them and heals you for a small amount of time.
War Mage - a regeneration spell that allows the Mage to heal a larger amount of health but only one time. ( I could also see this as a timed ability that heals small amounts over a short time to maintain more of a balance between the classes. )

I would also like to see War Mage get an ability to reduce CD timers similar to Heroic Will and for Justicar's Heroic Will to be modified to something similar to how it was before but maybe not so OP. A small reduction in the next attacks time.

2... Balance Changes... Don't really have any suggestions here. Seems to be Justicar beats War Mage, War Mage beats Shadow Walker, Shadow Walker beats Justicar. But the almighty RNG beats us ALL.

3... New Events... I would like to see other weekend events. Double Materials or Double Gold Shields. I am also a fan of the old speed run challenges and the opportunity to get unique rare items like backgrounds, gear, or gems...

4... Design a Raid... As a War Mage I am always a fan of OS and do enjoy the two newest additions but I would like to see maybe a new quick raid. Perhaps only one phase and it be OS lasting maybe 30 minutes for gold, 40 minutes for silver, 50 minutes for bronze. Mainly a way to farm materials, essence, and currency...

In addition I think a 5th White gem slot would be great as well as a new portal in the Vile Realm that would drop Pure Essence at a significant rate.

And lastly the removal of my silence... It's extremely difficult to be a big contribution to my guild without the ability to publicly speak.

Thank you for you time.
Last edited by В_ЯдD on Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Discussions