Winter Holiday Event 2015

News for Book of Heroes.

Re: Winter Holiday Event 2015

Postby CheMClarc » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:46 pm

Friendly reminder that the Winter Holiday event starts tomorrow!
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook!
Follow BoH on Twitter!

Postby _MinhQuyên_ » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:19 am

Sim0n wrote:You can have a bonus loot of goblin's rewards. However, for the last 3 years, the red ornaments (the special xmas currencies) wasn't doubled if there was a bonus loot.

That means that the silver, elixirs, valors, etc was all doubled if you had a bonus loot (like any others monster), but the red ornamemts wasn't.

Yep its true as i just remembered :)

Postby Sigèé » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:25 pm

CheMClarc wrote:
DiMoSauR wrote:Will the drops be better if found in raids? ( 2E per chase) or same as 1E per chase ?

Yes, we adjusted the odds so that he will appear at the same rate in raids as he would in the 7 regions.

Occasionally there isn't a raid I want to join to find him so I have to hunt him in his current region. Not wanting to waste time with double the kills needed in a 1e zone I've tried the ones with a mini boss but the number of HoliGob encounters has been terrible. I wonder if the roll for the mini boss is happening before the roll for HoliGob, in which case it is a bad option?

Postby Crawling_Chaos » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:44 pm

CheMClarc wrote:Image

Happy Holidays Heroes! 

Abe the snowman has come to town early this year in attempts to avoid the Holiday Goblin of Doom and bring gifts and cheer to all of Glenfort. Make sure to visit Abe early this month for a special lockbox and daily quests of gifts!

Unfortunately we all know that the Holiday Goblin will eventually catch up with him and steal all of his presents once he finds out what Abe is doing! When the time comes help Abe find the Holiday Goblin and take back the presents for Glenfort's citizens. Defeating the Holiday Goblin will earn you ornaments that can be traded in for holiday items like pointy peppermint stick weapons, armored ugly sweaters and other great holiday items!

Throughout the event, Abe will be giving away special ornaments to trade in for an exclusive 2015 holiday item for your help in getting back his presents!

Look for sales on items throughout the holiday event as well to get the upper hand on the Holiday Goblin.

Winter Holiday event includes:

• New Tier 19 Staff!
  • New Tier 19 Main Hand Axe!
  • New Tier 19 Two Hand Axe!
  • New Exclusive 2015 Helm!
  • New Holiday Vanity Helms!
  • Daily Login Quest of Gifts!
  • Unique Limited Time Background!
  • Additional Holiday Gift Lockbox filled with every holiday consumable and unique vanity items!
  • Stocked Holiday Gift Lockbox including all of last year's items!

Check out your wardrobe for most of the items available in this event! Some are still hidden until you unlock them yourself by visiting Abe the Snowman or purchasing them in his special lockbox.

Abe the Snowman

• Abe the Snowman has two shops this year! One will appear early this month with special daily quests, unique vanity items and a lockbox that has all the holiday consumables in the game! The other will replace the first one with holiday items that can be purchased with Red Ornaments.
  • Abe will be setting up his shop near The Frozen Vale where he find to be the most comforting place in Glenfort.

Holiday Goblin of Doom

• The Holiday Goblin will appear in 7 different locations around Glenfort!
  • The Holiday Goblin will also appear in raids throughout the event! He will only appear during his active time but this allows guilds to keep to their raiding schedules during the event. Note: He will not appear in Gobblin Goblins or any onslaught raids / raid phases.
  • The Holiday Goblin has a ton of goodies in his pack so be sure to defeat him when you see him! He drops a range of items from gems, shards, valor, potions, elixir and special currency for gear!
  • The Holiday Goblin isn't looking for a fight, he just wants all the presents to himself! He will try to flee combat so be sure to attack him fast and hard! He will occasionally throw some heavy attacks so be cautions during your encounters!
  • The Holiday Goblin drops Red Ornaments after he is defeat which can be turned in at Abe's Holiday Gift Shop for new gear!

Event Start Time
Thursday, December 3rd, 11:00 AM EST / 4:00 PM GMT

Abe's Special Store Open Time:
Thursday, December 3rd, 11:00 AM EST / 4:00 PM GMT
Duration: 20 days

Abe's Daily Gift Give Away Quests Begins:
Monday, December 7th, 11:00 AM EST / 4:00 PM GMT
Duration: 7 days

Abe's Store Open Time:
Wednesday, December 23rd, 11:00 AM EST / 4:00 PM GMT
Duration: 13 days

Holiday Goblin Arrives
Wednesday, December 23rd, 11:00 AM EST / 4:00 PM GMT
Appearance: Every 3 hours, for 15 minutes.

Last Holiday Goblin Spawn Time
Monday, January 4th, 2:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM GMT

Event End Time & Store Close Time:
Tuesday, January 5th, 2:00 PM EST / 7:00 PM GMT

When you hear nothing from Venan you start to wonder. For the past two weekends there has been no news on what is happening as far as what kind of event is going on for the given weekend. Should this year's holiday event be expected to pop up with little notice? One would think a little promotion or a little enthusiasm would be or should be showing up from Venan.
I used to drop 5 or 10 bucks here and there in the past, but I have quit doing that because I'm not going to throw real cash at a game that may dissappear without notice out of the blue. I'm not saying that the ship is going down, but the lack of promotion, communication, and it seems, not really giving a rats behind puts thoughts in one's head that shouldn't be there. This is a free to play game, but Venan has to pay the rent and keep the lights on some how. Silence comes across as not caring if this ship floats or sinks. BOH is a one of a kind awesome game and it is sad watching a great game just limp by day after day. A little something positive or encouraging needs to come from up top, not from Mods or players.

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:47 am

+1, we're interested in news not a happiness patrol.

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Please make Holigob's active time 24/7 and only change his location at the appointed times. It would help us all immensely since many of us can only log on during specific times due to work and home life concerns.

Postby Gary_ » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:31 pm

I apologize
Last edited by Gary_ on Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Postby Bimbosigliere » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:58 pm

I applied for the Happiness Patrol. They rejected me. Said I had too many silences.

Postby Derp_looks_like_a_Lady » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:18 pm

Silence is bliss

Postby Crawling_Chaos » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:45 pm

Garic_ wrote:Well said. No more "happiness patrol". Let's all take the low road. While transition is always difficult with any company there is no room for a positive outlook. (Sarcasm)
I am as disappointed as anyone, but also understand there are many challenges when long time employees leave, especially around a holiday. I can't tell anyone to be patient as I may be the least patient person ever. However, I can stay positive that things will get better. If not, it's been a great run.

The mocking from a Mod doesn't faze me, are you on the Venan payroll Garic? It is neither a high or low road that we're traveling. If Boh was a 100% free to play game then hey, give them a pass. That isn't the case here. As soon as my cash was removed from my checking account the relationship changes a bit. After the transaction, boh now falls in to the same category as any other game put out by any other company. They are no different than a EA, a Rockstar, or an Activision in my eyes. It doesn't matter how small the potatoes, they are the same potatoes. When cash changes hands relationships change...expectations change.
How hard is it to send out an email or do anything to pump up the player base a bit? A few key strokes...a little cut and paste? That is the frustrating part. It's a paradox, but the players can do only so much before the get frustrated and go find another game to play. I want Boh to be a great game that lasts forever, but I hold up my end of the bargain by playing the game and I look across the way at the Devs and we hear squat.
If one person has a solo guild, raids one AAD raid a day, and is sitting in 70ish place on the power board...Houston, we have a problem. This is neither high nor low, this is the reality of Boh.

Return to Latest News