Mega Topic: Silver from dailies

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Silver from dailies

Postby Nek_the_Moshi_Finger » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:44 pm

I must agree. Granted 25 HT was not much but something I could use. Now instead of killing 50 vile for 25 HT (I could get way more killing goblin raid for the same e spent), I now must kill 100 vile (double the hated amount) for 1000 silver or less. I can make 1k silver spending 2e or 4e vs 2 full bars of e!!! I have absolutely no use for dalies anymore while my toons are sitting at 25 million+ silver. I have chosen to ignore dailies now as they are a complete waste of my efforts.

Kudos to all the other game changes. I do like all the rest. They are helpfull. This one though, in order to cater to the uber high end players, has failed the rest if us.

Thank you for your time.
Nek_the_Moshi_Finger

Postby hito » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:26 am

I was really disappointed to see the silver reward sooooo low. I mean honestly, 1000 silver as a reward for 100 vile realm kills, 2 waves and that's 1k silver, lol.
Here's an idea, make the reward lock boxes, each level higher a more lucrative lock box. And don't make it so we have to open it on the spot, we could be raiding and it could cause unnecessary lag. Have a section in Daedalus' place where we can actually have the lock boxes accumulate...
Also, I would like to see a warehouse implemented where we can share items and currencies across toons on a single account. This is something that nearly every MMO I've seen incorporates, makes things a lot easier and would have solved the inventory problems we used to have.
hito

Postby Ajszekk » Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:45 am

Even for a 1st level toon 1K silver is weak. You can easily get it, and it won't actually help you advance any faster.

I don't know who thought this was a good idea, but they really need to understand supply and demand. The tokens were worth at least 5k silver in and of themselves and they were vastly a useless reward past level 10 or so when you could raid more than 25 tokens in GG.
Ajszekk

Postby Numenorean » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:08 am

I am slightly outraged with this transition in daily reward. I still have characters that benefit from HT. 1K silver has no value at the moment. Additionally, platforming off of Venan response, it is inconsistent that we take a meams of earning HT away only to be replaced with another means of accruing silver (albeit a very poor method). This has pigeonholed us to attempt the weekly bounty... sad to say that some of my undergeared characters will never be successful at (25 pvp victories is a lot for my wimpy SW).
Numenorean

Postby Bbbb » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:15 am

Ajszekk wrote:Even for a 1st level toon 1K silver is weak. You can easily get it, and it won't actually help you advance any faster.

That's not true. It would be helpful in opening gem slots and buying low level gems to populate them. I realize by the time you unlock the 3rd gem slots this benefit is gone though.

I think all that was done here is convert something that was 99% useless to most players and 100% useless to the top players to something that is 99% useless for everyone. Silver itself isn't my objection - it's the amount. After the year and a day feat is met, the silver isn't enough to convince anyone to go out of their way to complete a daily.
Bbbb

Postby EricM » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:42 am

"I think all that was done here is convert something that was 99% useless to most players and 100% useless to the top players to something that is 99% useless for everyone." -bbbb

I think that right there phrases it best.
EricM

Postby CheMClarc » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:00 pm

EricM wrote:"I think all that was done here is convert something that was 99% useless to most players and 100% useless to the top players to something that is 99% useless for everyone." -bbbb

I think that right there phrases it best.

It will be adjusted in the next update. For the time being, the weekly quests will start after the events and you will see why the daily rewards changed. We have already come up with a few new rewards to please the masses.
Michael aka "CheMClarc"
Associate Producer
Like BoH on Facebook! http://facebook.com/bookofheroes
Follow BoH on Twitter! http://twitter.com/bookofheroes
CheMClarc

Postby EricM » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:03 pm

Good to hear chem.

Honestly, like b's quote - dailies were never exactly ultra useful in terms of rewards, so to have them go from one minor reward to another minor reward doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things. I don't think people did dailies for the rewards in the first place. It's just that much more apparent how useless the rewards are now that it's silver, which is something we obtain from killing mobs normally.

That said, weekend events have been fun, and I do look forward to whatever's planned in the future.
EricM

Postby DreamingDæmon » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:05 pm

CheMClarc wrote: We have already come up with a few new rewards to please the masses.

If it's a tutu or a roleplaying event, I quit... ;)
Last edited by DreamingDæmon on Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DreamingDæmon

Postby DiMoSauR » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:19 pm

Once again in such a short time,so great to see a Dev,it is showing that they are listening,that's great! Hope next update is soon ;-)
PS
Hope Justicar is nerfed...a lot!!!!!! :-D
Last edited by DiMoSauR on Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DiMoSauR

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions