Mega Topic: Reseting Tomes (Merged)

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Resetting Hero Training!

Postby FS_Man_Of_Steel_TFGM » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:51 pm

91Romeo wrote:I'm sure the small percentage you added won't make that of a difference...what is the value of your dodge tome ATM?

Its only like 9.21 but I obviously put this up very noob style. You start off with 5% dodge anyway smh.
Anyway vengeance is ruined now I'm sure it used to be 75% chance at lvl 3 and then that along with backswing(which thankfully hasn't been altered)and overkill was awesome. Anyways. I'm liking my 2 justi builds now. I have blood justi compliments to foozilla and spirit justi compliments of observant_wolf. I'm happy now. I just won't be using vengeance anymore. I can uunderstand them getting rid of overkill but not reducing vengeance to 50%. Oh well no more crying over spilt milk for me. On with the show!!
FS_Man_Of_Steel_TFGM

Re: Resetting Hero Training!

Postby 91Romeo » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:44 am

9% is nothing and it will not affect you that much...I would use vengeance even if I had 20% dodge...at some point you will have maxed everything else in hero training...just gonna leave it?
91Romeo

Ability to reset hero training

Postby Berethor » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:44 pm

One thing I would love to see is a way to reset your hero training categories. Just like we can do with our abilities. Reset the training, refund the hero tokens, and start from scratch again.
Berethor

Re: Ability to reset hero training

Postby CrzyHopper » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:15 am

There have been many posts about this already. Doesn't seem to be a priority.
CrzyHopper

Suggestion Stub, 500 Marks or 5 GS to Reset Tome

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:08 am

Subject
Suggestion Stub, 500 Marks or 5 GS to Reset Tome

(Edit: This post is severly out of date, as Gear, Enchants, Gem are 70% Rating, Coliseum Set is 10% and Tomes are only 5% to 10%

I would like to Reset my Tomes and put less points into Melee, Magic, Crit and Crit Power and put more Hero Tokens into Phys Resist and Magic Resist to see how this changes my PvP Rating (Haste Tome and Dodge Tome are okay).

If this goes as horribly as the Tier 8 Coliseum Gear Set Experiment, it would be nice to Reset my Tomes again (to their original amounts).

500 Marks or 5 Gold Shields would be a good price to Reset Tomes.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Hero Training

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:22 am

I would like to redo my Hero Training for the various stats, since I didn't know what I was doing at the beginning plus if one wanted to change from a bleed justi or melee sw to a spirit justi/poison sw, they'd have to build up magic when they put nothing there for a long time. (Still not sure why mages have a melee stat since it isn't used for *anything*).

Anyway, if we could readjust the stats at will like we can do with the attacks, it would be great! My one caveat with that is to implement a +/- for each stat so that we wouldn't have to click Haste, click Okay then click Haste again a thousand times!! =:0o

Oh, and seeing what effect each stat currently yields on the Hero Training screen would be good instead of having to leave the screen, go to the hero screen to check how things changed then go back...
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Re: Hero Training

Postby Bbbb » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:16 pm

MacBacon wrote: (Still not sure why mages have a melee stat since it isn't used for *anything*).

It is used just not for a lot. We discussed this in another thread last week.

In the long run, the gain from HTs is very minor in the large scheme of things especially damage. It's only low to mid-level players who want the reset. You'll see a lot of advice to just spread them evenly to get your might up as quick as possible. That's why it isn't a priority for Venan to develop a solution.
Bbbb

Re: Mega Topic: Reseting Tomes (Merged)

Postby Illy_the_Red » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:02 pm

There are a few cases where this would be useful. Unless Venan decide to action this, the best thing to do is to raise them all fairly equally, ignoring for the most part the tome your toon needs least (such as melee for mages). Keep your crit and crit power roughly equal. Make haste and your primary stat (such as melee if your toon is physical based) a priority.

Usually when players ask for this feature it is those that are relatively new or low level. They don't need maxers telling them it's a bad idea, because it isn't.
Illy_the_Red

Re: Hero Training

Postby DreamingDæmon » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:07 pm

Bbbb wrote:In the long run, the gain from HTs is very minor in the large scheme of things especially damage. It's only low to mid-level players who want the reset. You'll see a lot of advice to just spread them evenly to get your might up as quick as possible. That's why it isn't a priority for Venan to develop a solution.

This is true, to a degree, but for casual players, it can be a much bigger deal that takes a long time to resolve.

I swapped a SW from melee to Poison when melee was c1k and Magic was about 600, and it took a while to get back on track, with the odd e-pot dropped and averaging 2-3 GV raids a day. For players who play less or at a lower tier, it's a helluva struggle to correct a build or change over. Sure, once players get to ChV level with t6+ gems and stats averaging 1k+, it's less relevant, but until then it can be a big enough deal that trying to change can be awkward enough that playing isn't fun. That gets people frustrated and stopping play.
People have been asking for the feature for nearly 3 years now, and many would be prepared to pay a GS fee to do so. I'd have paid 20-30GS to ease my melee-poison transition, certainly.
DreamingDæmon

Re: Mega Topic: Reseting Tomes (Merged)

Postby Derpy_as_I_wanna_be » Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:06 pm

Indeed. I can play at work usually a total of 1 hour if I am not interrupted during my breaks and lunch time then playing time at home is spotty. So yes, we csual players need a little help to be a least a *little* competitive. :0)
Derpy_as_I_wanna_be

Previous

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions