jusies op?

Discuss about all things related to PvP. What do you like? What do you hate? Let us know!

Re: jusies op?

Postby EricM » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:25 pm

Bbbb wrote:
EricM wrote:Cleave is significantly faster for mobs than anything a SW can do. But I agree on the rest ;)


Actually, OHK Poison Cloud, which I do most of the time now, is just as fast. Pyre isn't too bad either, but I barely use my mage on regular mobs as it is just more junk essence (I have enough to refine as it is).


Cleave has one pop up. Poison cloud has two. Cleave has significantly higher base damage as well causing more one hit kills. Riposte-assassinate all cause more pop ups additionally. In speed runs with equal SW/justis, the difference becomes apparent very quickly in speed.
EricM
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: jusies op?

Postby DëäfMütë » Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Justies have a small window to have or keep the upper hand. Unless they have a shield a justi has no debuff to apply. Mages can slow, reduce dodge, reduce armor. Walkers can slow, reduce dodge, reduce block, reduce damage. Without debuffs to apply our juggernaught is our ONLY salvation. To call a justi OP is ignorant. Unless venan decides to "balance" classes, i.e. remove jugger, give justi a slow and debuff. Give mages a cooldown cycle move like smoke and heroic.and make smoke bomb blockable, there will never be a "fair" fight unless vs your own class.
DëäfMütë
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: jusies op?

Postby Jumper » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:19 am

DeafMute wrote:Justies have a small window to have or keep the upper hand. Unless they have a shield a justi has no debuff to apply. Mages can slow, reduce dodge, reduce armor. Walkers can slow, reduce dodge, reduce block, reduce damage. Without debuffs to apply our juggernaught is our ONLY salvation. To call a justi OP is ignorant. Unless venan decides to "balance" classes, i.e. remove jugger, give justi a slow and debuff. Give mages a cooldown cycle move like smoke and heroic.and make smoke bomb blockable, there will never be a "fair" fight unless vs your own class.


If you like buffs, bleed adds damage, spirit justies have arm reducing ability not to mention jugg......forgot insane kb, hw..... So what?
Jumper
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am

Re: jusies op?

Postby DëäfMütë » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:48 am

Jumper wrote:
If you like buffs, bleed adds damage, spirit justies have arm reducing ability not to mention jugg......forgot insane kb, hw..... So what?


Bleed: mages have burn, sw's have poison. I mentioned removing juggernaught, kb can be dodged, not smoke bomb, also mentioned giving mages a hw. Spirit justi wrath is equivalent to poison stacks and fracturing. I need a valid argument.
DëäfMütë
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: jusies op?

Postby DjCleric » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:51 am

SW's poison isn't a DoT. It only reduces poison resistance. SWs have the worse DoT skills. Only DoT skills that they have are Caltrops and Toxic Cloud.

Thinking logically, when does one doesn't take any damage when they are poisoned?
User avatar
DjCleric
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: jusies op?

Postby Jumper » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:58 am

DeafMute wrote:
Jumper wrote:
If you like buffs, bleed adds damage, spirit justies have arm reducing ability not to mention jugg......forgot insane kb, hw..... So what?


Bleed: mages have burn, sw's have poison. I mentioned removing juggernaught, kb can be dodged, not smoke bomb, also mentioned giving mages a hw. Spirit justi wrath is equivalent to poison stacks and fracturing. I need a valid argument.



My point is your argument is moot!
Jumper
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am

Re: jusies op?

Postby EricM » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:41 pm

DeafMute wrote:Unless venan decides to "balance" classes, i.e. remove jugger, give justi a slow and debuff. Give mages a cooldown cycle move like smoke and heroic.and make smoke bomb blockable, there will never be a "fair" fight unless vs your own class.


In summary...
Buff Justis
Buff WMs
Nerf SWers :(


I don't know- I still feel like these balance discussions are pretty pointless. While it could always be better, balance is pretty good right now between the three classes. Both melee and spirit justi are viable, both melee and poison walkers are viable, hybrid mages are viable. One can reach top 5/masters with any of the above combinations.

Drastic changes like removing jugg outright or giving mages a heroic will type skill is a bit drastic imo. The justi class isn't built to slow enemies- it's built more for knock backs, massive status resist, and high damage output.
EricM
 
Posts: 1201
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:19 pm

Re: jusies op?

Postby Jumper » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:02 pm

EricM wrote:
In summary...
Buff Justis
Buff WMs
Nerf SWers :(




well.......if it must be so....... ;p
Jumper
 
Posts: 524
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:31 am

Re: jusies op?

Postby DëäfMütë » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:02 pm

Lol, sw's don't need a buff, we just need to find the balance. My justi has 800 wm kills, 600 justi kills, 400 sw kills. My sw has 400 justi, 350 sw, 200 wm. My mage has... bet you can't see the balance pattern... 300 sw, 200 wm, 100 justi. We've all played and know what does what. Why bother nerfing a class if a few tweaks here and there could level the scores out? Apparently moot is the word
DëäfMütë
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:02 pm

Re: jusies op?

Postby svako » Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:34 pm

EricM wrote:In summary...
Buff Justis
Buff WMs
Nerf SWers :(


No need for any of that, pvp is balanced as it never was before...
svako
 
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:02 am

PreviousNext

Return to PvP Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests