Update 2.2.0 - Server Maintenance - October 15th, 2014

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 2.2.0 - Server Maintenance - October 15th, 2014

Postby Dmc771 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:33 pm

Our guild family pride has completed helion raid post update. However our rewards have yet to show up and we continue to get the raid notification. Under the helion raid it still shows our raid at 0%
Dmc771

Postby ThêGóòdkïñd » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:52 pm

Win_or_Lose wrote:Love the new update so far. However I keep getting an error message if I try to post in chat. Something about transaction failed and the time on my device (which is correct).

I'm having the same problem. can't see or write in any chat
ThêGóòdkïñd

Postby _Raiden » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:55 pm

Love the raid finder !

Great update thus far venan.
To Live Old And Wise , You Need To First Be Young And Stupid.
_Raiden

Postby Hashshashin » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:08 pm

luv the new update!
but how come the "massage of the day" display is moved & abt 3 quarter to the left of the screen?
Hashshashin

Postby Agathangelos » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:22 pm

Hey Venan. Thanks for the new update. Really like it so far. At the risk of appearing greedy though, I gotta ask what's next. I guess I got a bit spoiled over the last 10 months by always knowing what the next update would have. Can you shed any light on what a post Ch 5 update might have, or what the team's priorities are after a much deserved break?
Agathangelos

Postby CodeMonkey » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:50 pm

Agathangelos wrote:Hey Venan. Thanks for the new update. Really like it so far. At the risk of appearing greedy though, I gotta ask what's next. I guess I got a bit spoiled over the last 10 months by always knowing what the next update would have. Can you shed any light on what a post Ch 5 update might have, or what the team's priorities are after a much deserved break?

Lol... We don't get breaks. :(

We will have updates about what is coming next shortly. In the short term we will be fixing some remaining bugs in 2.2. After that there will be some pvp oriented changes. Can't say any more for now ;)
CodeMonkey

Postby Finnius » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:11 am

Finally getting rid of pvp! YAAA!
Finnius

Postby Dawn_ » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:09 am

B_Râd wrote:What's up with the battle text!?!?

Please change it back!!!

+1 it's doing my eyes in & slows fights down :/ Other than that everything great! ;)
Dawn_

Postby Dawn_ » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:11 am

Please ditch the KAPOW!!! Batman style graphics
Dawn_

Postby JasmynthTheEldest » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:29 am

So far, it's looking great, Venan! Thank you!!

That said... sigh... I have two issues. First, as already has been stated, the purple health losing animation is unnecessary and, frankly, distracting from what is actually happening in combat. I really don't need to watch my enemies losing health; the fact that they lost it is sufficient to me. Plus, the point of the new combat differentiation text was to make it easier to follow what is happening in combat. So, I hit them. I get text telling me I hit them, and for how much... and then I have to wait to watch the bar flash lilac and then decrease in purple to where I ALREADY know it's going to go? Why? It wastes time (I can't press my next action button until I watch the baddie bleed a lot) and is just extra processing for my device to display. Simple was better. I hit them; they loose health. Bam, done. Good. Same when they hit me -- I don't need to watch my bar go down -- just take it down so I can see if I need to health pot or not.

Second, while the combat text in different places and moving in different directions is great (makes it clear what is happening to whom) the placement of effects text and health loss over my status bar is NOT GOOD. There is a lot of background noise at that location (e bar, r bar, health bar, silver, GS, purchase buttons....). Reading the notice and figuring it out against the cluttered backdrop is actually HARDER than it was before. Also, it makes no sense to have combat information appear in the FRAME area -- it belongs in the COMBAT area of the screen. I know space is at a premium up there at the top, with status effects displaying, but perhaps, much as I love your artwork (tip of the hat and a round of drinks to Beeko et al.), you could, ahem, resize it down bit to allow the new text to display against a neutral background in the area it's actually occuring (and where I'm actually looking during combat)? Not a lot.. Just a little bit, to make some room for what is supposed to make following combat easier?

Thanks for a great game, and a much appreciated update.
JasmynthTheEldest

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates