Mega Topic: Trade for Things between Characters

What would you like to see in future updates?

Re: Cache for guilds

Postby Bimbosigliere » Tue May 06, 2014 11:26 am

REDACTED
Last edited by Bimbosigliere on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bimbosigliere

Postby EricM » Tue May 06, 2014 11:34 am

ChucklinChuckles wrote:It seems that the main reason people oppose this is they are high level in high level guilds and do not want completion what's.the difference if people just buy a hundred dollars in gold shields which alot of people have done and max a character out

That's just as absurd as saying there are low levels in low level guilds who don't want to work for what the rest of us had to work for. Whether people spent gs or loyally raided 8x/day for two years... it doesn't change the fact that it took some kind of commitment to get to the top. By asking for trading, as nice as it would be, is akin to asking for free handouts without having to do the work. For example, why should you bother raiding KFS onslaught when I can do it better... and then give the cv to you? It's illogical and defeats the whole purpose of raiding to grow.

And by no means do we not want competition. I'd love for there to by thousands more high might players. Thats more gs revenue for venan and more updates for us. But trading isn't the solution.

If you want that badly to give something to your guild mates... just log into their account and buy them shields. Give venan more revenue and make them happy. Couple guilds have done that in the past...just be very careful with account info sharing.
EricM

Postby Illy_the_Red » Wed May 07, 2014 8:15 am

EricM wrote:
ChucklinChuckles wrote:It seems that the main reason people oppose this is they are high level in high level guilds and do not want completion what's.the difference if people just buy a hundred dollars in gold shields which alot of people have done and max a character out

That's just as absurd as saying there are low levels in low level guilds who don't want to work for what the rest of us had to work for. Whether people spent gs or loyally raided 8x/day for two years... it doesn't change the fact that it took some kind of commitment to get to the top. By asking for trading, as nice as it would be, is akin to asking for free handouts without having to do the work. For example, why should you bother raiding KFS onslaught when I can do it better... and then give the cv to you? It's illogical and defeats the whole purpose of raiding to grow.

And by no means do we not want competition. I'd love for there to by thousands more high might players. Thats more gs revenue for venan and more updates for us. But trading isn't the solution.

If you want that badly to give something to your guild mates... just log into their account and buy them shields. Give venan more revenue and make them happy. Couple guilds have done that in the past...just be very careful with account info sharing.

It would be fine for certain things that aren't buyable. Giving someone a recipe or some essence wouldn't actually have much impact on maxing their toon! I've seen one of the devs post somewhere - probably this thread - some form of trading or banking system was something they wanted to do, if only on their long-long-term wishlist. So the idea isn't as ludicrous as some claim. I doubt anyway that many of those with millions of valour stashed would actually give it all away. For casual players being able to move on some of the less useful gear/gems would be great to help out other casual players. Not everybody raids as hard as some (or spends as much) to accumulate the tens of thousands of ChV that I hear some people have already.
Illy_the_Red

Re: Trade for Things between Characters

Postby ChucklinChuckles » Wed May 07, 2014 11:49 am

The whole idea of this is not to super power little toons. But I can see how that could happen I just wanted to add a reward system for example we were running kracken as a guild and are in competition for first in squire teir we had.a player take his toons to help gold plague when he.can really use.the soilder valor we all thanked him but it would be nice to reward him with more than a that a boy I do raid eight ten times a day and I sell gems for 250 which does nothing for me I would like to give them to my guild to use as a reward for charcters that step up and help the guild
ChucklinChuckles

Postby NikoNarf_1 » Wed May 07, 2014 5:08 pm

One safe way to do this would be allowing a player to purchase gs on behalf of a friend. You enter the menu for buying GS, select one of the denominations, then choose "keep" or "give to friend", and if "give to friend" is chosen, you access your menu of friends and pick one to receive your gift.

Some guilds already do this via iTunes gift card codes, but this would make it easier.

Since these gifts are not from a character's existing stash, but are new purchases, one cannot mine GS on a top toon and give them to a lesser toon.
NikoNarf_1

Postby _Casper_ » Sat May 10, 2014 4:02 am

I had an idea for a guild dropbox where players can sell old gear and gems for random valor/silver, then guild members could purchase these items for discounted prices. Thanx for your consideration.
_Casper_

Postby Prims_Starstruck_Cavalry » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:15 am

What about if the bank idea were to work creating little special ad ons for the guild that can only be bought through the banked currency therefore quite possibly extending the sale of GS and it gives the players a trading area so if someone needed something for a recipe and someone else had it you could give it to the other player and put a flat exchange price on it and after every few items move the price up to trade that way it makes money for venan depending on the currency and us players get what we need by being able to help each other out and yes I agree this should be guild only

Allied raiding concern officer,
Primaris
Prims_Starstruck_Cavalry

Postby _pusscat_ » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:57 am

Love it
_pusscat_

Postby _pusscat_ » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:57 am

Love it
_pusscat_