June 20th, 2014 - PvP Preview

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: PvP Preview

Postby Sàlád_ » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:16 pm

Darkhorse wrote:
Monster_Salad wrote:Ok venan im ready for this update to come out now just give me and eta ;)

Barring any unforeseen disaster, within the next few weeks.

*This is not a promise or a guarantee.

Lets not have it released Fourth of July weekend that would suck
Sàlád_

Postby Bøgdan » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:54 am

Any skills adjusted? Are justis going to get a slow skill?
Bøgdan

Postby XxDanielsxX » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:28 am

-When will be relased the new pvp???
-Level will be always 33?
XxDanielsxX

Re:

Postby EricM » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:07 am

XxDanielsxX wrote:-When will be relased the new pvp???
-Level will be always 33?

Estimated arrival was very end of June, but could be into July last we've heard depending on how long bug-fixing/testing takes.

The update after the pvp update will increase level cap to 35.

Azaelish wrote:Any skills adjusted? Are justis going to get a slow skill?

Probably quite a few. And I don't know what changes are planned, but I wouldn't count on a justi slow. The class is built on not having one I think.
EricM

Postby GFtoons » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:32 am

Will the pvp quests still be in place?

And I'm curious how it would be bad for the game or hurt others to use the new pvp to exchange gold shields between toons? The gs will still be earned, purchased, and spent and could be useful to help lower lv toons join your guild in larger raids where the help is needed. I like the idea and honestly don't see why it's considered bad by some. Why not let people spend gs however they choose?

Personally, I wouldn't mind being able to hand down gems after my main toon upgrades.
GFtoons

Postby EricM » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:41 am

GFtoons wrote:Will the pvp quests still be in place?

And I'm curious how it would be bad for the game or hurt others to use the new pvp to exchange gold shields between toons? The gs will still be earned, purchased, and spent and could be useful to help lower lv toons join your guild in larger raids where the help is needed. I like the idea and honestly don't see why it's considered bad by some. Why not let people spend gs however they choose?

Personally, I wouldn't mind being able to hand down gems after my main toon upgrades.

Edit: I'm being stupid...

PVP Beta quests will remain in place, but pvp feats will vanish and become heroic feats, so do them while you can. I believe they'll be replaced with new feats.

The main issue with being able to hand down gems is balance. A top might player can can get 3k chv with 100e spent... that'd totally disbalance things if I could just pass those gems down to my baby toons. They'd be maxed on t6s in a week...
Last edited by EricM on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EricM

PvP Replays

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:42 am

Darkhorse wrote:Don't quote me on this, but I think the last 20 replays are saved. One of the engineers might know better.

Will Replays be reset each PvP Season? Can we delete unwanted Replays? Can we save Awespoon Replays?
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: PvP Replays

Postby Darkhorse » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:03 pm

Bj_Knows wrote:
Darkhorse wrote:Don't quote me on this, but I think the last 20 replays are saved. One of the engineers might know better.

Will Replays be reset each PvP Season? Can we delete unwanted Replays? Can we save Awespoon Replays?

Replays will reset during any content change (AKA most updates) for technical reasons. Replays will be deleted off the end of the list (currently holds the last 20). There is no current way to delete replays or mark other replays as saved, but if this feature proves to be popular and useful we'll consider more enhancements.
Darkhorse

Postby Darkhorse » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:06 pm

GFtoons wrote:Will the pvp quests still be in place?

Yes, the quests are still in place (although Lady Gwynn is being moved to the Captain's Quarters around the corner).

As to "exchanging" gold shields, each betting pool will have a Venan rake (currently set at 10%, so for example if both players bet 5GS, the winner gets 9GS). This innately puts a hamper on just transferring gold shields at will. Obviously with a feature like this we'll be keeping a very close eye on it to prevent abuse, and we have ways of temporarily disabling it if there proves to be an issue.
Darkhorse

PvP Replays and Bugs

Postby Bj_Knows » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Darkhorse wrote:Replays will reset during any content change (AKA most updates) for technical reasons.

Which reminds me, can we send Venan replays for Bug Reports? Or will we have to obstain from PvP until Venan can log into our account?
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

PreviousNext

Return to Dev Blog