August 19th, 2013 - Once more unto the breach...

Want to know more about us or the inner workings of Book of Heroes? Check this out!

Re: August 19th, 2013 - Once more unto the breach...

Postby CrzyHopper » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:51 pm

...ZzzZZZZzzz...wut?...oh still nothing...zzzZZzzZZzz....
CrzyHopper

Postby Shekka » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:24 am

At this point I do not believe that there is a 2.0..or if there is, it will be release like last year. Right before the new year.

So much waiting, so much anticipation, and then a flood of ppl leaving or taking a break because there is no proper communication with the players. Shows where we stand I suppose..
Shekka

Postby Grnm » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:32 am

It's exactly 3 months since Darkhorse's historical first announcement.. and over 2 months of dead silence..

What's the point of keeping this absolute radio silence? You guys don't want to spoil the surprise? But many endgamers - the best target group for this surprise - just won't stay long enough to see it..

Despite being sometines rude and cocky your player base is quite loyal and full of understanding so why not say at least something?
Grnm

Postby DnT_Eliel_ » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Grnm wrote:It's exactly 3 months since Darkhorse's historical first announcement.. and over 2 months of dead silence..

What's the point of keeping this absolute radio silence? You guys don't want to spoil the surprise? But many endgamers - the best target group for this surprise - just won't stay long enough to see it..

Despite being sometines rude and cocky your player base is quite loyal and full of understanding so why not say at least something?

I'm not just agreeing with Grnm because I find him to be one of the nicest folks in BOH-land, but because he's right. I've had one of our guild's highest might players quit this past week out of boredom. I am expecting more will do so soon. Help us help you retain your user base. We know how software development works. We know dates can slip. But having complete silence for this long is worse than any slipped milestones would ever be.

Please.
DnT_Eliel_

Impressions- Don't Kill the Messenger or Ambitious New Updat

Postby Bj_Knows » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Subject
Impressions- Don't Kill the Messenger or Ambitious New Update

Darkhorse wrote:
Phlip wrote:Really excited about V2 :-) This has gone quiet so I thought I would post some questions - any answers would be really interesting...

1) Any update on likely date?
2) Will there be T6 gems as well as T16 gear, or will T5 remain top gems for now?
3) On collections (really nice idea) any update on whether BoH will remember previously owned items? Doesn't matter so much for most of them but when they cost GS or came from events its more important. I liked the blue T11 gear I bought with GS, would be great to wear that again.
4) Is the way Health works likely to change? The reason I ask is that PvP is great but since no diminishing returns on health the winner is often the person with most health. This means fights are getting longer and longer as people sacrifice more offence for health - top pvp players all seem to have 15-20 health gems.

Thanks in advance for any answers!

1) Not yet.
2) Has not been finalized yet.
3) The scope of this has changed somewhat. Personally I would like for the game to know what items I've previously owned and that's something we want to do but this feature is in a state of flux so I don't have anything concrete to report.
4) Yes. We'll be posting something on this soon.

These were pretty wimpy answers but unfortunately I just don't have a lot I can report on yet. Sorry about that!

Looks like a lot of Darkhorse's more vague statements this summer are explained.

Adding Vile Realm for PvE, but rolling it out slowly due many factors. v2.0 Fire/ Ice Mage, Rank 7- 9 Enchants and new enchants being three of them. They may even roll out Rank 7, Rank 8 and Rank 9 Enchants separately. New enchants (and Ranks) may, or may not, be ready the first week, since Venan can turn those on through Server and DLC updates.

Seems Venan is, more or less, happy with new Magic Justicar and Hybrid Shadow Walker since they are definitely rolling out Tier 6 Gems https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=23188#p23188 (in the above quote Darkhorse was yes on Tier 16 Gear, and maybe on Tier 6 Gems).

New Enchants, and Ranks, would have more of an impact on Fire/ Ice Mages, especially the Role Players.

Depending on Stats for new Monsters, may see more Spec 1 used for some Mobs and Spec 2 used for other Mobs with a decline in Spec 1 for all Mobs and Spec 2 for Boss/ PvP. Having two Specs theoretically gives you 64 points to play with, except some Class Abilities will be too good to skip. BarbSpice- new Riposte [especially in Karnak Dungeon with super fast Mobs] & Quickness [improved RPP Race speed and Onslaught RPP], Agatha- Ice Spike Armor [Justicar's can keep their Heavy Armor, Mages will just Retaliate], Zeetha- Backswing & Heavenly Wave [no escaping the 2H Axe]

5 gs bet with CJ that Juggernaut acts like a Crafted Potion and lasts 10 combat seconds for multiple Combat Encounters/ Loot Rolls (CELR).

Making Stunning Blow Spirit (Magic) also solves the Stunning Blow/ Rend problem for Role Players.

5 gs bet with CJ that PvP Season 1 is Dec 2014 at the earliest, more likely with v3.0.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Bj_Knows » Thu May 08, 2014 10:33 am

Darkhorse wrote:Please remember, as always, the features discussed above are a work in progress. As we move on throughout the development cycle, we always expect changes to the ways these features might work and interact.

Hi Darkhorse,

The Forum misses you. On the other hand, considering how the Forums have treated you, and your Posts, lately, I don't blame you.

I think I will just read this quote three or four time, think about kittens (with adamantium claws) and puppies (in full plate armor), and imagine a Forum where Darkhorse feels comfortable coming back and telling us all about the Shiny new features before the code is actually uploaded to the Live Server.

P.S. Dave cheats, he only discusses controversy free things like "Wait" option and Yappy Hour. ;-) okay, maybe not controversy free.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Postby Bimbosigliere » Thu May 08, 2014 10:54 am

REDACTED
Bimbosigliere

Previous

Return to Dev Blog