Mega Topic:Down Converting Valor Discussion (Merges)

What would you like to see in future updates?

reverse selling of valor and guild bank

Postby demonaz » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:02 pm

Since you can buy higher valor with lower valor we should be able to buy lower with higher. Also, some kind of guild bank system would be nice.Since people can leave guilds at will, maybe have it so guildmaster has total control over withdrawals.
demonaz

Re: reverse selling of valor and guild bank

Postby EricM » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:09 pm

Reversing would destroy game mechanics.

Say I used the alchemist's lockbox with 50k and ended up getting 30 CV.... which I could then trade for 600 KV... Which I could then trade for 12000 SoV, which would give me full T10 right off the bat.

Guild bank also has the potential to be abused unfortunately. The reason characters have separate shield counts is to prevent shield sharing between accounts. By introducing a guild bank, you're allowing a character to farm onslaught or something with his alts, and then send all the shields via guild, to his main.
EricM

Valor- Downconvert

Postby raiynne » Wed May 01, 2013 8:35 pm

I'd like to see a way to buy valor in reverse order. Foe example: 1 knights valor can be exchanged for 10 soldiers valor. Or 9 soldiers value if you don't want to do 10.
raiynne

Re: Valor

Postby Celestial_Cavalier » Wed May 01, 2013 9:06 pm

raiynne wrote:I'd like to see a way to buy valor in reverse order. Foe example: 1 knights valor can be exchanged for 10 soldiers valor. Or 9 soldiers value if you don't want to do 10.

This has been requested a lot of times before and is not going to be implemented as it is very unbalancing to the game due to the 20:1 exchange rate of a lower to a higher tier of valor. If you get 10 CV in the lockbox that is already equal to 200 KV = 4000 SV = 80000 Squire Valor.
Celestial_Cavalier

Re: Valor

Postby Fizz_Tenags » Wed May 01, 2013 11:00 pm

Celestial_Cavalier wrote:
raiynne wrote:I'd like to see a way to buy valor in reverse order. Foe example: 1 knights valor can be exchanged for 10 soldiers valor. Or 9 soldiers value if you don't want to do 10.

This has been requested a lot of times before and is not going to be implemented as it is very unbalancing to the game due to the 20:1 exchange rate of a lower to a higher tier of valor. If you get 10 CV in the lockbox that is already equal to 200 KV = 4000 SV = 80000 Squire Valor.

It would appear that the exchange rate should be 2:1 (higher tier:lower tier). That way your 10 CV lockbox = 20 KV = 40 SV = 80 Squire, which are the standard lockboxes...

Dunno if 2:1 is a worthwhile exchange rate, but it would be the only way it could work...

I'd be more interested in exchanging valor for mats for enchanting/crafting
Fizz_Tenags

Option: Preferred Valor Setting

Postby Bj_Knows » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:42 pm

Subject
Option: Preferred Valor Setting

Preferred Valor is inspired by “Exhange” Raids (Note 1).

Under the Option Menu, each character can select their Preferred Valor (Tier). If the Raid Reward is the Preferred Tier of Valor, or lower, nothing happens. If the Raid Reward is higher than the Preferred Tier, the Raid Reward is down converted.

Ex:
Preferred Valor is set to Soldier Valor Tier for a character.
Any Raid Rewards of Soldier Valor or squire Valor are awarded normally.
Any Raid Rewards, of X Knight Valor, are down converted to X*20 Soldier Valor in the Reward Mail.
Any Raid Rewards, of Y Captain Valor, are down converted to Y*400 Soldier Valor in the Reward Mail.

Note: Preferred Valor only works with Raid Rewards. It does not work with Alchemist Lockbox. It does not work with Seasonal Loot (Ex: HoliGob).

Note: default value would be "default" which would leave all Raid Rewards unchanged.

Note 1)
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=4616#p4616.
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

Re: Option: Preferred Valor Setting

Postby Hotasfire0Coolasice » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:18 pm

I would love for there to be down converting. And not counting lockbox makes it a little more fair. But, as discussed before, the rates would be insane.

Lets say you put about 1000 RPP in a kraken. That's give or take 36 soldier valor. 36 x 20 = 720 squire valor. Maybe if the rates were lowered this could be more fair. :/
Hotasfire0Coolasice

valor- Downconvert

Postby Syfyr_Wyndmyst » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:24 pm

Have you considered reverse buying of valor? IE soldier to squire etc.
Syfyr_Wyndmyst

Re: Down Converting Valor

Postby Bj_Knows » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:38 am

Subject
Down Converting Valor

Syfyr_Wyndmyst wrote:Have you considered reverse buying of valor? IE soldier to squire etc.

MY PERSONAL OPINION

I do not work for Venan.

Down converting Valor has been suggested multiple times, and multiple ways. With the announcement of BoH v2.0, it is unlikely that Venan will allow down converting of Valor due to the "Lockbox Down Converting Dilemma".

( viewtopic.php?p=4616#p4616 )

The rational, in this case, is probably the same as the rational for selling back Gems for Silver Coin instead of its original currency (Note 1). In my opinion, Venan really wants to encourage players to Raid, PvP and run Dungeons.

Note 1)
GEMS, SELL FOR ORIGINAL CURRENCY
2012-Jul-04
Little_Mike wrote:The only items that sell for their original currency are pre-1.3 items that were sold for Gold Shields and Hero Tokens (also known as Legacy Gear). The reason for this was we felt that since the system changed so much, we wanted players to be able to regear themselves without having to throw away everything and restarting from scratch. We don't allow players to sell current items for their original currency for obvious reasons.
https://www.venan.com/boh_forum/viewtopic.php?p=2318#p2318
Volunteer- donating BLOOD to Red Cross, SWEAT to Forums.

Bj_Knows

AKA
GM= Things Guilds Were Not Meant to Know
Bj_DWR
BjKnows
Gryphonknight= Ingress, Pokemon, Empires & Puzzles (& Miikeeyy)
CEO of Bee jay Industries
Bj_the_SPOON
BjofCJandBj
Bj_Knows

exchange rate for valor tokens

Postby Arcterris » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:54 am

I would like to see a change in the valour token system. At present they can only be exchanged upwards valour(I.e.1 soldier every 20 squire etc) can we have a downward exchange too please?
Arcterris

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests & Suggestions