Update 1.6.1 - May 23, 2013

A preview of the newest features and previous build notes.

Re: Update 1.6.1 - May 23, 2013

Postby Marconious » Fri May 24, 2013 5:18 am

If the trade off to having no caps is these horribly long raids, then I would prefer having caps again. It's still not as fun to raid as it was in 1.5. :(
Marconious

Postby Magic_Rat » Fri May 24, 2013 6:48 am

HJ_Assassin wrote:
zadam wrote:Any update on the 666kb download fail issue yet?

I had the same problem on 3g network (although it's pretty fast). I could install the game only thru WiFi, which is weird.

This ^^^^, I updated with WiFi. The update just refused to work on mobile data for me. Odd thing is my mobile data is faster than my broadband.
Magic_Rat

Postby Corran_Horn » Fri May 24, 2013 6:50 am

In the past I have felt and stated that Venan listen to its players and when there have been problems they've been fixed pretty quick. It feels like that's stopped yes they reduced the wave increases then they removed the caps and increased the waves again. I understand that Venan needs to make money.

When 1.5 came out everyone was burning in the portals and the new raids to get new gear and enchants. I'm not party to your numbers but I know those from my guild and people aren't burning because they don't need any gear or enchants they would only burn to save the raid. Nobody wants to do that. The CV raids can't be completed reasonably without massive burn, and people are dissatisfied with solve and bronze.

If you want a big community with many players who buy gs occasionally and some who buy regularly then players need to be motivated through achievable goals (gold raids) and a long term goal (new gear/enchant). Otherwise the player base will diminish in size and the competitive nature of the community will diminish and so will you profits.

Please get the raids at a more sustainable level and get some new valour gear and raids out there.
Corran_Horn

Postby Cacher » Fri May 24, 2013 8:43 am

I like the quests!
Cacher

Postby Fizz_JohnJSal » Fri May 24, 2013 10:12 am

Fizz_Eric wrote:I'm a little confused. It feels like basically you guys decided to carry through with whatever you wanted in the first place while going about it in a roundabout way to trick us into it.

This seems to be it exactly! And of course the defensive answer is "It's their game, they can do what they want with it," but then again, doesn't it matter if we -- the players and payers -- LIKE the changes?
Fizz_JohnJSal

Postby Swanstar » Fri May 24, 2013 11:04 am

Do you have metrics to support the need for harder waves? Makes no sense to me why you would go back to 1.6 numbers when everyone was so upset and you needed to fix immediately!

Do you really want upset gamers?

Ps, I think you think this game will be balanced after all guild members reach Lvl 5 guild loyalty. But I am going to have to politely disagree. While you might get better raid metrics this way, I assure you, many, including me, will most likely be upset with you.

Thank god I am going on vacation for 10 days and will hopefully be back when this chaos is resolved
Swanstar

Postby Cristo » Sat May 25, 2013 11:18 am

Oh I made a beautiful rant on this same topic in "Did Venan get it right this time" page 4. Too long to retype it here. Too sum it up.....1…quit whining Venan is trying to appease such a large variety of players that they are bound to make errors. 2…Gold was too easy to start with, it is supposed to be achieved by busting your arse. 3…Yes raids are longer but if committing for 3-4 hrs is your problem then you must love watching paint dry also. Energy regens whether you are watching it or not. Dump your e, come back in an hour an do the same. 4 hr long raid ~30 mins of RL commitment unless you want to burn shields. 4…Chat is dead?…not even close. Thank you Venan for a great game. Mini rant over
Cristo

Postby SaintlyRaven » Mon May 27, 2013 7:15 am

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the drop in the shadow warror's smoke bombs as part of this update?

Previously (pre 1.6.1) caltrops (slow enemies by 25%) and smoke bomb (increase enemy cooldown timer by 1 second) would stack.

Under 1.6.0 if an enemy was suffering under caltrops then hit by a smoke bomb, it would add 1.25 seconds to their timers. Now it only adds 1.00 second.

I have looked around and haven't found anything on this but might have missed it. Is this a nerfing of the two abilities when combined or a bug?
SaintlyRaven

Postby SaintlyRaven » Mon May 27, 2013 7:19 am

ah found it. Known issue.

:D
SaintlyRaven

Postby ARC_Xeno » Mon May 27, 2013 10:15 pm

:/ sigh. I just recently became able to do FS, but we weren't doing it as a guild, so I never got a chance to fight in FS. Does this mean I won't be able to see the Sentinel again unless I start a new character? Because I remember him having really amazing artwork and it would be a waste for it to only be used once...
ARC_Xeno

PreviousNext

Return to Game Updates